Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Diwali is the festival of light. Children do enjoy the festival by burning crackers and making big noise. If we completely ban the same it will be every difficult for children to enjoy. We can better try to reduce the sound and enjoy much crackers which doesnot produce much sound like flower pot (ordinary), sparkles etc. It will not only solve the problem of people sometimes becoming deaf but also helps in keeping the environment sound free. Another important point to be considered is to give children only the standard crackers with proper precautionary advice. It will help them in maintaining the safety and also give them happiness of the same.

Sparkles, flowerpots, loose crackers etc should be encouraged as it doesn't produce much noise or sound. Hydrogen bombs, Laxmi Bombs, Double Sound, Triple Sound etc to be banned if possible and if not let the sound be reduced. The festival can be better enjoyed with family and friends in an open big ground where everyone can enjoy their part.

Finally, to conclude every diwali should bring happiness, joy and prosperity but not welcoming problems for future life. Happy Diwali to all.
I agree with Manas that there can be regulations for prohibiting crackers that are more noisy and dangerous and allowing only less dangerous and safe crackers. Moreover, as I suggested immediate complete ban will not work. first, public opinion in favor of ban should be built. Crackers are agents of pollution- sound and air, safety hazard and cause discomfort to sick, old and children. Most people will be in favor of the ban and after building such opinion, ban can be enforced.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree with Manas too that the heavy loaded crackers should be banned totally and safer ones should be used.Also I agree with Gulshan ji on the point that old traditions donot have to be blindly followed.

Eco friendly options are not researched for, not because they are expensive, its because its not supported alot.Let us not forget that crackers are not only used for Diwali but also on all occasions of celebrations like a cricket match thats won, marraiges etc....crackers do have their potential dangers that can't be ignored.

We are a generation of innovation,we can definitely celebrate a festival of lights with out making noise or pollution.

Actually,the government should come up with compliance norms for crackers pertaining to its explosive intensity and noise volume.Also the agencies who manufacture these products should be standardized and licensed.A ban should be considered for crackers that donot comply with the standards mentioned by the government.

Leo

There were silent parties as a concept,yet it was never encouraged in late night open air parties.As soon as late parties pertaining to open air DJ nights got banned, Silent DJ parties became popular...it was founded to curb noise pollution.It catching up and now renowned event organizers promote the theme in open air parties even in India.

Why? Simply because there was no other alternative.I'm sure eco-friendly crackers would be widely used after the ban on loud and unsafe crackers.

Leo

Diwali is celebrated in the sense to remind that moment when Shri Ram returned to Ayodhya and people of ayodhya had welcomed him with lightining candles and fireworks. that time fireworks were not so strong as the current time . these days fireworks are so strong and harmful also as we read usually after diwali there are so many houses which sat on fire or the things of the people converted into ashes due to fire because the sparks from the crackers are so fast that they catch fire immediately. So i would recommend to use only crackers which are ot such strong and the ban should be on heavy crackers.
Well, I agree with those with the view that fire crackers could be categorized under noisy and noiseless fire crackers. But the fact is that fire crackers belonging to either of these two categories are responsible enough to release harmful gases in the atmosphere like sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide and severe amounts of carbon monoxides in the atmosphere. Sulfur dioxide effects our respiratory systems while nitrogen dioxides blocks the flow of oxygen in our lungs. Moreover, diseases like allergy, asthma etc are due to the fact of contaminated oxygen in the air.

Besides, high decibel fire crackers are responsible for increasing the level of anxiety, annoyance and uneasiness among us. It also increases the level of frustration, itchiness and tastelessness among us.

Further, the harmful chemicals like cadmium, potassium, sodium. Zinc, lead etc are used in the manufacture of fire crackers in factories that are situated in the suburbs of cities. The health related problems of the laborers are very much related with these and sometimes the diseases are so dangers that it is beyond repair and goes away with the lives of the laborers. I think it is high time for the government to ban the manufacture of these fire crackers or else these monster fire cracker producing factories will keep on swallowing countless lives of the poor and innocent people.

Fire crackers are not only used in religious festivals like Diwali and Sub h e bar-at but also in other celebrations like family marriages and Independence days. It brings in an enormous amount of fear in the mind of common people because of the huge amount of noise expelled from the mass burning of the fire crackers at a random pace. Apart from this, the people who burns fire crackers have the maximum amount of chance to potentially harm themselves as because these fire crackers are made of explosives...!
We know Dewali festival is famous due to diya,pooja and cracker so to stop this is not possible and not good but to stop high bomb which include lot of chemical should be banned .

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

yes i am referring this point that crackers of high powers should be banned as they can harm to beings but there shouldn't be overall bann on crackers as this will decrease the overall fun.

Sparkles, flowerpots, loose crackers etc should be encouraged as it doesn't produce much noise or sound. Hydrogen bombs, Laxmi Bombs, Double Sound, Triple Sound etc to be banned if possible and if not let the sound be reduced. The festival can be better enjoyed with family and friends in an open big ground where everyone can enjoy their part.

I agree with your statement Manas, as sparkles, flowerpots do not have create must noise but they to have harmful chemical and produce smoke which is not environment friendly or health problem may occur as said by @ AJAY

However, some of the substances used in the composition can be changed by the manufactures which can help people to escape from health hazards.
Thank you for the inputs you provided here members.Regarding the topic of GD Should Crackers is to be banned I will say surely Yes because it is not only cracking it but also many things.
1) It cracks the environment by adding to global warming.The number of crackers burned on these days are exhausting carbon di oxide to add to the global warming.
2) It creates sound pollution also.
3) A lot of energy in the form of light and sound are wasted into air without any control.If this was used for any other purpose there may not be shortage of energy in this world.
4) It is wasting money.Just hearing the big noise cracking makes no sense at all.None thinks that it is the sound of bursting of his money!

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.