Many of us take the capsules prescribed by doctors to cure disease. But many of us are not familiar about of which substance or material the cover of the capsule is made up of. It is made up of Gelatin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsule_(pharmacy)

http://rajivdixitji.com/how-capsules-and-tablests-are-made/

http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The cover used for Capsules prescribed by the Doctors are made of material that cannot melt once it goes in to your stomach. Because, the cover is not made with plastic but with Gelatin which remains undissolved for 400 years or even more.

Rambabu you have clearly not understood the write up in Hindi. Gelatin dissolves and plastic does not. However in the stomach juices most of plastics wil also dissolve. The persons who do not want to take gelatin can acid taking it. Why make an issue?

vijay wrote:

Rambabu you have clearly not understood the write up in Hindi. Gelatin dissolves and plastic does not. However in the stomach juices most of plastics wil also dissolve. The persons who do not want to take gelatin can acid taking it. Why make an issue?

I didn't make an issue. The thread poster says that the cover looks like plastic . Hence the capsule contains products made of   meat of different animals,

I think that person who read this fact, never stop using capsules. I read it first time that cover of capsules made of animal organ. Earlier I know that it is made of any edible starch.

anil wrote:

I think that person who read this fact, never stop using capsules. I read it first time that cover of capsules made of animal organ. Earlier I know that it is made of any edible starch.

Yes I too was astonished. But if you go through the link article, you can realize that these capsules use of animal organs.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Yes I too was astonished. But if you go through the link article, you can realize that these capsules use of animal organs.

Yes I read it but what can be do, we can't stop using of capsules and film coated tablets. Manufactures of Auyrvedic medicines also using capsules.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Yes I read it but what can be do, we can't stop using of capsules and film coated tablets. Manufactures of Auyrvedic medicines also using capsules.

If that's the case, one should avoid such Ayurvedic capsules.

The discussion here about giving information about capsules and what they are made of, not whether they are good or bad. we cannot do away without medication and capsules so no point in debating ..I doubt if anyone can do away with tablets and capsules even if they want to since we are bound to fall sick, catch infections, become old and infirm 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If one can tolerate the bitter taste one can break the capsule and take its contents.

vijay wrote:

If one can tolerate the bitter taste one can break the capsule and take its contents.

it is very hard to take contents, these are enough bitter and person may be vomiting.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.