The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
But the society is still looking them in suspecian.THey think that it will catch them also by sitting or talking with them.A one year back issue in Kerala school indicate it.So we have to tell the society that they are also humans.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
All patients whatever the disease need sympathy. Quarantine is prescribed only for diseases that spread by touch or communication. aids is not such disease. Hence there is no need to remain aloof from AIDS or HIV positive patients.

HIV positive patients need care and love. But they must not be made sex partners. This will expose you to AIDS

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The person needs to take care about his physical relations with Aids protected people.We should co operate with them by making them feel that they are not apart from us.
Sumit, I just looked at your posts and can see that two of your three posts are copied word to word from Yahoo answers! The discussion here is all about sharing your own ideas, searching for more information is desirable but you cannot simply paste it here straight away. This is plagiarism. I request you to stop doing this immediately.

Abid, I hope you have noted this!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]And yes Devyani is right there are many people who suffer from this disease and we may not even know when we see them. Actually I heard of 2 cases where it was found that Gol-Gappa or puchka wala or pani-puri wala by whatever name you know him, this guy was suffering from aids and had a cut in his fingers and that day he served people with puchkas and a girl got infected with it.This is a real case. The same incident happened with sev-puri wala .This happened to a girl from a nearby college so I know it is for real.

Thus infection can spread like this and this is so scary .May be that is why people are afraid of contracting this disease,this fear has gripped doctors and we can't blame them as they are humans too who however knowledgible cannot avoid certain fears. [/quote]

Devyani, this story and similar others like the boy who caught HIV from a fruit vendor has been circulating for years, but there is ABSOLUTELY NO TRUTH in them because the fact is that HIV virus cannot remain alive outside the host body, that is human body.

I posting a link here for you all:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/pineapple.asp

Whatever stories you may read or hear are not true. HIV is strictly transmitted due to contact with HIV-infected blood, semen, vaginal fluid, breast milk, saliva, tears etc. and not necessarily by all of these.

I request you all again to read the information in the link that I posted carefully. Sharing such untrue stories only adds to further estranging of patients who do suffer from HIV.

Anyway, coming back to the topic of the discussion,

My view is that HIV or not, these people are still humans and they need the same kind of attention, love and caring as do the others. Also since HIV is not at all contagious disease, there is no need to separate them from normal society. It is only communicable via intimate contact and if proper care is taken, there is no danger of any kind to normal people around them.

Another point to note is the lack of awareness about the disease. Many people still feel that HIV is caused due the misdeeds they have committed and God has punished them for it, so it is only proper that they be ostracized, which is not at all true, nor a humane thing. There should be proper education given to all, causes of HIV, how it is transmitted, methods to practice safe sex etc. Also since, sex is still a taboo subject, people are ashamed of their condition. Proper education and acceptance only can change this way of thinking.

The acquired immune deficiency syndrome or AIDS makes one vulnerable to many diseases. The body loses immunity so that diseases are not easily curable. There is not satisfactory treatment against the disease. So prevention is the best remedy.

It can be spread by sex and blood transfusion. This can also be transmitted by breast feeding. So, there should be caution in sex and blood transfusion. The disease is not passed on just by touch and coming near. The HIV affected patients can live a normal life. So, there should be no segregation of these persons. They should be given proper respect, affection and love.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]The acquired immune deficiency syndrome or AIDS makes one vulnerable to many diseases. The body loses immunity so that diseases are not easily curable. There is not satisfactory treatment against the disease. So prevention is the best remedy.

It can be spread by sex and blood transfusion. This can also be transmitted by breast feeding. So, there should be caution in sex and blood transfusion. The disease is not passed on just by touch and coming near. The HIV affected patients can live a normal life. So, there should be no segregation of these persons. They should be given proper respect, affection and love. [/quote]

I agree! Turning those patients away from the society will only worsen their health further as well make them depressed emotionally.

How come no one is interested in such a sensitive issue??

Anyway, this was buried among other threads so just thought of reviving it in case any member who has missed this would want to participate.

I just saw this group discussion has been going on for last 4 days and I didn't notice.

Coming to the topic, I feel, like most of the other members, that HIV positive and AIDS patients should not be isolated as it is transmitted though body fluids. It is neither an air borne or water borne disease nor is it spread though vectors( insects which carry the pathogens as in malaria, dengue etc).Such patients need compassion as they are already going through the trauma of having the disease. I would also like to state that being HIV positive does not necessarily mean that the individual has AIDS and it usually takes a long time to terminate into AIDS. Now a days good treatment is available which is often advertised in the media and this helps the HIV positive people to lead a long and happy life. The patients need to be counselled and properly guided regarding these issues .

There is a general phobia of the unknown and ignorance leads to unnecessary worries and complications therefore it is essential to be aware of how AIDS is actually spread and take precautions accordingly instead of isolating people who are in need of sympathy and understanding.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.