Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Even I too have have noted it but what to do people don't ask much of questions here. :woohoo: Hope to see you ask few question at least for us to answer. :laugh:

Actually, we all need to contribute to the answers section as well. That will help the entire site to grow. And what's better than adding more categories.

You might have seen it that I frequently ask questions in Q&A section. But the participation is low there people should participate more there to increase revenue of the site as I feel Q&A will help a lot to do it compared to Forums. :blink:
Even I too have have noted it but what to do people don't ask much of questions here. :woohoo: Hope to see you ask few question at least for us to answer. :laugh:

Actually, we all need to contribute to the answers section as well. That will help the entire site to grow. And what's better than adding more categories.

You might have seen it that I frequently ask questions in Q&A section. But the participation is low there people should participate more there to increase revenue of the site as I feel Q&A will help a lot to do it compared to Forums. :blink:

Yes, that's right. The more the revenue of the site, the more members will be getting. I feel that is a simple logic and members should consider this. It is like helping others to help oneself - a team effort.
Best way is to post some of your own questions as well! That will enable others also to answer your questions and to post more questions! What it needs is people who ask questions as currently it is only limited to a handful few who post questions but the ones who post answers are many!

Yes, that's one good idea to have our own questions as well. And this tendency also needs to be changed. Everyone should participate equally. I have seen that some few members are only asking questions.

That's true! The participation needs to be healthy and interactive. Also many people actually do not understand the real purpose of the Q&A section judging on the kind of questions being asked. Only those questions should be asked the answers to which cannot be easily found on the google. But here people are asking only such type of questions and also some type that are more of a discussion or an opinion rather than a proper question!

That would be really difficult, Kalyani. Google, or no Google, internet has got answers to everything. If you say people should questions for which the answers cannot be easily found on Google, then its difficult. People may only refer to Google or internet to search answers. If there's on reference, then the question remains unanswered. So, then what's the point in asking such questions.

Actually, no Abhijeet, that is a popular misconception. Think about it, if I can Google any topic and get an answer within seconds, why would I waste my time posting that question and waiting for days for it to be answered. But since the activity os only limited as a means to earn points, it has become a norm to ask questions with very easy answers. Also, when I ask a question, I expect it to be answered by someone who has either enough experience or has knowledge about it eg. I have asked a question long back in Home and Garden section related to a plant. I posted that question because I genuinely need an answer to it, and I could not find any answers to my query on google. so hoping that there would be someone here, I posted that query which is unanswered till date!

My stand on the activity is that the kind of questions I would answer is that I could tax my brain cells to some extent, lean back on my own experience and knowledge to answer them, not google them and then paste the answers here!

@Kalyani
I have answered your questions there...2 of them , one related to curry leaf plant and another one related to rose plant...
Just do what I have told and tell me, if it worked :P

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Best way is to post some of your own questions as well! That will enable others also to answer your questions and to post more questions! What it needs is people who ask questions as currently it is only limited to a handful few who post questions but the ones who post answers are many!

Yes, that's one good idea to have our own questions as well. And this tendency also needs to be changed. Everyone should participate equally. I have seen that some few members are only asking questions.

That's true! The participation needs to be healthy and interactive. Also many people actually do not understand the real purpose of the Q&A section judging on the kind of questions being asked. Only those questions should be asked the answers to which cannot be easily found on the google. But here people are asking only such type of questions and also some type that are more of a discussion or an opinion rather than a proper question!

That would be really difficult, Kalyani. Google, or no Google, internet has got answers to everything. If you say people should questions for which the answers cannot be easily found on Google, then its difficult. People may only refer to Google or internet to search answers. If there's on reference, then the question remains unanswered. So, then what's the point in asking such questions.
I don't think so. While I am doing coding stuff, I usually end up getting no answers for my queries and find it by my own. Just think out of the box, we are adding more and more categories to the section, in case you have any, please feel free to suggest.

Actually I was thinking about it.

We having Computer and Internet category.. But what if someone want to add question related to other technology like mobile or something. So please put Technology as parent category and put Computer and internet inside it if possible.
Mobile technology is one of the computing technology nothing different. probably a sub category will do the trick,

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: AKP

Actually, no Abhijeet, that is a popular misconception. Think about it, if I can Google any topic and get an answer within seconds, why would I waste my time posting that question and waiting for days for it to be answered. But since the activity os only limited as a means to earn points, it has become a norm to ask questions with very easy answers. Also, when I ask a question, I expect it to be answered by someone who has either enough experience or has knowledge about it eg. I have asked a question long back in Home and Garden section related to a plant. I posted that question because I genuinely need an answer to it, and I could not find any answers to my query on google. so hoping that there would be someone here, I posted that query which is unanswered till date!

My stand on the activity is that the kind of questions I would answer is that I could tax my brain cells to some extent, lean back on my own experience and knowledge to answer them, not google them and then paste the answers here!
Exactly. Most people tend to ask silly questions that they can get answers with a click on Google. Soon we are going to introduce ratings for questions too and such questions and authors will get punished by negative ratings just like those who give silly answers now.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Exactly. Most people tend to ask silly questions that they can get answers with a click on Google. Soon we are going to introduce ratings for questions too and such questions and authors will get punished by negative ratings just like those who give silly answers now.

That would be a great feature Maverick, I am looking forward to it. It will definitely increase the quality of questions and answers both!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I don't think so. While I am doing coding stuff, I usually end up getting no answers for my queries and find it by my own. Just think out of the box, we are adding more and more categories to the section, in case you have any, please feel free to suggest.

We having Computer and Internet category.. But what if someone want to add question related to other technology like mobile or something. So please put Technology as parent category and put Computer and internet inside it if possible.
Mobile technology is one of the computing technology nothing different. probably a sub category will do the trick,

Yes subcategory is okay too.. Thanks. :)

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

Yes, having sub-categories is also fine. There will be at least something worthwhile regarding that topic there. I welcome the move.

I have one more suggestion. See if that suits you. Don't award fixed points for any answer. One liners should have something like only 1 point. The more a person elaborates in his answer, you can increase the points. A paragraph of a reasonable length could even be awarded 6 to 8 points. You can work on the slabs. But just change the points system, that's what I am trying to suggest you.
Raise the points for asking Questions in par with the answer. Questions will flow in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.