The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Maverick wrote:

New members tend to post spam/unnecessary posts, hence the difference.

On the contrary indiscriminate posting of same thing said again and again and unnecessary posts to each and every thing comes from old members, not new. On the same note, I may add that some of the very promising new members have been put off from this site by unnecessary rudeness and brashness of old members. So while we keep harping on inviting quality members, there are certain old and senior ones who persist in their rudeness which drives off good people. Something that I have pointed to you previously a number of times.

I am so sorry to see some of the good new members left just because they could not adjust with ways they were handled by older members. 

The point is not the unwillingness to adjust to ways here, but it is unwillingness to accept unnecessary insults and undesirable comments thrown at them.  A forum is supposed to be an open place where anyone can drop in and exchange points, not a tightly controlled and closed community where new people will feel uninvited or unwanted.

No, I did not say the new members should give up to the bullying of older members but what I said was  they could not deal with bullying by older members and left.

That does not mean it should go unchecked. Everyone should feel welcome here !

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Maverick wrote:

On the contrary indiscriminate posting of same thing said again and again and unnecessary posts to each and every thing comes from old members, not new. On the same note, I may add that some of the very promising new members have been put off from this site by unnecessary rudeness and brashness of old members. So while we keep harping on inviting quality members, there are certain old and senior ones who persist in their rudeness which drives off good people. Something that I have pointed to you previously a number of times.

I am so sorry to see some of the good new members left just because they could not adjust with ways they were handled by older members. 

The point is not the unwillingness to adjust to ways here, but it is unwillingness to accept unnecessary insults and undesirable comments thrown at them.  A forum is supposed to be an open place where anyone can drop in and exchange points, not a tightly controlled and closed community where new people will feel uninvited or unwanted.

No, I did not say the new members should give up to the bullying of older members but what I said was  they could not deal with bullying by older members and left.

That does not mean it should go unchecked. Everyone should feel welcome here !

That is why this thread's points are being discussed, let the admin make his views clear on this one.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Maverick wrote:

I agree Kalyani, too many unnecessary posts just to get points spoils the quality of the discussion and many a times you may want to post but the fact that you may not get the information  but another overlapping view deters me to post in many discussions.There is also a great deal of difference between rudeness to new members and getting caught up in a heated discussion..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I don't know who are those bullies. I presume they must be weaker than me! A bully never gets attracted with their best or worst efforts and ultimately make themselves dispensable, redundant to thin away and out.But the question that merits serious consideration is if those who have entrusted with the job of discipling bullies have been up to their job? 

Thank you said by: suni51

There should not be any distinction between new members and seniors. It is talents that count, not seniority. And many new members are highly talented and have been performing admirably in many other reputed sites. An equal treatment, with same rules for all, will definitely enhance the dignity of the site. 

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

I don't know who are those bullies. I presume they must be weaker than me! A bully never gets attracted with their best or worst efforts and ultimately make themselves dispensable, redundant to thin away and out.But the question that merits serious consideration is if those who have entrusted with the job of discipling bullies have been up to their job? 

I can assure you the people responsible are doing their best to keep the forums clean but it's for some of the existing rules which pose as hurdles. As soon as the rules are clear, the things will look different.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

So what I understand is majority people are against the restrictions, well I have to respect your views. 

@kalyani, this is an open forum, everyone welcome here and can share their views freely. Nobody can command anyone here, it simply do not work in an open environment.

@chinmoy, sorry but I have to disagree. people who are supposed to do keep the discipline are already doing their job at their best, imho. At the end, this is the forum run by the community for themselves. If there are some deviations, I won't worry as there is no perfect thing in the world in any field.

@rambabu, any incidents reported will be taken care with due diligence. I don't worry about 100 wrong people gets benefit but I do worry if 1 innocent paid the price for no wrong doing.

Others, thanks for posting your views. At present there would be no change in any status. We will continue to take feedback from you guys.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

@Maverick

No need to feel sorry but your views in regard to mine have convinced me of correctness of my views.So I stand by them.Let us agree to disagree!

An imperfect world should not be an excuse for non-pursuit of perfection.Similarly your philosophy of letting hundred wrong doing to protect a single innocence is a bundle of confusion and contradiction.If we allow 100 thieves the benefit of thefts we make more or less than 100 victims protecting only wrong-doers!

An imperfect world should not be an excuse for non-pursuit of perfection.Similarly your philosophy of letting hundred wrong doing to protect a single innocence is a bundle of confusion and contradiction.If we allow 100 thieves the benefit of thefts we make more or less than 100 victims protecting only wrong-doers!

I too am confused about this statement , I wonder what Maverick meant by it...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

@Maverick

No need to feel sorry but your views in regard to mine have convinced me of correctness of my views.So I stand by them.Let us agree to disagree!

Do not worry, there will be no wrong doings here, you can be assured of that. You are one of the members who have been here right from the beginning and have seen this site grow from a small forum to such a big and exclusive community. We all have had share of ups and downs and injustices and all kinds of disturbing trends and yet, we have all survived that and brought this site on top of everything else. You have not been here only as a witness but as an invaluable part of the growing and maturing community and have proved a source of great learning for not just me but for others as well. Deviations will always be there , we can never wish them away but as long as we are all willing to clean up the mess together and work for it, it will always be alright!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.