The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]
I think not to overprotective for them is ok but these days due to fear for many reasons parents have for girls they are overprotective. There is no doubt women should be respected in any case.They should be free to do things with their own wish nothing should be forced on them to do.Here in INDIA when the girl is at her parent's house his parents decide what she has to do and when she gets married her husband decides for her as if she does not have her own wish.

Today also in city like Delhi where laws and order are better than any city in INDIA when a girl goes out from her house on every crossing she has to face many eyes staring at her and many dirty comments which she just listen and ignores due to fear .My concern is why all this we do to a girl?Is she born to live like this.Why can't we give her the respect she deserves like men in the society.

It is true that due to the fear of such unwanted attention and hideous characters around that makes the parents be more protective of their daughters, but I think empowering the girls by letting them become more confident and helping learn self-defense techniques should be preferred way of choice. Also, the fear of retribution against a woman who dares to oppose any kind of unsolicited attention towards her is a matter of serious conce3rn. Any woman who undergoes some kind of sexual, emotional harassment is the one who is blamed for the mishap and not the one who perpetrated the outrage against her. Often her own parents do not support. These things make her more and repressed and the criminals more bold and they often go scot free without any fear of law and order.[/quote]

I agree that the harassed and victimized woman is blamed more for mishap and not the one who perpetrated the outrage against her. this is owing to double standards of society on chastity for women and men. The society wants every woman to be chaste and there is no such restriction on men. A man does not lose anything if he indulges in relation with any women before or after marriage. But a woman is considered 'spoiled' even if she is slightly suspected of any such relation- voluntary or forced. It is more important to fight against such double standard. Who but women and their organizations can fight against such double moral social standards. If the battle for doing away with double standard on morality and chastity is successfully fought, the injustice against women will end. This will enable women like men to move freely without bothering so much about 'chastity'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

That's what i too see the major problem with the society they point fingure towards a female easily and leave a male for the same thing.Its an irony that if a rape happens to be with a girl them somewhere a girl is also blammed for it why she was out of home in the night or why she wore that type of clothes which just motivated a culprit.This is all non sense.Is it so that girls have to do things as per what others like and they don't like :( .I live in DELHI and i do see many time boys just passing filthy taunts to a girl and a girl just keeping her head down and ignoring those bad taunts. :( And when the girl reaches to his house and tell the incident to her family members they too just ignore it and just react as if nothing has happened. :( Why is it so people do that? Is a girl born to bear all this?Or do we may such a mentality that we can do any thing with them and can escape?I think our law has to do something for it and should be more strict for the people who do this so that people may think twice to do anything like this. :)
That's what i too see the major problem with the society they point fingure towards a female easily and leave a male for the same thing.Its an irony that if a rape happens to be with a girl them somewhere a girl is also blammed for it why she was out of home in the night or why she wore that type of clothes which just motivated a culprit.This is all non sense.Is it so that girls have to do things as per what others like and they don't like :( .I live in DELHI and i do see many time boys just passing filthy taunts to a girl and a girl just keeping her head down and ignoring those bad taunts. :( And when the girl reaches to his house and tell the incident to her family members they too just ignore it and just react as if nothing has happened. :( Why is it so people do that? Is a girl born to bear all this?Or do we may such a mentality that we can do any thing with them and can escape?I think our law has to do something for it and should be more strict for the people who do this so that people may think twice to do anything like this. :)

The glaring fact is that woman is victimized by double standard of society in matter of morality, chastity etc. It can also be well understood that it is women as a class, who suffer. Hence, it is women who need to fight for removing double social standard. If women bodies take lead, just minded men will also actively support. Hopelessly, now the stress is only on making law against rape, eve teasing etc more strict. There is no emphasis on changing the social mind set. We need a mental revolution that only women bodies can bring about. One way is that they should collectively tease and humiliate the men who live in immorality. The women need be more aggressive for their right to equal treatment in all matters. There is no reason why there be different yardstick for men and women on matter like sex, drink, smoking, dress etc.

All OK.But why women does not respond to the over exploitation of them by media?Don't you see in advertisements for men , women are coming!In bike advertisement women are used to gather attention.Don't it make a non sense?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
All OK.But why women does not respond to the over exploitation of them by media?Don't you see in advertisements for men , women are coming!In bike advertisement women are used to gather attention.Don't it make a non sense?

There is another aspect of women exploitation. The women in modelling industry consider this as an opportunity for making money least considering overall impact on status of women in general. This sort of women modelling will continue as long as males dominate economically. These advertisements are for attracting men. However, when women become more economically dominant and consumer, males may have to model to satisfy the female consumers.

There is another aspect of women exploitation. The women in modelling industry consider this as an opportunity for making money least considering overall impact on status of women in general. This sort of women modelling will continue as long as males dominate economically. These advertisements are for attracting men. However, when women become more economically dominant and consumer, males may have to model to satisfy the female consumers.

right Gulshanji...But in saree advertisements ladies are there.If it is Dhothi's advertisement there also ladies!!!

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
[quote]Abid Areacode wrote:

There is another aspect of women exploitation. The women in modelling industry consider this as an opportunity for making money least considering overall impact on status of women in general. This sort of women modelling will continue as long as males dominate economically. These advertisements are for attracting men. However, when women become more economically dominant and consumer, males may have to model to satisfy the female consumers. [/quote]

That's another very important aspect Abid! But like Gulshan has explained so clearly, it is all about the economics of the industry that is completely dominated by male population. Women, as long as they are seen as a commodity for selling any types of goods, such advertisements will be the norm of the day.
Right now, the consumer market is totally dominated by males, even though now most women are educated and financially independent, the decisions about spending money on buying household necessities are still controlled by men, so most ads are targeted towards making them appealing for men, not women!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

right Gulshanji...But in saree advertisements ladies are there.If it is Dhothi's advertisement there also ladies!!!

Hi Abid i don't see it anything bad with it.Those girls who do modelling for the ads of bike is by their choice there is no compulsion and for that they are paid for too.

Exploitation is when they are forced to do something against their wish. :)
Absolutely, that is one funny side of the market. This makes no sense while we see an advert of innerwear for men, carried, out by female in most ridiculous way. I am sure it would be the result if they used male models for displaying ladies garment’s adverts done by their male counterparts.
I do not understand the reason, there is no sense at all and this is high time they knew better than that and knew the right kind of strategy for marketing. Women certainly are not an ‘item’, which should be used to show an advert of male shoes in different fancy ways. Her dignity is more important than what we see in today's media world. This is really so embarrassing to view some adverts while sitting with family members.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Absolutely, that is one funny side of the market. This makes no sense while we see an advert of innerwear for men, carried, out by female in most ridiculous way. I am sure it would be the result if they used male models for displaying ladies garment’s adverts done by their male counterparts.
I do not understand the reason, there is no sense at all and this is high time they knew better than that and knew the right kind of strategy for marketing. Women certainly are not an ‘item’, which should be used to show an advert of male shoes in different fancy ways. Her dignity is more important than what we see in today's media world. This is really so embarrassing to view some adverts while sitting with family members.

No doubt if we see the ad of men's undrewear on TV with family is embarasing when girls giggling seeing a men wearing it but as you said its part of advertising startegy. :) And i think its not an issue as far as girls with their own wish do it and are paid for it.There are certainly many things which even men do which they should not do but actually do for money to live. :)

I don't feel anything wrong with it what's wrong is that censor board to be alert enough to censor those things which they know are vulgar and should not be shown on national telecast. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.