The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]I just saw this group discussion has been going on for last 4 days and I didn't notice.

Coming to the topic, I feel, like most of the other members, that HIV positive and AIDS patients should not be isolated as it is transmitted though body fluids. It is neither an air borne or water borne disease nor is it spread though vectors( insects which carry the pathogens as in malaria, dengue etc).Such patients need compassion as they are already going through the trauma of having the disease. I would also like to state that being HIV positive does not necessarily mean that the individual has AIDS and it usually takes a long time to terminate into AIDS. Now a days good treatment is available which is often advertised in the media and this helps the HIV positive people to lead a long and happy life. The patients need to be counselled and properly guided regarding these issues .

There is a general phobia of the unknown and ignorance leads to unnecessary worries and complications therefore it is essential to be aware of how AIDS is actually spread and take precautions accordingly instead of isolating people who are in need of sympathy and understanding. [/quote]

Lopamudra, your reasoning is very good and logical. It is a fact that whatever is lesser known or unknown becomes a matter of fear, and more so when the subject is related to something that is a taboo.

It normally takes the dormant HIV virus to turn into AIDS a good 8-10 years in case of a normally healthy person. As soon as HIV is detected if the person takes complete measures to strengthen his immune system with proper foods, medications, exercise etc. it may not even turn to final AIDS stage.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Sasikanth
I completely agree with you Kalyani. It is disheartening to see how false information and rumours spread regarding these serious issues and many end up believing them without verifying from genuine sources. Even schools have been reported of denying admission to HIV positive children when they should be the ones teaching true facts , showing the right path and providing the correct information regarding these issues to the society.
The topic is about social contact with an AIDS patient. Our discussion should be limited to this only. It is seen that the disease can be prevented by avoiding sex with such patients. also wen necessary, blood should be obtained only from safe sources like blood banks so as to ensure that blood donor is not HIV affected or an AIDS patient.

The major reason for avoiding AIDS patients is that this disease carries a stigma on patients's moral character. Otherwise, there is no harm in mixing with the patient in normal course. We should let the AIDS patients live normally and avoid only sex contact with them. We should see that injection needles are always new and not used.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]The topic is about social contact with an AIDS patient. Our discussion should be limited to this only. It is seen that the disease can be prevented by avoiding sex with such patients. also wen necessary, blood should be obtained only from safe sources like blood banks so as to ensure that blood donor is not HIV affected or an AIDS patient.

The major reason for avoiding AIDS patients is that this disease carries a stigma on patients's moral character. Otherwise, there is no harm in mixing with the patient in normal course. We should let the AIDS patients live normally and avoid only sex contact with them. We should see that injection needles are always new and not used. [/quote]

True Gulshan, but the awareness of the disease, or rather lack of it, is the major reason behind trying to ostracize the patients of HIV. It is because of insufficient knowledge about the disease that people turn HIV HIV patients away. Many cases have been reported where in doctors from government hospitals have refused to treat HIV patients. This just makes it even more obvious that creating awareness about the disease, its causes, treatment etc. is the need of the hour. Only then will people become ready to accept the patients as easily as they accept others!

[quote]I completely agree with you Kalyani. It is disheartening to see how false information and rumours spread regarding these serious issues and many end up believing them without verifying from genuine sources. Even schools have been reported of denying admission to HIV positive children when they should be the ones teaching true facts , showing the right path and providing the correct information regarding these issues to the society. [/quote]

Yes Lopamudra, if you read the earlier posts in this very discussion, you will see the kind of rumors that have been circulating on the internet for years. One of them, regarding the fruit vendor, I remember seeing it in a mail almost 5 years back! People still believe that, can you believe it? I did post a link refuting such rumors to an article on Snopes.com, but unfortunately, no one has bothered to read it so far! :( :( :(

Kalyani mam that i saw the same stories in snopes site.

They are having same story with different sellers.

But as a junior member i did not thought to tell this you.

so i became silent.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

AIDS is a kind of disease,which we really need to take care. It is spreading from one person to another person very rapidly. According to me,yes,we need to keep away from the normal society. This disease is spreading very rapidly because of many reasons. The people who are aleady affected don't take care. They don't want to improve. Either they are not aware,that they have already came into this disease or if they are aware they are not taking care,to reduce its affect. It is such a harmful disease,which one once trapped into it,his life gets spoiled. People who are affected from this disease,don't understand that,they should be not stop affecting others,in this way,they could save many people life. As, a human being,i would never believe in partitioning,but to save our life and others life,i would suggest to be far away from AIDS affected people. We says that it neither spread by touching,breathing or kissing,but you what could happen in such type of disease. It is very sure that a normal person ask to live a person who has been affected by AIDS,he won't live.

Want to make each day Accountable

The stigma attached to AIDS actually complicates the issue. It can not be generalised as to what type of people can get the disease. Someone who has had transfusion through infected blood can get it too.Children born to infected parents also can be born HIV positive. Moreover, whatever way the patients may have acquired it, segregating them or making them social outcasts can never be the solution.Children are expelled from school, patients are denied treatment in hospitals.This goes to show how insensitive and intolerant and ill-informed our society actually is.
In My opinion Patients who are suffering from aids or HIV should be treated as a normal one Today medical field are very much sure that they can live a normal life like other They discover a drugs these make it possible for people who are HIV positive to live for years without getting AIDS. They can work or go to school, make friends, hang out, and do most of the things other people can do. They will have to take certain medicines every day and see their doctors pretty often, and they may get sick more than other people do because their immune systems are more fragile.

Even though they may look OK, people who are HIV positive may sometimes feel scared, angry, unhappy, or depressed. They may feel afraid that the people at work or school could find out and start treating them differently. It is important for all of us to remember that usual social contact, like eating lunch or playing games, with people who are HIV positive does not bring any risk of infection.

When HIV infection gets worse or turns into the disease called AIDS, life really changes. The person may need to spend a lot of time in bed or in the hospital because of serious illnesses. He or she may feel very tired or weak most of the time. The person also might lose weight.
I am in favour of a hiv afferted person but they have a right to live in socity You to get Effect by this virus because many people does not know about this
The expansion and improvement of HIV and AIDS education around the world is critical to preventing the spread of HIV. There are an estimated 34 million people living with the virus, and each year millions more people become infected.1 Effective HIV and AIDS education can help prevent new infections by providing people with information about HIV and how it is passed on, and in doing so equip individuals with the knowledge to protect themselves from becoming infected with the virus.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.