Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

Secularism means respecting all religions. But in India the case is different. Here secularism means anti - Hindu. Any politician or any writer or any person who claims himself as a secular person always use anti Hindu words. And if we talk about the discussion, then also minorities in India feel themselves safest in comparison to other countries. Government has many plans and policies for minorities in India so that they feel comfortable to live in India.

It is Hindu bashing rather than anti Hindu which they cannot afford to be because, many of them are Hindus.Many think it is sophisticated to put down Hindus and their customs and beliefs and look the other way when such issues come up from minority religions...That is India's idea of secularism which people have gotten used to in the past years .. 

One person use RTI to know that what is meaning of Hindu.But our constitution have not any definition of Hindu. For common sense here Hindu means who worship, Ram Krishna, Hanuman ji, Ganesh ji and all others Gods and godess. In India all persons who worship these Gods and godesses are zealot. They are not secular. Followers of all other religions are secular here.   

I'm glad dear Anil  that you have such  broad views on religion. I too believe in " Live and let live."Now please allow me to say about my own experience. My wife is very religious minded. I'm not. We lived under the same roof for 49 long years. She follows her own way and I follow mine. Our children are highly educated and well settled. I never tried to force my own beliefs in her. She too cooperated is cooperating with me. No ridiculing. No heckling . Our secularism also says freedom to practice any religion. Fanatics are there in every in every religion. These fanatics are making their livelihood through religion.But i was never drawn to them.Nor I'm going to in future.

In my own state religious tolerance is very much there. When a Muslim meets me he wishes me " Namaskar" And I reply, " Adab Janab. "

In my state we go a step further, when a Muslim meets me he says- Ram Ram Bhaiya, in turn I say Alaikum Assalaam that means May peace be upon you.  What is the problem as long it means peace for both of us. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

Secularism means respecting all religions. But in India the case is different. Here secularism means anti - Hindu. Any politician or any writer or any person who claims himself as a secular person always use anti Hindu words. And if we talk about the discussion, then also minorities in India feel themselves safest in comparison to other countries. Government has many plans and policies for minorities in India so that they feel comfortable to live in India.

It is Hindu bashing rather than anti Hindu which they cannot afford to be because, many of them are Hindus.Many think it is sophisticated to put down Hindus and their customs and beliefs and look the other way when such issues come up from minority religions...That is India's idea of secularism which people have gotten used to in the past years .. 

One person use RTI to know that what is meaning of Hindu.But our constitution have not any definition of Hindu. For common sense here Hindu means who worship, Ram Krishna, Hanuman ji, Ganesh ji and all others Gods and godess. In India all persons who worship these Gods and godesses are zealot. They are not secular. Followers of all other religions are secular here.   

I'm glad dear Anil  that you have such  broad views on religion. I too believe in " Live and let live."Now please allow me to say about my own experience. My wife is very religious minded. I'm not. We lived under the same roof for 49 long years. She follows her own way and I follow mine. Our children are highly educated and well settled. I never tried to force my own beliefs in her. She too cooperated is cooperating with me. No ridiculing. No heckling . Our secularism also says freedom to practice any religion. Fanatics are there in every in every religion. These fanatics are making their livelihood through religion.But i was never drawn to them.Nor I'm going to in future.

In my own state religious tolerance is very much there. When a Muslim meets me he wishes me " Namaskar" And I reply, " Adab Janab. "

In my state we go a step further, when a Muslim meets me he says- Ram Ram Bhaiya, in turn I say Alaikum Assalaam that means May peace be upon you.  What is the problem as long it means peace for both of us. 

No problems whatsoever. Rather, it is exemplary. Your greetings show how you respect each other. How tolerant you two are towards your respective religions. A great gesture indeed.

Being tolerant is not easy . It comes from years of exposure to each others diversity. It helps maintain peace in society. In urban areas people live in segregated ghettos and thus do not develop exposure to other communities and tolerance does not develop. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.