Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Friends, please do not stray away from the topic! While we do recognise the contribution and worth of people who were active in the past, yet the award is meant for people who are currently taking time and efforts to make this site a good and lively place! Thank you!

Chinmoy has earned the entitlement by reactivation whereas Sandhya is still inactive. Once, I worked hard to get one lakh points just to reach the target that Chinmoy had already attained. I hope Chinmoy will again surpass all.

Agreed. Glad to see Chinmoy's come back. And he's very active now.

Yes even I also have seen active after so long. Hope he continues to be active on the site. :)

I wish all the old members once who were active should be back. Chinmoy has set the tune, i think it may work in bringing back some old members especially Sandhya Rani. Tab aayega real mazaa.

But she has been :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: enjoying the real or unreal mazaa sitting in the sidelines!!!!

Yes, she is reading everything and she is hurt that her name is not in the list of nominated members. She says, she is not active in forums but is very much on the site and maybe next month she will reach another payment. She is busy solving her family's economical problems right now. She is not yet a PAST member as long as she does not delete her account from the site. In fact, no member is a past member unless they have declared it officially.

Then if I die, how will I communicate that I be treated as past member. Then you will consider me only as inactive and not past. :unsure: :unsure:

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Friends, please do not stray away from the topic! While we do recognise the contribution and worth of people who were active in the past, yet the award is meant for people who are currently taking time and efforts to make this site a good and lively place! Thank you!

Chinmoy has earned the entitlement by reactivation whereas Sandhya is still inactive. Once, I worked hard to get one lakh points just to reach the target that Chinmoy had already attained. I hope Chinmoy will again surpass all.

Yes even I also have seen active after so long. Hope he continues to be active on the site. :)

I wish all the old members once who were active should be back. Chinmoy has set the tune, i think it may work in bringing back some old members especially Sandhya Rani. Tab aayega real mazaa.

But she has been :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: enjoying the real or unreal mazaa sitting in the sidelines!!!!

Yes, she is reading everything and she is hurt that her name is not in the list of nominated members. She says, she is not active in forums but is very much on the site and maybe next month she will reach another payment. She is busy solving her family's economical problems right now. She is not yet a PAST member as long as she does not delete her account from the site. In fact, no member is a past member unless they have declared it officially.

Then if I die, how will I communicate that I be treated as past member. Then you will consider me only as inactive and not past. :unsure: :unsure:

You can consider a member "A past member only when all their activities are dead' in the particular case we are referring the activities are very much visible so we cannot consider them past or dead. By the way, on other sites I have seen when a member is no more in this world, someone close to them informs the members about the incident and everyone pays them their due respect.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

You can consider a member "A past member only when all their activities are dead' in the particular case we are referring the activities are very much visible so we cannot consider them past or dead. By the way, on other sites I have seen when a member is no more in this world, someone close to them informs the members about the incident and everyone pays them their due respect.

Activities alone count. I have seen some members, though they were away from the site for a long time are staging a come back with a continuous participation. They are for all practical purposes considered as active.
Guys, please stick on to the topic.

Regarding the nominations, the initial list is no way the final list and anyone can add new name to it.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Hi All,

I would like to take this opportunity to announce another exiting program to recognize the most valuable members of boddunan - The Boddunan Most Valuable Member award. Here are the details.

1. Every month we will start a new poll with the title "The Boddunan Most Valuable Member Award - Month"
2. We will select a few people initially, but may not be the final list. The list is a starting point but nothing more.
3. All members have an option to add their choice, need not be themselves. they can nominate anyone they wish, however they can vote/nominate only once.
4. A final list will be selected based on user contributions in last month, votes and also other factors including all activity.
5. Top 5 members avatar along with other information will be published on home page next month.
6. Each selected winner will be given a new badge which will be shown on their profile pages forever.

So here is the schedule:
Nominations: November 2013
Voting: December 2013
Results and Awards: January 2014.

Criteria:
1. We select members based on their contributions across the site
2. Preference will be given to the contributors in Answers, Articles, Forum in no particular order.
3. We will consider the user votes as well provided we find there is no misuse of the feature, users can comment on voting page about why they nominate a member
4. Admin decision is final
5. The award is to recognize the people who are making this site live always.

Please do let me know if you have any queries.

All the best.

P.S. Please do not quote this post.

Members must have observed that I disciplined myself as to expressing myself for the justification or merit of this exercise by either giving negative or positive comments, simply because the title of this thread itself. I have no means of knowing what is the exact standing of Boddunan today . If it has progressed, I am and ought to be very happy and if it hasn't , those who are into managing it owe it to themselves why it hasn't!!! By putting a question 'who is the most valuable member' to ones who might have just joined or just here for a few months , we would be utterly unfair to those members who put in solid efforts in the start-up years. Boddunan should not be leaving this question to voting which it ought to know in the heart of hearts who are they!! It only promotes division and worse contrary to our harmonious existence!! That is the main reason I am least excited and enthused over this entire exercise!! I am sorry if anyone feels hurt otherwise.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Hi All,

I would like to take this opportunity to announce another exiting program to recognize the most valuable members of boddunan - The Boddunan Most Valuable Member award. Here are the details.

1. Every month we will start a new poll with the title "The Boddunan Most Valuable Member Award - Month"
2. We will select a few people initially, but may not be the final list. The list is a starting point but nothing more.
3. All members have an option to add their choice, need not be themselves. they can nominate anyone they wish, however they can vote/nominate only once.
4. A final list will be selected based on user contributions in last month, votes and also other factors including all activity.
5. Top 5 members avatar along with other information will be published on home page next month.
6. Each selected winner will be given a new badge which will be shown on their profile pages forever.

So here is the schedule:

Criteria:
2. Preference will be given to the contributors in Answers, Articles, Forum in no particular order.
3. We will consider the user votes as well provided we find there is no misuse of the feature, users can comment on voting page about why they nominate a member

All the best.

Members must have observed that I disciplined myself as to expressing myself for the justification or merit of this exercise by either giving negative or positive comments, simply because the title of this thread itself. I have no means of knowing what is the exact standing of Boddunan today . If it has progressed, I am and ought to be very happy and if it hasn't , those who are into managing it owe it to themselves why it hasn't!!! By putting a question 'who is the most valuable member' to ones who might have just joined or just here for a few months , we would be utterly unfair to those members who put in solid efforts in the start-up years. Boddunan should not be leaving this question to voting which it ought to know in the heart of hearts who are they!! It only promotes division and worse contrary to our harmonious existence!! That is the main reason I am least excited and enthused over this entire exercise!! I am sorry if anyone feels hurt otherwise.

What is wrong in giving right of vote to all members- old and new. I appreciate Chinmoy for his recent activity. Many have contributed well in the past. I appreciate them. But there is no way to give then honor for current contest. The basis for recognition is just last month for each contest and any one who is currently participating knows and appreciates the contribution of members.

Hi All,

So here is the schedule:

Criteria:

All the best.

What is wrong in giving right of vote to all members- old and new. I appreciate Chinmoy for his recent activity. Many have contributed well in the past. I appreciate them. But there is no way to give then honor for current contest. The basis for recognition is just last month for each contest and any one who is currently participating knows and appreciates the contribution of members.

First the title in that case should be amended suitably to indicate the month. As to honoring members in terms of value, the job itself is a delicate and intricate one, if Boddunan has any such program the task is too professional and demands a proper evaluation to be decided through voting - it amounts to shirking the duty. Earlier too many such attempts under various avatars like 'member of the month' , 'forum activator' and all that were tried and withdrawn without assigning any reasons. Conceptually this new one 'the most valuable member' should stand at a different plane altogether. We must be fair to members who contributed significantly in the past and respect them by including them in the roll of honors. An organization which does not link the past with the present, does not make a very good statement.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
In my opinion such a recognition program is full of loopholes with most members voting based purely on their own personal preferences rather than actually looking at the performance of a member ! You see inactive members suddenly appear and vote their favorites, so what is the point ? The discussion going on itself shows such a trend and I feel that it will not help the site in any manner...Of course this is strictly my personal opinion ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee, Kalyani Nandurkar
Hi All,

So here is the schedule:

Criteria:

All the best.

First the title in that case should be amended suitably to indicate the month. As to honoring members in terms of value, the job itself is a delicate and intricate one, if Boddunan has any such program the task is too professional and demands a proper evaluation to be decided through voting - it amounts to shirking the duty. Earlier too many such attempts under various avatars like 'member of the month' , 'forum activator' and all that were tried and withdrawn without assigning any reasons. Conceptually this new one 'the most valuable member' should stand at a different plane altogether. We must be fair to members who contributed significantly in the past and respect them by including them in the roll of honors. An organization which does not link the past with the present, does not make a very good statement.

I agree. Title can be changed as 'Most valuable member for the month of......". Members' vote is not the only criterion for selection of 'most valuable member'. The ultimate decison is of the administration. SWo administration may select even the member who has got lesser votes.

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
Hi All,

So here is the schedule:

Criteria:

All the best.

I agree. Title can be changed as 'Most valuable member for the month of......". Members' vote is not the only criterion for selection of 'most valuable member'. The ultimate decison is of the administration. SWo administration may select even the member who has got lesser votes.

My opinion is, a direct voting by the members should not be there. All the Moderators should constitute a committee. They should select a member purely basing on 'Performance.' What should be performance parameters should be prescribed by Administrator. Nobody knows better than the Editors when it comes to performance of a member.
The final list be left to the Administrator. The basis for final judgment is the recommendations of the panel of Moderators.
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.