Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
But Sir,
it is also possible to give points on the basis of character count.
even if I post lengthy posts and short posts, i get the same points. but, for lengthy posts, if more points are awarded it will be an encouraging factor for persons who posts long replies. otherwise, for getting 3 points, all will opt for small posts with 50+ characters

Meera sandhu
I would have preferred the word count to 100 characters in a post that too without spaces or emoticons. Thanks.

Same here, it would be better to have at least two different point system for minimum characters in a post and a lengthier one that exceeds either 100 or more characters because one gets to spend a lot of time in finding the right words and expressing when you want to add some relevant information...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Hmm.. So many changes have done with new point system. Question answer section will be active with these new changes.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
But Sir,
even if I post lengthy posts and short posts, i get the same points. but, for lengthy posts, if more points are awarded it will be an encouraging factor for persons who posts long replies. otherwise, for getting 3 points, all will opt for small posts with 50+ characters
Character limit is just an eligibility. If you participate on forums not just for points. the limit doesn't matter to you. And do you know why only few people are praised/respected here for their presence irrespective of their points or whatever? Those who just concentrate on points will leave subsequently or turn to good writers later on. So it doesn't matter how many characters are there. After all forum will earn you enough knowledge to be social and be a good writer. That is the main intention of forum, not the points.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
I would have preferred the word count to 100 characters in a post that too without spaces or emoticons. Thanks.

Same here, it would be better to have at least two different point system for minimum characters in a post and a lengthier one that exceeds either 100 or more characters because one gets to spend a lot of time in finding the right words and expressing when you want to add some relevant information...

I ditto your proposal. 50 is too less even if the points have reduced to 3. However, two sets of points should serve the purpose right.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I ditto your proposal. 50 is too less even if the points have reduced to 3. However, two sets of points should serve the purpose right.
Not sure how successful that will become. Most of the time forum posts tend to be short within 500 words. Waiting for other people's responses.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Not sure how successful that will become. Most of the time forum posts tend to be short within 500 words. Waiting for other people's responses.

Also please re-write the forum rules in clear terms so that no member should go against them and if they do there should be no space for ranting.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

But Sir,
Character limit is just an eligibility. If you participate on forums not just for points. the limit doesn't matter to you. And do you know why only few people are praised/respected here for their presence irrespective of their points or whatever? Those who just concentrate on points will leave subsequently or turn to good writers later on. So it doesn't matter how many characters are there. After all forum will earn you enough knowledge to be social and be a good writer. That is the main intention of forum, not the points.

yet it would be a better idea to grand more points for lengthy posts.
there are a few persons here who write lengthy posts without caring points :)

Meera sandhu
I too feel that lengthy and informative posts should be given more points as it will encourage members to give replies with patience.I also request @maverick sir to update the FAQ's as I have seen that there is information on web inks there which is presently inactive.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
So now if posting on the forum we will receive only 3 points or as usual 5 points.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.