The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Om Puri was one of the best actors we had and even lately he did a commendable job in Maalamal weekly,..But sadly he was also involved in domestic violence cases where he was accused of physically abusing his ex-wife and later his second wife as well! I guess this was one of his shortcomings..

May his soul rest in peace !

What!!! I am really finding it hard to believe that he physically abused his wives! I missed the news! He was indeed a great actor and to hear something like that totally knocks you down! So almost all 'great' people do have feet of clay!

True Kalyani, I suppose the stress and pressure is even more for artists..

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Om-Puri-Bollywood-Nandita/articleshow/22070690.cms

This comes across as a second shocker. Its sad to hear when brilliant actors like OM Puri are associated with something as lowly and gross as domestic violence. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Yes,  I had heard about him being involved in domestic violence against his wives.

But when it comes to acting, he was a true gem and his loss is a great loss to cinema and theatre.

May his soul rest in peace

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Let me say in one single sentence  about  Om Puri's  acting potential. "Om Puri is , India's gift Global Cinema".

Divya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Om Puri was one of the best actors we had and even lately he did a commendable job in Maalamal weekly,..But sadly he was also involved in domestic violence cases where he was accused of physically abusing his ex-wife and later his second wife as well! I guess this was one of his shortcomings..

What!!! I am really finding it hard to believe that he physically abused his wives! I missed the news! He was indeed a great actor and to hear something like that totally knocks you down! So almost all 'great' people do have feet of clay!

True Kalyani, I suppose the stress and pressure is even more for artists..

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Om-Puri-Bollywood-Nandita/articleshow/22070690.cms

This comes across as a second shocker. Its sad to hear when brilliant actors like OM Puri are associated with something as lowly and gross as domestic violence. 

A lot of celebrities are involved in domestic violence and cases of abuse ..They manage to cover it up and project a clean image to the world. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The cine goers will certainly miss Om Puri the actor and many among them will not bother about the negative side of his character. But, those who are sensitive won't be able to overlook it still no one can underrate his talent.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The cine goers will certainly miss Om Puri the actor and many among them will not bother about the negative side of his character. But, those who are sensitive won't be able to overlook it still no one can underrate his talent.

It is good to be balanced in our view , rather than go overboard when we like someone and condemning others who we don't like ..All humans have some shortcomings or the other so we have to accept people including artists with their negativity . Om Puri was part of the intelligent cinema who has contributed a lot and will always be remembered for his contributions 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Om Puri was a talented actor. He was a commedian, character artist and villian. Ardhsatya is milstone movie of Puri.

anil wrote:

Om Puri was a talented actor. He was a commedian, character artist and villian. Ardhsatya is milstone movie of Puri.

Yes. Om Puri  has acted in Telugu movies also. Today itself I had seen his Telugu movie, Ankuram. A  fantastic movie.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Yes. Om Puri  has acted in Telugu movies also. Today itself I had seen his Telugu movie, Ankuram. A  fantastic movie.

He was a natural artist. I don't know that he acted in Telugu movies,  for a talented artist language is not a problem. Sadgati and Mandi is also nice movie of Om Puri.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

He was a natural artist. I don't know that he acted in Telugu movies,  for a talented artist language is not a problem. Sadgati and Mandi is also nice movie of Om Puri.

There is another Telugu movie named Raatri.

OM Puri is a powerhouse of acting

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.