Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Politicians always make promises and then backtrack. This is not new but BJP talks with different voices at different places. It looks like it only wants to win elections. YThis is the startling fact. Unfortunately, everything does not happen by the book and 2019 may yet catch the BJP on the wrong foot without a uniform policy.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

The BJP should not be smug. There is a real chance of 2004 repeating itself as History also repeats.Modi must fulfill his promises and not keep talking about beef and Ram temple.

They are really very flexible. They will talk about beef in U.P. but  for them beef is yummy in Kerala and Meghalaya. They will talk of Hindu nationalism in U.P. and other Hindi states  but will ally with separatist , anti national, subversive elements elsewhere.  Rama Temple is an issue in Hindu majority states of North but this is not even a talking point in Tamilnadu and Kerala.  

This makes me wonder whether BJP has any agenda except Beef and Rama Mandir. This is sad

BJP's efforts are not at all streamlined in terms of working towards new goals & hitting limelight for those new goals or performing on such indicators where it is missing its mark.

For suppose the current major points of probable setback for BJP in 2019 are Joblessness of youth & farmer support. What significant & realistic steps & success is being achieved in those arenas? 4 years have passed, but all these years the only focus was foreign inflow & not Indian Countrymen strengthening in terms of jobs, security, domestic firms profitability.

It has been a unilateral direction of the government where there is a lack of harmony between ideas. There is nothing wrong in focusing on foreign inflow, Make in India or any other foreign wooeing of public investment, but the question whether they have atleast worked reasonably whre statistics can show that it has worked towards its Countrymen welfare & progress.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Focusing on foreign inflow, Make in India and all such things create new jobs. But what our youth expects is government jobs for everyone. Do you think any government in the world can create or provide a government job to every jobless? Do you know that most developed countries have very few jobs in government sector but most jobs come from private sector. In fact, government needs to cut existing staff and the existing jobs should go to private sector.

The government sector should have only external and home security and medical services and education services to some extent but all other services should go to private sector. The day, banks, electricity, gas, health, aviation, construction, bridges, roads, rail, transport etc go to private sector the situation of Indian service industry would be altogether different. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

Focusing on foreign inflow, Make in India and all such things create new jobs. But what our youth expects is government jobs for everyone. Do you think any government in the world can create or provide a government job to every jobless? Do you know that most developed countries have very few jobs in government sector but most jobs come from private sector. In fact, government needs to cut existing staff and the existing jobs should go to private sector.

The government sector should have only external and home security and medical services and education services to some extent but all other services should go to private sector. The day, banks, electricity, gas, health, aviation, construction, bridges, roads, rail, transport etc go to private sector the situation of Indian service industry would be altogether different. 

That can be a feasible solution, however the problem with privatisation in India would mean increased and indiscriminate costs in  everthing that has no control at all. It would result in the poor not being able  to afford many things. One example that I know of is the private transport bus service in Mahrashtra. During the yearly holiday season during Diwali and then in summer vacations, private bus operators increase their ticket costs many times over. A ticket which normally costs Rs. 500 is sold for Rs. 2500. There is no control over the prices. Same thing would repeat lelsewhere.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: jabeen
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

That can be a feasible solution, however the problem with privatisation in India would mean increased and indiscriminate costs in  everthing that has no control at all. It would result in the poor not being able  to afford many things. One example that I know of is the private transport bus service in Mahrashtra. During the yearly holiday season during Diwali and then in summer vacations, private bus operators increase their ticket costs many times over. A ticket which normally costs Rs. 500 is sold for Rs. 2500. There is no control over the prices. Same thing would repeat lelsewhere.

Privatization brings competition with it and as soon as service sector will go to private sector things would change entirely. I remember the time  when telecom was under government control it used to take 5-8 years to get a phone. Now you get it as soon as you apply for one. Remember the time when Indian Airlines was the only domestic airlines they behaved like Maharajas and see the difference now. Remember the time when cement was under government control and you would get cement either in black or not as many bags as you needed. There is a long list of services and commodities which were hard to get while under government control are available easily. 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

This debate has no ready answer because privatisation definitely increases efficiency but because of the competition it can be a nuisance at times. Unless there is a regulation laid down by the govt they can o haywire in their pricing depending on the demand. Probably the only good thing Siddaramaiah has done in Karnataka s doing that ...private bus operators cannot ncrease the price by more than a certain limit and if I am not mitaken it is 30 percent from the normal ..

I feel that having a govt stake in major industries help control this to a certain extent. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

As much I know when the services go to the private sector the things improve and people get an efficient and responsible work culture. Look at the difference in private and public sector banks, airlines and telecom sector.

suni51 wrote:

As much I know when the services go to the private sector the things improve and people get an efficient and responsible work culture. Look at the difference in private and public sector banks, airlines and telecom sector.

Yes, privatization does mean increase in efficiency and better service too, however, there must be some kind of rules and regulations in place which will help maintain proper control over prices and also ensure quality of products and services.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I feel that lack of efficiency has largely to do with our policies. In UK and other European countries govt concerns are run.exactly like private sector and anyone can be asked to leave when there is reason to do so, unlike here. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.