Dr. Pratap Kumar Sarma, an Assam based veterinary Surgeon,changed the lives of thousands of Rickshaw Pullers, by starting a unique Bank Known as " Rickshaw Bank."

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-05-02/news/31538555_1_pullers-cycle-rickshaw-million-rickshaws

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This is a good idea but a man propelling a vehicle with his legs is an antiquated form of transport and speaks poorly of India. When will our economy improve so that Rickshaws become redundant? perhaps never !

MG Singh wrote:

This is a good idea but a man propelling a vehicle with his legs is an antiquated form of transport and speaks poorly of India. When will our economy improve so that Rickshaws become redundant? perhaps never !

I agree with you. Pradeep Kumar's idea is to bring a change in the lives of many Rickshaw Pullers. The first step in this direction is a Rickshaw Puller has to  own a Rickshaw of his own. This, he could achieve. Next step is making solar powered Rickshaws and and E- Rickshaws. And, Pradeep is busy with these New genre of Rickshaws and are expected soon.

rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

I agree with you. Pradeep Kumar's idea is to bring a change in the lives of many Rickshaw Pullers. The first step in this direction is a Rickshaw Puller has to  own a Rickshaw of his own. This, he could achieve. Next step is making solar powered Rickshaws and and E- Rickshaws. And, Pradeep is busy with these New genre of Rickshaws and are expected soon.

In my global travels USA, Russia, Europe, UAE and  Japan etc I have not seen cycle rikshaw anywhere except in poor countries like India and Pakistan. We HAVE To do away with this form of transport, if India is to move forward. I feel sad that only in the sub-continent this form of conveyence is allowed. Why in my last visit to Calcutta ( last month) even the man rikhshaw *(  man pulling a rickshaw) is there.So sad !!

We think of improving a Rickshaw, why not think of removing it all together?

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

In my global travels USA, Russia, Europe, UAE and  Japan etc I have not seen cycle rikshaw anywhere except in poor countries like India and Pakistan. We HAVE To do away with this form of transport, if India is to move forward. I feel sad that only in the sub-continent this form of conveyence is allowed. Why in my last visit to Calcutta ( last month) even the man rikhshaw *(  man pulling a rickshaw) is there.So sad !!

We should not forget that despite Autos, Manual and Cycle Rickshaas are the cheapest mode of transportation.I dont think Rickshaws will be removed. They will remain.

rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

We should not forget that despite Autos, Manual and Cycle Rickshaas are the cheapest mode of transportation.I dont think Rickshaws will be removed. They will remain.

In my city Rickshaw is not cheapest mode of transportation. Here diseal auto is working and these are cheap that rickshaws.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

In my city Rickshaw is not cheapest mode of transportation. Here diseal auto is working and these are cheap that rickshaws.

Diesel auto is a good option

MG Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

Diesel auto is a good option

As I said earlier, Pradeep , the man behind this project is examining several options to make Rickshaw pullers life easy . At the same time ensuring a steady income

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.