The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree with what Gulshan has said, there are enough laws and legislations that make child labour illegal. Even then minor children form the major part of our nation's work force, especially in industries such as hotels (canteens, roadside dhabas, many medium sized hotels in cities etc), fireworks, tobacco industries etc. What has failed here is the will to put the legislation into action, probably the reason for failure is that many hotels are either owned by or blessed by powerful politicians and also have policemen as their patrons.

The reasons these children end up working is because their parents do not have any kind of certain employment which will guarantee them a certain amount of fixed income every month. For such parents, it also means the more the hands there are to work, the better the money earned and end up giving birth to at least 4-5 children, who lose their childhood and innocence at an early age.

So the bottom line is if child labour needs to be eradicated, there should be proper employment provided to the parents!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

there are enough laws for many things in the constituation especially for child labor but where it is lacking is following the laws is lacking. if they follow perfectly then there will be no child labor at all.
But we cannot abolish child labor in a night. It needs lot of service and hard work then only we can

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

The laws in force are not at all followed up.Now I think the best way to eradicate this curse is strict punishment.Poverty being one of the reason it may be given relief in genuine cases.

correct..strict punishment for the defaulters will be the key for the eradication of child labor.but relief should never be given.
if relief is ever given in any circumstances even the real culprits will find a way to prove that they are poor and poverty is the cause.
I agree with what Gulshan has said, there are enough laws and legislations that make child labour illegal. Even then minor children form the major part of our nation's work force, especially in industries such as hotels (canteens, roadside dhabas, many medium sized hotels in cities etc), fireworks, tobacco industries etc. What has failed here is the will to put the legislation into action, probably the reason for failure is that many hotels are either owned by or blessed by powerful politicians and also have policemen as their patrons.

The reasons these children end up working is because their parents do not have any kind of certain employment which will guarantee them a certain amount of fixed income every month. For such parents, it also means the more the hands there are to work, the better the money earned and end up giving birth to at least 4-5 children, who lose their childhood and innocence at an early age.

So the bottom line is if child labour needs to be eradicated, there should be proper employment provided to the parents!

there are enough employment schemes too.......providing proper employment to the parents does not guarantee the eradication of this menace.we should aim at giving the parents proper education.no educated parent will ever send his/her child to do forced labour. hence the problem prevailing in the country is the lack of education among parents.

making the uneducated parents realize the folly of sending their child to forced labour will go a long way in solving this problem.i would like to quote here that the state with highest literacy in India- kerala, has the least number of cases in child labour.those reported have been children from other states of India where literacy has been a joke.

more and more NGOs should take up the job of making the parents understand this problem.education can change the world...has changed the world ......and will change the world.....
I don't really think it is practical for children at school level to earn while they learn because the emphasis would then automatically be on how much money they can make and education will become secondary. It would be better if such vocational courses with a stipend for the parents in economically weaker sections is given.Such programmes are available but the question again is same...who will enforce this??? It is we the people, the like minded ones, who have to take the responsibility of educating people and spreading general awareness in our vicinity.
In addition to what I have stated, there is need to raise a mass campaign against child labor. The people in general should be motivated to boycott shops, repair shops, restaurants where children are employed. Needless to say that most of law is not implemented because of corruption and public indifference. Corruption may not be removed easily but it will be easier to create public opinion and mass campaign which will go a long way in prevention of child labor and promotion of education.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan ji it is not possible.It can be possible only when the children parents must change first.

They must think about the childrens future.Then there wont be any child labour.

Our government must have strict rules against childlabour.
1.It must be cruel of Having penalty in lakhs.
2.It must no cease.If it is done they will open another shop in another place.Then same problem repeat.
3.The media must take an active part on it.
4.People must cooperate to government and Media.It will make easy to eradicate child labour.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Gulshan ji it is not possible.It can be possible only when the children parents must change first.

They must think about the childrens future.Then there wont be any child labour.

Our government must have strict rules against childlabour.
1.It must be cruel of Having penalty in lakhs.
2.It must no cease.If it is done they will open another shop in another place.Then same problem repeat.
3.The media must take an active part on it.
4.People must cooperate to government and Media.It will make easy to eradicate child labour.

Mass awareness campaign will change the mindset of parents as well as user of services of establishments where children are employed. The mass campaign is necessary to bring an awareness among all. This will also compel the Labor department to be more vigilant in enforcing law on employing children in factories, shops and establishments.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshanji,

In response to your reply above I remember a movement by a local body three years ago.In a panchayath in Wayanad District of Kerala all the shop keepers were decided not to take children undr 18 as their salesmen.They exhibitted a board regarding this in front of every shop.I don't know the condition now.Still it was a good movement.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
But still it is continuing or not in kerala.If it is working there our government must look at their government once.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.