Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have heard that 1000 posts gives us 500 bonus points and the same for 1000 answers. I was going through some questions here. There aren't those many questions, I guess and some of them are locked. So, how do I reach 1000 answers? :(

You can post your own questions. If you don't get enough questions to answer then work in other categories. There are many things to do here which give points and cash credit.

Regarding 1000 posts bonus points, you should keep working till you cross 1000 posts.
Best way is to post some of your own questions as well! That will enable others also to answer your questions and to post more questions! What it needs is people who ask questions as currently it is only limited to a handful few who post questions but the ones who post answers are many!

Yes, that's one good idea to have our own questions as well. And this tendency also needs to be changed. Everyone should participate equally. I have seen that some few members are only asking questions.

That's true! The participation needs to be healthy and interactive. Also many people actually do not understand the real purpose of the Q&A section judging on the kind of questions being asked. Only those questions should be asked the answers to which cannot be easily found on the google. But here people are asking only such type of questions and also some type that are more of a discussion or an opinion rather than a proper question!

That would be really difficult, Kalyani. Google, or no Google, internet has got answers to everything. If you say people should questions for which the answers cannot be easily found on Google, then its difficult. People may only refer to Google or internet to search answers. If there's on reference, then the question remains unanswered. So, then what's the point in asking such questions.

Actually, no Abhijeet, that is a popular misconception. Think about it, if I can Google any topic and get an answer within seconds, why would I waste my time posting that question and waiting for days for it to be answered. But since the activity os only limited as a means to earn points, it has become a norm to ask questions with very easy answers. Also, when I ask a question, I expect it to be answered by someone who has either enough experience or has knowledge about it eg. I have asked a question long back in Home and Garden section related to a plant. I posted that question because I genuinely need an answer to it, and I could not find any answers to my query on google. so hoping that there would be someone here, I posted that query which is unanswered till date!

My stand on the activity is that the kind of questions I would answer is that I could tax my brain cells to some extent, lean back on my own experience and knowledge to answer them, not google them and then paste the answers here!
Exactly. Most people tend to ask silly questions that they can get answers with a click on Google. Soon we are going to introduce ratings for questions too and such questions and authors will get punished by negative ratings just like those who give silly answers now.

I have one more suggestion. See if that suits you. Don't award fixed points for any answer. One liners should have something like only 1 point. The more a person elaborates in his answer, you can increase the points. A paragraph of a reasonable length could even be awarded 6 to 8 points. You can work on the slabs. But just change the points system, that's what I am trying to suggest you.

This I think is very difficult to implement but definitely it should be the basis to award points to the users in Q&A or forums. BTW there is 20 points for the answer if it is selected as a best answer by the person who ask it. :)
Well, No need to reach for that destination instantly.. Daily few questions are getting added and you can answer them regularly. You will reach to goal in future. ;)

Question and Answer section have became active recently.. That's why it is having less content.

I don;t know when it became active as you say. But it is certainly having less stuff as compared to forums. Secondly, the solved questions cannot be answered. So, that reduces the chances to answer as well.

It will take time to reach that one now a days every one is participating in all sections.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Well, No need to reach for that destination instantly.. Daily few questions are getting added and you can answer them regularly. You will reach to goal in future. ;)

Question and Answer section have became active recently.. That's why it is having less content.

I don;t know when it became active as you say. But it is certainly having less stuff as compared to forums. Secondly, the solved questions cannot be answered. So, that reduces the chances to answer as well.

It will take time to reach that one now a days every one is participating in all sections.

That's right. :)

But still think 1000 question is a big task like climbing mount Everest. :laugh:
I have heard that 1000 posts gives us 500 bonus points and the same for 1000 answers. I was going through some questions here. There aren't those many questions, I guess and some of them are locked. So, how do I reach 1000 answers? :(

You can post your own questions. If you don't get enough questions to answer then work in other categories. There are many things to do here which give points and cash credit.

Regarding 1000 posts bonus points, you should keep working till you cross 1000 posts.

I know there are many other things to do. Reaching that 1000 answers is just a milestone. And yes, I am working here all the while and posting articles too.
If every one posts few questions daily then it's possible.
How will we know how many questions we have answered ?

http://beautytipsforflawlessskin.blogspot.com/

If every one posts few questions daily then it's possible.
How will we know how many questions we have answered ?

Yes, that's right.
Go to Connect and a menu will load. Click on Answers. When the page loads, you will see menu list. Click on My Stuff. There you can see a list of the questions you asked as well as those you answered.
Best way is to post some of your own questions as well! That will enable others also to answer your questions and to post more questions! What it needs is people who ask questions as currently it is only limited to a handful few who post questions but the ones who post answers are many!

If the points are increased I guess we will be flooded with questions LOL......just now it is just 2 points and you really have to rake your brains to come up with something worthwhile....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If the points are increased I guess we will be flooded with questions LOL......just now it is just 2 points and you really have to rake your brains to come up with something worthwhile....

Yes may be that's one of the reasons why people don't ask questions. But still there are 5 points for answering and its the highest point from any activity we get from here. :blink:

Yes may be that's one of the reasons why people don't ask questions. But still there are 5 points for answering and its the highest point from any activity we get from here. :blink:

I was actually talking about forum posts...Here it is just 3 points for responses, right?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.