The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

As I ve mentioned in the earlier posts, if regulations are followed when celebrating the festivals in public places it will not cause any inconveniences. So let me share about celebrations in Imphal. 

Imphal has people of different religions but is dominated by Hindus. I ve never seen people of other religions taking out processions. For those practising Hinduism, big processions are taken out during three festivals - 1st day of Holi, Rath Yatra and Lai Haraoba. In all these processions, large numbers of people gather but I have never heard of any mishaps taking place because of them. During rath yatra processions, as processions are taken from two important temples police are given duties to see that everything goes smoothly. The other two festivals are organized at locality levels, so there are many volunteers from locality who ensures that traffic is not disturbed and only half of the road is taken.

Religion has become a part and parcel of human life and most democratic nation's across the world have a state religion which is followed by the majority of the population . This does not in any way come in the way of being secular and accepting other religious practices. 

Coming to India's context , it is very disorganized and the politicians keep playing one religion against the other and what better opportunity than festivals especially when two festivals of different religions fall on the same day. West Bengal under the present leader has been a prime example of this , without elaborating !

Once the citizens themselves draw a line as to what is in the best interest of the nation and what is not with regard to religious celebrations , no one can manipulate any religious groups.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

suni51 wrote:

@Anil- Okay I will not compare India with small countries like America, Russia, Canada etc but let me share my experience of China which is bigger than India and has a rich tradition of festivals. By the way, I have never seen a public gathering for any religious purpose during my multiple visits to China.Here is a list of Chinese festivals-

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/holidays/

@Sunil, thanks for sharing list of Chinese festivals. We must be remember that China is not republic like India. China is communist country. Second thing structure of China society and Indian society is differ. We Indian believe that our happiness increase when we share it with other and sorrow lessen if we share it. We Indian like to meet with community peoples on festivals.

@Jabeen. I totally agree with you. If the processions or celebrations are in limited numbers in a year, it is easier to have a peaceful ones with all rules and regulations. There are certain celebrations which are part of our culture and and they can not be stopped or rather should not be stopped. They represent our rich culture. Puri Rath Yatra is one of them and there are others as you have mentioned. In such cases we can use police to take care of safety and to make sure that it goes peacefully. But the problem is that police force can not be employed for every big and small celebrations. SO the number of them have to be limited and they do not have to go all over city or town disrupting everything. They can be assigned a place or route for procession. Such inconvenience can be tolerated a few times in a year but it becomes a nonsense when you encounter it everyday.

Now with this Ganesha festival we will have inconvenience for almost 10 days. Everyday there will be a visarjana and a procession with it blocking the traffic. Can we just have a single day or may be two for visarjana and we can work on the route of it.

Democracy gives us right to celebrate but it comes with social responsibility. Now as per democracy we can have Ganesha beautifully painted and of huge sizes. But are not we using our conscience and going for small size and eco friendly ones. We are also opting for immersion in our home in a bucket. Well I am doing that for last few years. Everything , social and cultural have to adapt to the changing needs of the time. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: arjun sai
jabeen wrote:

As I ve mentioned in the earlier posts, if regulations are followed when celebrating the festivals in public places it will not cause any inconveniences. So let me share about celebrations in Imphal. 

Imphal has people of different religions but is dominated by Hindus. I ve never seen people of other religions taking out processions. For those practising Hinduism, big processions are taken out during three festivals - 1st day of Holi, Rath Yatra and Lai Haraoba. In all these processions, large numbers of people gather but I have never heard of any mishaps taking place because of them. During rath yatra processions, as processions are taken from two important temples police are given duties to see that everything goes smoothly. The other two festivals are organized at locality levels, so there are many volunteers from locality who ensures that traffic is not disturbed and only half of the road is taken.

@jabeen Delhi as you know is big city and to control traffic during festive season is itself a very big task. Everywhere barricades can be seen for security purpose as vehicles are checked and are then allowed to pass. In such situation even if we don't celebrate festivals and don't have a mass gathering still its very difficult to commute from one place to another.

I know how tough is to go to office daily during dussehra and diwali. Everywhere there is a traffic jam which Delhi traffic police is unable to manage. 

Thats the reason I don't feel like going out of the home during festivals. I hate when my kids ask to take them to fates during diwali but have to bow done against their request. 

In our country there are celebrations like Jalikattu where people try to tame a wild bull which is reason for death of so many people. This festival is celebrated in Tamil Nadu and it is said that the festival was celebrated from past 2400 yrs. Supreme court had banned the traditional sport by getting inputs from Animal Welfare Board of India. The members of the board told that even though the bulls cannot speak, they definitely have their rights against torture. The members of the board described the torture received by the poor animal while the group of people tried to overpower it. But since feelings of millions of people were attached to the sport, the ban was lifted in year 2017. Since India is a democracy, the government had to listen when millions say something. I am not against celebrations of festival in public but I am definitely not in favour of any festival which causes harm to any living being. 

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta

During festivals, people like to be merry and enjoy themselves. When enjoying themselves they should also care about the environment. For instance, many festivals are boisterous, with the sounds of loud speakers and bursting of firecrackers. If the rules and regulations prescribed at The Noise pollution ( Regulations and control) Rule, 1999 is strictly enforced in every states properly, the noise can be controlled to a large extent. In one of the articles that I read, it was mentioned that only Goa follow most of the rules prescribed.

Earlier in Imphal too during festivals, loud speakers could be heard as late as 2-3AM. But following the diktats of underground extremists, nowadays it ends much before midnight.

Likewise as far as possible eco friendly methods should be adopted during festivals. I read that in some places instead of immersing the idols in the rivers which cause pollutions, the devotees immerse it in special tanks.

Peoples are became aware about pollution. For some year in my city trend of immersing idols begins. People immerse idols in canals. New papers became aware people to make idols of sand not of Plastic of Paris.People are like and avoid to use idols make of PP. Our every state have some local persons to who they worship. In Rajasthan, Baba Ram Dev is one of them. In this month a big fair is held at birth place of Baba Ram Dev. Some lacs devotee visit their. I never listen about any mismanagement there. It is all possible with volunteers. If people wants gathering will not prove problem. Fair festivals are our indentity. It is not good to stop them.

Thank you said by: arjun sai

The festival of Holi is celebrated every year in most parts of Northern India. It is celebrated in the month of February or March. This festival is celebrated in huge groups in public. There are many reasons why the rest of Holi is celebrated. For some it is harvest season and the spiritual reason is that Holika who was a asura was killed that day by grace of lord Vishnu as she tried to kill Prahalada who was ardent devotee of lord Vishnu. So it also symbolises the victory of good over evil. People use almost all colours of nature to play with each other in groups which is the most beautiful part of this festival. Even if you have an enemy or unknown person, on the day of Holi you will forget everything and apply color on his face. This strengthen the bond of humanity and trust between society. But lately this festival has been taking ugly shape. There are few negative elements in society who use this opportunity to settle their personal grudges. There have been several news where acid was thrown over girl's face on pretext of applying colours. Some negative elements use this festival to take undue advantage of touching girls inappropriately on pretext of applying colours. There were news that few people molested with foreign girls and made them drink alcohol on pretext of playing Holi with them. After watching that news even i was very disappointed. If such festival are celebrated in public, proper police arrangements should be made so that no one harms anyone. Due to those negative people our country has a bad image among foreigners. If proper security arrangements are made and hooligans are punished, this festival is the best festival which can help develop strong bonds between society.

@Arjun Sai Police protection for Holi? Policemen offially celebrate Holi the next day and the way they do it is something scary to watch. They behave even worse within police stations.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.