Hello,

Here is this week's topic for group discussion.

"Either CBSE/ICSE or SSC. Which board provides a better quality primary and secondary education?"

All the members of Boddunan are eligible to take part. The best participant will be awarded with Rs 50 and the runner up will be awarded with Rs 25.

We are giving 50 points for all the members who post at-least 3 valid contributions on Group Discussion topic. Replies should be in a constructive manner either oppose of supporting the topic.

Wish you all the best and be creative, informative and be sportive in taking feedback.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Iam the first to start the discussion.
People say that it is difficult to score high marks in CBSE as the syllabus is difficult compared to HSC board.Most students will study in CBSE board upto 10th standard and switch to HSC board for 11th and 12th standards to score high marks.I think it is a good option as students have to secure more marks in HSC examination for getting seats in Top engineering and medical colleges.

So in my view, CBSE is best till 10th standard.If the students are really intelligent and ready to do more hard work, they can continue in CBSE for 11th and 12th standard also.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Hello Friends

As per the GD topic "Either CBSE/ICSE or SSC. Which board provides a better quality primary and secondary education?"

In my views CBSE is much better and easy than other two. ICSE is little ahead in syllabus and studies than CBSE, hence is difficult to cope up by many students who do not have very sharp minds.

CBSE is easy for all type of students. There are many other advantages too in CBSE which are not in rest of the two.

Aastha Gupta
@Meean..

Absolutely agreed with your point of view. But Don't you think so, students are taking HSC to score only good marks, What about knowledge if they have done 11th and 12th from CBSE, their knowledge level too got increased..

Aastha Gupta
OK GD topic "Either CBSE/ICSE or SSC. Which board provides a better quality primary and secondary education?"

I had studied neither in CBSE syllabus nor in ICSE syllabus.But have experienced the merits and demerits of both two years ago.

Regarding ICSE syllabus it is an advanced syllabus almost in international level.What we study in lower classes may be the topics in higher classes of other syllabuses.For example I had a neighbour studying in second standard under ICSE syllabus.His syster was studying in CBSE syllabus in fifth standard at the same time.Most of the things especially EVS and GK what she was studying in fifth was there in this second standard student's syllabus.So I think that is not a child centered syllabus or in lower classes ICSE is not advisable for average students.But if the student is above average it will be an advantage to him as he will get deep knowledge in subject when he goes upto the plus two level in the same syllabus.

This does not mean CBSE is syllabus is the best one in primary classes.I think it is also not a child centered syllabus.In lower classes students have to learn through play and other activities.But till two years back the CBSE students were mugging up the book.So they forget what they learned immediately after the exam.Now there is activities in almost all classes as part of grading introduced recently.The same system was adopted very early in state syllabus and those students are very active in all things and score more marks in exams.

So I don't agree with what Meean had told.Actually the science and Maths syllabus of CBSE and HSE are the same (Both are using NCERT Books now).So to score higher mark why they should change over to HSE in plus two?It is not due to difficulty level.But due to liberalised valuation.

So in my opinion quality of ICSE syllabus is better than CBSE syllabus.But it is the student's ability that is to be decided before compelling him to follow them.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
In my opinion cbse provide better quality primary and secondary education .

The syllabus of cbse is much tough as compared to other boards.
I feel higher the level of difficulty increases the ability of students to think and learn.
Good discussion. :)

In my view, all the boards have their own standards. Coming to my case, I have studied in CBSE syllabus up to my 6th and then moved to ICSE syllabus.
Here are the general differences that I feel personally.
CBSE syllabus is the syllable curriculum supplied by Central Government. Here there is very less standards for mathematics when compared to ICSE syllabus. The science subjects have very good standards comparitively.

ICSE syllabus is completely managed by the State Government. The Science subjects have low standards comparatively, where as mathematical subjects are far better here.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Meean wrote:
[quote]
So in my view, CBSE is best till 10th standard.If the students are really intelligent and ready to do more hard work, they can continue in CBSE for 11th and 12th standard also.[/quote]

@Meean, you have stated that CBSE is better till 10th. But personally I have seen many of my friends and relatives from CBSE to have very very poor knowledge in the mathematical subjects. And also they feel very hard and discomfort to follow all the subjects in their +2 and higher studies; along with the ICSE students.

I would be an example of a CBSE student till my 6th. It is better to follow ICSE syllabus for a student in his 9th and 10th as it will give a lot of control over the mathematical and science subjects, which are very important to continue in +2 and higher studies.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
According to my view all board have their own standard.

HSC/SSc board are easy to study, if u want to have smooth flow than go for this board..qaulity of eduaction is good...but it again come to the school in which you are getting education...city school manitain quality but rural school dont..
If you know you are going to stay in state only then go for state board i.e hsc/ssc..

CBSE is a central board exam...Quality of education is much better than state board..If you have to change state every year due to parents job/posting then go with CBSE board....They have very good trained teacher and look for overall development of the student..

ICSE is now getting Popularty because of the International level education...Focus is on the over all academic as well as extracurriculam activies..ICSE have freedom to Select their own Syallbus and book for their student...they can appointed very high trained staff....but the education is tough..average student are not reccommended for this..

In short My peference according to the education standard will be
1)ISCE
2)CBSE
3)HSC

and vice-versa for easiness
@Deepti,
I think the point you raised "ICSE syllabus is completely managed by the State Government" is totally wrong.In my previous working place there was a school named St.Patricks.They have another school at Ireland.Both follows ICSE syllabus.How can it be then a state government managed syllabus?

@Vijay,
You told in case of CBSE "They have very good trained teacher and look for overall development of the student..".You are absolutely wrong as far as my experience.My wife had worked in a CBSE school for 6 months.There staff comes and goes and even untrained staff were there.Here in my state better teachers are available in state schools.That is in HSE.CBSE and ICSE staff are those who do not get selection to government schools.

This teacher selection also is a problem that these schools face.So regarding the syllabus both are tough to an average student.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid Areacode wrote:
[quote]@Deepti,
I think the point you raised "ICSE syllabus is completely managed by the State Government" is totally wrong.In my previous working place there was a school named St.Patricks.They have another school at Ireland.Both follows ICSE syllabus.How can it be then a state government managed syllabus?
[/quote]

@Abid. I haven't told that ICSE syllabus is completely managed by State Government. :)

The syllabus would be prescribed and managed by the State government. This is my intention of my statement.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.