There are a few books that are beyond the reach of Indian readers because they have been banned for various reasons. The authors include V.S Naipaul, Salman Rushdie , Taslima Nasreen and Jaswant Singh among others ..

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/find-out-8-books-you-cannot-read-in-india/1/534187.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

So, the banning process started by the  Congress regime, when Rajiv was the PM. Thereafter Books like Satanic Verses, The Hindus, The heart of India, An era of Darkness, Jinnah's India-Partition-Independence etc were banned in India.

Do the people lack the courage to face stark realities ?

True but I have read at least two books one by Taslima and the other by Salman. Both these books are available at higher price though.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Almost all the Books in the list are available as pirated Books. May be with printing mistakes.

rambabu wrote:

Almost all the Books in the list are available as pirated Books. May be with printing mistakes.

Have you seen the pirated copies of these books anywhere ? If so please let me know where , because I have not seen any of them although I have Satanic Verses which I bought abroad and without realising it was banned packed into my suitcase..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes. When I was in Hyderabad, I bought Satanic verses in the old market behind Charminar, known as Chandni Chowk. Since then , after I became a member in a library in Vizag, I stopped buying Books. Even there I found many of Jeffrey Archer's books loaded with spelling mistakes, clearly saying that they are Pirated Books.

But Jefferey Archers books are not banned and almost all books are available in piurated versions except these , I was asking about the books on the list , since you said they were all available ..

As I said, after Satanic verses, I stopped buying Books. About the other Books given in the list, I do not have an idea.

rambabu wrote:

As I said, after Satanic verses, I stopped buying Books. About the other Books given in the list, I do not have an idea.

Thats what you wrote in your post...

That's what my Chief Librarian in Vizag said. He's placing the order for new Books and he is in a better position to tell about the pirated books. During a conversation, when I pointed out the printing mistakes, he said so.

You are saying something else altogether now, anyway please be accurate when you post and dont say things about which you have no first hand knowledge since it is highly confusing and not the first time such a thing has happened either !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.