The topic is locked.
Hello friends! Opening a new topic of discussion for you all. I would like all the members to put forward their genuine ideas for the topic and do read the rules carefully. The topic is -

"How should we keep the FORUMS clean and healthy?"

Rules-
  1. Each member can post only 3 ideas. Any further posts will not be considered and deleted.

Rewards-
  • The best top 10 ideas (from 10 different members) will be selected and awarded Cash Rewards of Rs. 10 each.

*Note- The moderators are free to participate according to the rules but will not be eligible for the Rewards.

So let us start a healthy discussion! All the Best Guys!

Live in the present :)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It's not at all possible always that everyone will accept our opinions. So, never prompt others to believe their words. Instead, they can give proofs to add values to their opinions. Also, respect other members and their views and avoid clashes in forum. Also, hot discussions should end there itself, it should never be carried forward to spoil a relationship. Same is the case of moderators too. Decision taken by a moderator should be respected by other moderators and if they have a different opinion, they can communicate through PMs than open conflicts. Language of forum is very important. Always think that whole world are reading our views. Hence our posts should reflect good opinions and pass good piece of information.
Everyone here is agreeing that we should avoid useless posts. If every member here is able to carry forward this opinion through his responses in forum, it will remain clean and useful to many.

Meera sandhu
First and foremost, all members should abide by the forum guidelines. This means that there is no copied content, no vulgarity, no hatred, no personal gossip and no repetitions. The topics should be such as would be interesting to most readers/ users of the site. About one thousand log in daily. Interest of all users including the unregistered is of paramount importance.

Members should not hesitate to report to moderator any case of breach of rules. All members are responsible for keeping the site clean.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: arjun sai
Asha, 1-2 doubts. I want to know if we can post only 3 ideas. Also, why can't we quote a member's reply while answering, if we want to continue the discussion? Normal GD rules changed this time?????

The first rule itself says only 3 post per person not more than that. Its up to you to post as many ideas as you want to in your three posts but you must abide by the rules.
Yes! the rules have been changed a little this time keeping in mind some recent confusions as to how should we maintain a healthy environment in the forums along with decorum. Moreover quoting as been restricted as members often quote and put in a previously stated point in their own words. Expecting good number of quality contributions! :)

Live in the present :)
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
When we are posting something, we must think, "If this post is benefited some reader and can it contribute forum in a positive way". If your answer is yes, don't hesitate to post. Personal talks/experiences can be included, only if it's related to the discussion topic one way or other......same is the case of doubts. I don't believe that forums should strictly follow classroom approach, no fun, never go out of boundaries etc etc. But it's the duty of every member here, to come back to original paths even if he is distorted for a while. Also, it's the duty of a thread initiator to carry forward the discussion through right path and if he feels the discussion is over and can invite only useless posts further, it's his duty to press 'report to moderator' button to lock it. If a new user want to post something relevant in this thread, he can ask moderator to open it again.

Meera sandhu
In case a member has any thing to add to his ideas he/she can edit his/her previous post to not to exceed 3 posts in this GD. This GD will have 3 posts from one member and that would be followed strictly. Thanks.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The GD contest came with a new Idea. I want to welcome this.
Not only in forum discussion but before starting to work in this site all should read and follow the rule and regulation of this site.

We could keep the forum clean and healthy if we maintain some guidelines.
1) First read the forum topics carefully to answer or comment. The answer should be relevant to the topic.
2) Your answer should not be such that hurt anybody or any concern. Answer from your own idea and the the comment should be your personal. The content should not carry any grammatical mistake or shorthanded.
3) In any controversy everybody should obey the guidance of administrator.
I think if we follow such such small things the forum will be clean and we will also feel comfort to comment in any topic.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
My next suggestion is....avoid repetitive new threads, which can make our forum boring. Instead try to find something new, which can draw attention of members and make them post. Also, never forget to start discussion about current topics getting attention. It can bring viewers to our forum. Sometimes I feel, many threads and its responses look so similar and in such cases, maximum probability of repetitive answers. Also, if some old thread is pulled up by a new member, it's the duty of senior members to continue discussion in that thread only if needed. It can surely keep our forum clean. Also, it's the duty of every member to report to moderator if he feels, thread has already exhausted and can further invite only spam posts. Also, I really want at least one moderator to be present online during day time so that he can closely watch forums and discussion going on here. Their presence itself can keep our forum neat and tidy. Also, a moderator should never hesitate to delete an unwanted post if he is seeing the user repeatedly posting useless posts even after getting warning. If moderators can do so, am sure, it will improve its quality for sure.

Earlier, DFAA awards were given. I think, it should be started again. Earlier many conflicts arose because its cash prize was given to the member who gave maximum responses in the forum. I feel, it's wrong procedure. Instead, quality posts with minimum 50 characters should only be considered. Also, those threads getting maximum responses should be given importance. That means, a particular thread is bringing a lot of responses. Credit goes to that thread initiator. also, cash prizes can be given to the best thread initiator daily or once in a week. I think, once in a week is most feasible.

Meera sandhu
Here are my 3 ideas to keep forum clean: :)

1) Posts should be strictly to the point and should related to the topic if there is any diversion moderator should delete that post with a warning to the person and frequent warnings should result in ban of that particular user.

2) Every thread should be verified by moderator before being displayed on the forums.

3) There should be some rewards for people who focus more on quality to motivate people to write quality contents on the forums.
I agree with the suggestion by Sanjeev Gupta that there should be reward for quality content. The present system relies more on quantity. I suggest that there should be a weekly reward for best forum content. The suggestion for prior verification of a post before displaying on the forum is likely to obstruct the free flow of discussion and is impracticable. But the moderators as well members are there to constantly watch and take action. Moderators have direct authority whereas members have an indirect authority in shape of 'report to moderator'.

To delete a post is an extreme step and this is resorted only for spam posts, adult and anti national content. Most members are responsible enough.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta
To keep a forum clean, participants must ponder over the topic and express his or her views after careful thought and in clear and lucid language so that the views are conveyed without any ambiguity which may lead to different interpretations other than what was intended by the person expressing his views.
The cardinal principle of respect for others' views, sensibilities must be kept at the back of one's mind while expressing one's views.We should never ridicule another person's views,however foolish it may seem; instead we should politely counter such views pointing out the flaws in the argument.
Thirdly, we in India live in a multilingual,multi religious and multi cultural society which requires us to be tolerant, understanding and sympathetic of the various issues confronting society; therefore the views expressed should reflect these sentiments.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.