The topic is locked.

Can you call someone a "Proficient writer" just in his/her few post? Or will you give him/her enough time to prove himself to be called as "Proficient writer".

This is what the argument happened with me. I was associated with some other website as a freelance writer. The website selected a person as Proficient Writer" who just joined and not even completed one month to that site. Later it came out that his most of the content was not his own and genuine, still the person enjoying being with that "badge". Interestingly, there were so many better writer than him was ignored!

So, my question is that should admin misuse their power to select someone with such acknowledgment? Yes, there may be some policy but ignoring other members those who were genuine writer was right? 

In an internet world and freelance writer group how could you select someone as "Proficient writer"?

I request an honest response from our members. 

Regards

Jeets

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Proficiency in any field be it in the realm of art or writing or any such creative arts, the key factor or measuring rod is CONSISTENCY. A spark now. a promising note once in a Blue moon cannot Judge one's proficiency

Here I will mention my own experience. I'm a self made artist. People around me used to pat my shoulder for my good work. Of course this has boosted my morale. It took years of hard work to prove my proficiency in my chosen field. Ultimately it was my Art that landed me in a Public sector Steel Pant which is located in Vizag has offered me a post of a Visualizer in the Public relations department. In this process they brushed away my essential criteria for the selection of such a post. Why they waived away all the set norms ? They waived away because the have seen my consistency. They were very much convinced that my art is not Just flash in the pan.

Thank you said by: Jeets

"Proficiency in any field be it in the realm of art or writing or any such creative arts, the key factor or measuring rod is CONSISTENCY. A spark now. a promising note once in a Blue moon cannot Judge one's proficiency"

I truly agreed with you. For me writing is an "art", just showing off the vocabulary power and big big words is not writing. One should talk to their readers, one should show his/her emotions and touch one's heart with their writing. And these all takes long time to get acknowledge in a group of good writers.  

Regards

Jeets

Thank you said by: rambabu

I'm in total agreement with you.

Can you call someone a "Proficient writer" just in his/her few post? Or will you give him/her enough time to prove himself to be called as "Proficient writer".

This is what the argument happened with me. I was associated with some other website as a freelance writer. The website selected a person as Proficient Writer" who just joined and not even completed one month to that site. Later it came out that his most of the content was not his own and genuine, still the person enjoying being with that "badge". Interestingly, there were so many better writer than him was ignored!

So, my question is that should admin misuse their power to select someone with such acknowledgment? Yes, there may be some policy but ignoring other members those who were genuine writer was right? 

In an internet world and freelance writer group how could you select someone as "Proficient writer"?

When a site awards , it is based on what the members have uploaded on the site ...I agree with you that there are many members who either copy paste or make clever copies of online contents rather than write on their own and become better at writing ...these days there are many software through which a copied content can be detected but I doubt if a clever copy can be detected ? However, it is the responsibility of both the administrator and the members to keep the site free of copied content . When I started writing in 2005 to a British article writing site I realised how raw and inexperienced I was and it was with the help of many members and very helpful moderators that I learnt to write according to the required guidelines ..Some people may think they are great writers but having read some of the articles on International sites, I feel that I have a long way to go ... The more willing you are to learn and be humble , the better it is to develop and fine tune your writing skills..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Jeets

Proficiency is something that needs constant cultivation. It may be any field. To acquire proficiency you need three" D" factors Devotion. Dedication and Determination..

usha manohar wrote:

When a site awards , it is based on what the members have uploaded on the site ...I agree with you that there are many members who either copy paste or make clever copies of online contents rather than write on their own and become better at writing ...these days there are many software through which a copied content can be detected but I doubt if a clever copy can be detected ? However, it is the responsibility of both the administrator and the members to keep the site free of copied content . When I started writing in 2005 to a British article writing site I realised how raw and inexperienced I was and it was with the help of many members and very helpful moderators that I learnt to write according to the required guidelines ..Some people may think they are great writers but having read some of the articles on International sites, I feel that I have a long way to go ... The more willing you are to learn and be humble , the better it is to develop and fine tune your writing skills..

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and I too believe the same. I am in writing world since 2012 and I know my limitations. I just try to be simple and genuine and I know I have long-long way to go. In fact I am still a learner and so much have to learn from you people. 

Regards

Jeets

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Yes. That's the point. Learning is not one day affair. Learning starts from the cradle and goes until the grave yard. Work ...Work.. and Work alone will lead to excellence. There are no short cuts.

Jeets wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and I too believe the same. I am in writing world since 2012 and I know my limitations. I just try to be simple and genuine and I know I have long-long way to go. In fact I am still a learner and so much have to learn from you people. 

I guess it is best to be simple and write from the heart rather than write in flowery language that you cannot handle after a while...We all are learners and with each article we write we learn something new..The truly great writers never say they are great etc etc ...I like to read up articles written by British writers since their writing style and language is immaculate...They have a great command over the language besides being very correct in grammar and structure and that's where most of us Indian writers fall short !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Humility and the feeling that what they achieved is small and what they have to achieve is big will make one gain proficiency.

A writer is expected to be original. Copying and pasting will not contribute to Proficiency. Yes it contributes to Plagiarism.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.