The topic is locked.

This is quite a blow, Just read the news on Facebook that veteran actor Om Puri passed away today in  a massive heart attack. May his soul rest in peace.

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/om-puri-passes-away-after-a-massive-heart-attack-4461368/

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Great character actor who also acted in 7 Hollywood films. Nobody acted better in a character role than OM

Om Puri, a great actor, made his debut in the 1976 Marathi film, Ghashiram Kotwal.

Om Puri was critically acclaimed for his performances in many unconventional roles as a victimized tribal in the movie Aakrosh. His Ardh Satya won him National Film Award for Best actor. Puri acted in some regional movies in Telugu and Kannada.

May his soul rest in peace

OMG... thats a shocker. Yes was a great actor. RIP 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Om Puri was one of the best actors we had and even lately he did a commendable job in Maalamal weekly,..But sadly he was also involved in domestic violence cases where he was accused of physically abusing his ex-wife and later his second wife as well! I guess this was one of his shortcomings..

May his soul rest in peace !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

oh my god it's very sad News we have lost one of the great actor such he is the finest actor A talent, great voice. May his soul rest in peace.

we miss you sir.......

usha manohar wrote:

Om Puri was one of the best actors we had and even lately he did a commendable job in Maalamal weekly,..But sadly he was also involved in domestic violence cases where he was accused of physically abusing his ex-wife and later his second wife as well! I guess this was one of his shortcomings..

What!!! I am really finding it hard to believe that he physically abused his wives! I missed the news! He was indeed a great actor and to hear something like that totally knocks you down! So almost all 'great' people do have feet of clay!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

What!!! I am really finding it hard to believe that he physically abused his wives! I missed the news! He was indeed a great actor and to hear something like that totally knocks you down! So almost all 'great' people do have feet of clay!

True Kalyani, I suppose the stress and pressure is even more for artists..

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Om-Puri-Bollywood-Nandita/articleshow/22070690.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

May his soul rest in peace, he was really a talented artist of one kind.

sdfafa

It's really shocking to hear about his death. He was such a versatile actor and did comic film and art film with equal ease. May his soul rest in peace!!

jabeen wrote:

It's really shocking to hear about his death. He was such a versatile actor and did comic film and art film with equal ease. May his soul rest in peace!!

An Actor of unprecedented Histrionic talents. Today most of the Indian Channels broadcasting his Movies.And, right now one of our Telugu channels is going to broadcast one of his Telugu movies, "Ankuram." at 4 pm

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.