The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshaji it is not possible to completely control anything on Internet. The content of youtube gives lot of money to the site so as the social networking site. They do not care about what the content is, however, in exteme conditions some similar groups were completely banned, after some users started a group aganist it by reporting it as improper and hurting content. The site provide reporting feature just to keep the poster to be alert not to post any bad content. If people dont follow this, they dont care unless some reports come aganist it, in large number. Hence, it is good to report whatever be the result.

Thank you. I have reported many times in yahoo, Boddunan but never in U Tube. Your suggestion is good. We should always report vulgar and indecent content irrespective of result.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Inorder to conclude the topic my final ideas on this GD are as follow:

1)FB is all purpose site which have good features and is not limited to social networking.

2)Due to this factor not only youth many senior citizens and hous wife spend lot of time on it.

3)Regarding youth, the features like Games, chatting, money making facilities are more attractive and they even find groups attractive. As in groups one can do what they cannot do in really. Jobs,resources on subject or competitive exams,online earning program and advertissing are other features which attract youth.However, it depends on individual interest and maturity level that what to choose and what not to choose. So, selecting a right choice is not be expected always.

Now comes the second part whether age is to increase or not

1) There is already some minimum age to join which is believed to be matured age according to the Website's, country of origin.

2) And yes the age could have been increased further as it will suit to users of any country.

3) Though there is no disadvantage in increasing the age, there is neither any advantage in increasing the age as the user is fully virtual.Nobody knows whether the age information is completely true.

4) Finally, it is duty of parents to monitor their children in using such sites and even educational organization should keep any eye on the behaviour of students and should only give access to authorized links. :)
I haven't used facebook yet so much but i know that it is more user friendly people find their friends of the age of their choice here easily.
rajni said exactly right that people give their fake information in facebook about their age. children below 18 or 13 are also registered in fb and most of time teenagers are also harrased mentally by other offenders in facebook.
for that reason time to time articles based on security of teenagers are edited to keep save teenagers from harrasment .parents should care about the activites of their children on facebook aand get know that who are in their friendlist.
rather than this facebook is like a magic . status of each friend can be known to all friends and we can get info about our friends on facebook easily even they are offline.
Thank you said by: Rajani K
I agree with some points posted by Rajani.But I disagree with the following.

1) FB is all purpose site.Initially it came as a social networking site and still its main aim is social networking.THay are adding more to this site to escape from the laws that may come in future against the social networking sites.Also to keep the youth with them they have to change day by day which is only a market tactic.

2) Regarding the age limit , the maturity of human beings are measured in terms of his/her physical age.In cyber world this cannot be measured like this.The mental age of an individual is to be the practice followed.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Even the site blogger.com used for posting blog is nowadays used for social networking through blogging.There are a lot of child bloggers there.To have an account in blogger.com a gmail id is required.A gmail id is got for those having age above 16.THen how this child bloggers come?Don't these blogger.com has the method to ban this?All these age limits are just for their safety needs to argue somewhere.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.