Hello Friends, sorry for the big gap between the last GD and new one!

Here is the topic for this week's discussion,

With the festival of lights, Diwali, approaching in a couple of weeks, the sales and usage of fire crackers have started escalating each day. Considering the ill effects of global warming we are already experiencing and the pollution, Should there be a ban on fire crackers?

As usual all members who post at least three valid answers will get 50 points as bonus and winners will get Rs 50 and Rs 25 as cash prize.

All the best guys!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I feel they should pass a rule that the crackers should be cracked only on diwali and that is also not more.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

There is already a rule about sound that it should be within 65 decibel.So we should obey the rule.
Above rule it has a morality side.In time of firing crackers we should keep in our mind that it should not disturbed others specially to children and aged people.I
In other hand we can celebrate this festival with light and candle.
After all festivals are celebrated to maintain our communal harmony not to disturbed.We should keep in our mind about pollution also as fire crackers produce a lot of air pollution and sound pollution also.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
India is known as the land of festivals and Diwali is one of such festivals. Literally, Diwali means festival of lights but the hard fact is that along with it people burn fire crackers on this festival and thereby they leave a deep black scar on mother nature either by causing sound pollution or air pollution which in turn adds to global warming.

Moreover, burning firecrackers also effects the health of our youngsters and elders. It not only cause harm to our ear drums but also causes sleeplessness, partial or total deafness, soaring blood pressures and heart attacks. Not to mention, it also causes nervous disorders in certain cases.

Finally, when we open the early newspaper just the very next day after Diwali we see a number of lives are lost and numerous number of accidents taking place in different nooks and corners of our country just because of burning of fire crackers. Numerous cases of burns, fire on public and private property covers the headline of newspapers and these are huge loss not only to us but for the entire nation.

Hence, considering the above-mentioned hazards I strongly believe that fire crackers should be banned completely. I used the term completely because recently our government has passed a law where bursting of fire crackers has been banned from ten pm to six am which I think is a partial remedy to the menace or hazard that is caused by bursting of fire crackers. Besides, only ban from government will not help the cause but we common people need to be sincere enough to implement the same so that our enjoyment of celebrating Diwali does not take an ugly turn.
To put it bluntly, I am totally in support of ban on fire crackers. They pollute our environments and are dangerous too. Every year we see news of so many innocent people getting injured or getting died due to crackers. Also, the materials used in the crackers nowadays are of low grade cheap quality making it more dangerous.

Also, if I take a example of festival like Diwali, It is supposed to be a festival of lights, sweets and sharing love so how does crackers fit into that. The huge amount of money spent on crackers can be used to light up someone else's life and home. There are so many homeless kids who don't have money to celebrate diwali. Giving them new clothes and sweets would certainly make them happy.

Also, why not buy gifts for your family and friends instead of spending it into crackers which is a few seconds fun. The love you will share with your family and friends would be treasured for ever.

So all in all I strongly believe that we should ban fire crackers, if at all you feel the urge to use crackers, there are lot of environmentally friendly crackers available as well. They are safe and keep pollution to the minimum though they are a bit pricey.

The best way to celebrate any festival would be to share love. Every penny spent on sharing love with others would make it priceless.
According to me, people who are selling fire crackers should invent such crackers which are eco-friendly. There is no hard and fast rule to use traditional fire crackers. Traditional fire crackers create lots of health problem. Enjoyment is less compared to that.
If we burst newly invented fire crackers which gives out fragrance and colours without any smoke, that would be more enjoyable and funny. Regarding sound pollution, bursting of such fire crackers would create less sound.
I am against traditional fire crackers but I am in favour of modern fire crackers. It makes us smile and enjoy the festivals which comes once in a year.
Devyani eco-friendly crackers exists and they are available in India. But the problem is their high cost. Many people are not willing to shell out that kind of money. But the good news is they getting popular year after year and I am sure with some more awareness it may replace the harmful crackers out there.

Also, few NGO's are taking up the cause and are planning to stage rallies and hold seminars in schools and colleges, making them aware about the harm crackers does and also where they can easily find eco friendly crackers.
I think there should be no ban but on some hard sound cracker should be ban like bullat bomb,hydro bomb ,mirch and sutali bomb .

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

In my opinion there should be a ban on fire-crackers. I do know in a land where religious sentiments soar high, people may not agree. But fire crackers not only harm the environment, it hampers the society as well.

A. Bursting fire crackers make people very vulnerable to damages that often have proved life threatening and sometimes fatal.

B. Fire cracker industries breed social evils like child labor and unfair wages.

C. The crackers are priced exorbitantly.

Apart from these it doesn't need to be debated for the neagative impact it has on health and nature.

Leo

I often, used to hear people say about the priceless moments they would have to see the thrill and joy on their kids faces when a cracker is lit and the lights pop up.....for quiet sometime I even believed that is true....

I changed that thought after I saw many children being forced to work for cracker making agencies....their faces covered in sweat and pain, their hands covered in explosive powder,their life and health in jeopardy and their right of living decently snatched by a class of people who want to enjoy....this equation makes no sense.

I'm sure the government would be taking the necessary steps to eradicate evils like this...but as usual its unsuccessful ,I feel this market breeds evils like this and hence should be banned.

Leo

Noise pollution is so high that Government has taken the step to curb the use of music or noise at a certain amount and up to a specific time.But how long can this go on.

The smoke produced by vehicles on the road also has reached to a level where our good health is in question.

With these rates of pollution going high where noise and smoke cannot be tolerated any more, do we have a choice now? It should be banned.

I am sure there are other expensive eco- friendly ways to do so, so on the festival of lights,a creative and inexpensive solution should be found to celebrate to substitute crackers.

Leo

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.