Hi All, what would you prefer an arranged marriage or a love marriage. For those who are already married which one do you think is the best and the reasons for that? Pour in your thoughts 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There is no need to encourage love marriages. Just don't discourage these and also try to support or protect the prospective groom and bride from repercussions if any. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is all a matter of individual choices. A person cannot be forced to fall in love with another person just like that, it happens and should happen naturally. I had an arranged marriage but if I had fallen in love with someone, I would have gone for the love marriage, but fact is, I did not. So it depends from person to person.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Mine is a marriage that comes under none of these. We knew each other before marriage but it does not mean we were dating or anything. I asked my mother to approach her family and all was settled in first meeting. Now what would you call that? I think it is a personal choice that has no Best, better, good or bad in that. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

My marriage was an arranged Marriage.  Marriage of my two daughters and my son  are Love marriages and inter caste marriages too. All 0f them are doing well without any hassles. Hence what I feel is both arranged marriage and Love marriage can work. Nothing can be generalized.specifically that only a particular kind of marriage will work or doesn't work.

It is left to the individuals concerned...there are positive and negative points in both arranged and love marriages ! Marriages can and do fail in both situations .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

suni51 wrote:

Mine is a marriage that comes under none of these. We knew each other before marriage but it does not mean we were dating or anything. I asked my mother to approach her family and all was settled in first meeting. Now what would you call that? I think it is a personal choice that has no Best, better, good or bad in that. 

Best one, any marriage with consent of parents is best one. Marriage not only relation of boy and girl, it is relation between two families. I am against marriage which is without consent of parents.

It all depends on individual choice. Both love and arrange marriage go well if couple understand and love each other. Mine is love marriage and have been doing really good. 

Arranged marriages take place only in India, Pakistan and Middle East where mingling of sexes is not allowed or frowned upon. It is a outdated practice and on my visits to the west and Russia have not seen it. It needs to be discarded as arrranged marriages have lots of ills like dowry etc.

In my community, nowadays arranged love marriages are taking place. Twice a year all the interested eligible boys and girls frm the community gather together and meet. Last May there was one such occasion and apparently there were more than 200 eligibles from both genders and as many as 34 pairs were formed..it gives the freedom to choose and opportunity for the parents to evaluate etc etc and as long as it works , why not?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I haven't married yet but I would like to go for a love marriage because I think love marriage will be easier for the couple to spend their whole life together whereas about arrange marriage it will be too complicated for the couple to understand each other feelings and thinking. 

sdfafa

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.