Hi all,

We are from different parts of India. Some may be settled outside as well but I assume you are Indians by heart :)

Just creating a post here to know from which place you belong and what you feel is the best thing about your state. Just trying to bring out the diversity of the country here.

Thanks to @RamBabu and @Kalyani for the idea :)

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

You are welcome Divya and it is a really good idea! blush.png Why don't you start first with your own state? That way, we will know exactly how and what we should post as there are so many things that one can think of relation to your state!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I was born and brought up in Delhi, now settled in Chennai and I am a native of Kerala.

What is love about Kerala is the greenery, pollution free air and the traditional customs being it dance forms or temple rituals.

About Delhi, I love the diversity and the fast pace of life. It is a confluence of people from the whole country and I feel you get a see a bit India in all places and people in Delhi. You get to learn a lot about other people, their cultures and customs. I also love the North Indian food very much. Delhi is also home to a lot of historical places like Qutab Minar, Raj Ghat, Parliament House etc, India Gate etc

About chennai - i like the beach the most. Having been brought up in Delhi i have not seen much of water :P but here in chennai there are so many beaches (irrespective of the cleanliness) i just love them 

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

You are welcome Divya and it is a really good idea! blush.png Why don't you start first with your own state? That way, we will know exactly how and what we should post as there are so many things that one can think of relation to your state!

I just did kalyani.... though there are no hard and fast rules on what to write,,,,I just penned down what came to my mind first. I dont like thinking too much when i write :P

Waiting for replies from you and all others. :)

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Nice one Divya, you put your thoughts together very well. :)

As for me, I was just born in Assam but I am from Maharashtra, educated  and brought up in Pune and still living in Pune. I guess, after living in Pune all your life, it is very difficult to find yourself living anywhere else. Just my thoughts.

As for Maharashtra, it is blessed equally with both mountains and coastal regions with abundant natural beauty. The climate is lovely and pleasant all year around. We are also blessed with more than 300 forts which are the witness to the past glory and valour of our ancients. There is a beautiful confluence of Maratha, Moghul architecture and cuisine that you can see everywhere.  There is also a vast diversity in the way foods are prepared. Although my favorite dish that Maharashtra is famous for is the puran poli. :) This is all I could think of for now.

Thank you said by: Divya

Born and brought up in AP, . The best part of AP is , its both an Industrial Hub as well as a Scenic beauty. It's famous for well known pilgrimages like Tirupatiand Mangala giri. Above all the main attraction AP  is Tourist haven .

Being Bengali I was born and brought up in Bihar. Spent precious days of my life in Patna (capital of Bihar) : my childhood, schooling, college, university and job too. Thirty years of my life spent in a simple city with simple people around and life was very easy going. Patna was not the best city to live in still life was hassle free just because of its simplicity. 

Later, got married to a Kolkata man and my base shifted to Kolkata. It is certainly not a very clean city but is full of life. Culturally always at peak but I would say people of Patna in those days when I lived there were quite simple and easy going which is not the case in Kolkata but that does not mean everyone living there is complicated. Festive season such as Durga Puja, Kali Puja and other festivals make Kolkata worth staying, eating sweets and having Bengali cuisine is another attraction point. Stayed only five years there and got shifted to Delhi due to my husband's posting although I visit it whenever possible because my family, relatives and friends are all there. 

For the last 13 years I am in Delhi and as it is a national capital, facilities are numerous but I would say life is not that sweet. Comfort level is not a problem here but road rage and rudeness are a matter of concern. A city which has a long history behind it experiences an extreme summer as well as winter. It's in a hurry and numerous places are here to visit but I would say people are of mixed kind. Some are warm and helping while some simply loves to frown and ignore.

It's a wonderful experience to be in an ordinary city then in a metro and now in the national capital. 

shampasaid

I live in Mumbai, Maharashtra, stayed all my life here. Kalyani described very well about Maharashtra so nothing much for me to say. But there is lot to talk about Mumbai.

I like to be in Mumbai since I grew up here. The thing I like about Mumbai is diversity of people, u will find people from all around India. Hence we are able to speak pretty much most of the languages - Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Marwadi, and urdu to some extend. However it is still difficult to understand tamil and kannada language. 

The street food in Mumbai is very tasty as well. People here love 'Vada Pav, Pani Puri, Sev Puri,' etc... Even there are variety of restuarants here for different culture oriented people. 

The other thing I like being in Mumbai is fast life, People are always doing some or the other work, most of the people are busy here, however during longweekends we like to pass the time out of the city

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Actually my parents are from Allahabad but for the work they came here and settle here from 1972, so I was born here in West Bengal, so as a non-bengali, I really enjoy the accompany of my friends, who are bengali, here people, actually are very sweet and know the real meaning of friendship, here sweets are very famous in all over India and especially the ROSGOLA.

sdfafa

Bajirao wrote:

I live in Mumbai, Maharashtra, stayed all my life here. Kalyani described very well about Maharashtra so nothing much for me to say. But there is lot to talk about Mumbai.

I like to be in Mumbai since I grew up here. The thing I like about Mumbai is diversity of people, u will find people from all around India. Hence we are able to speak pretty much most of the languages - Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Marwadi, and urdu to some extend. However it is still difficult to understand tamil and kannada language. 

The street food in Mumbai is very tasty as well. People here love 'Vada Pav, Pani Puri, Sev Puri,' etc... Even there are variety of restuarants here for different culture oriented people. 

The other thing I like being in Mumbai is fast life, People are always doing some or the other work, most of the people are busy here, however during longweekends we like to pass the time out of the city

Mumbai is one of the best cities in the world, :) of course, next to only Pune bowtie.png But I love Mumbai and we often visit every few months to visit the art galleries and the Prince of Wales Museum. But besides the fast life, shopping experiences, food etc. Mumbai has a unique character of its own which I have not found in most other cities. In spite of what is said about people of Mumbai being too selfish, not stopping to help others, I have actually found them more helping and considerate of others. Although I would not like to live in Mumbai, I still love the city. Where in Mumbai do you live?

I come from Mangalore, Karnataka. Here I must mention that South Kanara district of which Mangalore is the capital has a unique culture and traditions. The languages spoken are different. Whereas Kannada is spoken all over the state, in South Kanara majority of the people speak Tulu and Konkani. Several of the major banks of India have their roots in this district. Manipal is a well known educational center where you find students from all over the world. South Kanara has some of the best Engineering, Medical and Dental colleges and has always had the distinction of standing first where school level and college level education is concerned. Food is another speciality, udipi hotels  and Mangalorean sea food is well known all over the country.

Karnataka is blessed with an abundance of natural beauty like the Western Ghats and heritage sites like Hampi, Belur and Halebid , Shravanabelgola . We have attractive coastal areas like Someshwar, Udipi, Gokarna and Karwar. Bangalore, the capital city is internationally known ..Mysore is another city in Karnataka that has been adjudged the cleanest city in India.

Kodagu or Coorg district is a tourist paradise with rolling hills,  coffee estates and the birth place of river Kaveri. They have their own culture and language. All in all Karnataka is a state that has everything - culture, bio diversity, industries, career opportunities, educational opportunities.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.