The topic is locked.

This topic is suggested by Usha, Thanks

Banning V.VIP culture - is it all talk or is it really being implemented?"  

1. Please write 1 (one) post a day starting from 1st October and ending on 7th October. (Second post same day will be deleted)

2. Please write 80 words or more per post to qualify

3. Please stay on the topic

4. Please do not answer or quote any other member but write an independent post

5. Please do not ditto any other post but input your own views

6. All selected members will qualify for Rs 15/ each at the end of contest (result will be declared on 7th October and members will be credited immediately).

7. A member must write at least 5 posts to qualify for inclusion in winners' list.

8. The rules are simple and ‘must follow with ‘no exceptions’ 

Note- In last discussion some members quoted or mentioned other members which is against the rules therefore please be careful. 

PS- I am not in the contest so number of my posts (if any) will not be considered.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

VVIP culture has its roots in the British Raj. It was the time when the government officers were their own God. The bureaucrats in British Raj were the ones who enjoyed maximum benefits in terms of money and power as well. This is the reason government jobs like IAS have been luring a lot of individuals even today. But what the youth fail to realise that the times have now changed. Bureaucrats and other government officials are certainly getting good perks and powers but those cannot be compared with the pre-independence era of India. Things are slowly changing for the good and even a common man can have his say in case of any injustice done to him. This is a good sign for Indian democracy. VVIP culture is going away slowly for the good.

Sycophancy which actually is the root cause for such VVIP culture is present all over the world in varying degrees. In countries like UK it does not touch the common man because the Royalty and their functions are kept at a different level altogether and as far as governance is concerned , the elected representative lead very normal lives, mingling with everyone. When we lived in England, my husband had his office right opposite the functioning Parliament house on the opposite side and John Majors the then Prime Minister and other ministers from his cabinet , all came to a food court to have their lunch . The first time I saw them standing in the que along with us , I was pleasantly surprised.

The problem arises when the VVIP culture threatens to harm the society to an extent where it makes the lives of common people miserable like it happens in most of the developing countries like India. There are probably valid reasons for such occurrences , however ,  no reason is sufficient enough to cause misery to the people of a nation simply because some people tend to think that they are more previleged..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The VVIP culture has its roots back to the era when India was ruled by kings and princes and it was a given that the rulers always are at a higher station above the commoners. The British also enjoyed the benefits of higher posts and expected to be served all the time by their servants but only so long as they held the position. Even the viceroys of the British India were known to carry their own luggage once they went back to England. but not so for the Indians themselves. Once a ruler, always a ruler. Hence the presidents and other ministers, even the Gandhis who no longer have a single administrative or political position in the ruling, live in a mansion fit for gods, all expenses paid by the taxpayers' money. It is not impossible to change this, but it is indeed hard as the mindset of many is still a bit backward.

But the younger generations, exposed to the global culture now, is no longer as gullible as our earlier generations were. If we all were to act unitedly, this culture of VVIP monstrosity can indeed be changed.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In the past since the kings and queens who ruled different kingdoms in India were mostly autocratic, they were highly revered by the commoners and treated in a special manner. Moreover, the caste system was highly prevalent in most of the Indian societies. So, the mentally of treating some group of people as superior and allowing them certain privileges has already been instilled in them. So when British started the VIP cultures during their rule, people accepted it and continued the culture even after they have left. Even now the mentality most of the Indians has not changed much and we can still observe it in one form or the other.

VVIP culture has it's root back in the autocratic rules of Kings and Queens. The hierarchy in society was based on discriminations. The British kept the culture alive and even promoted it for their personal benefits. While they could enjoy the status of a ruler and had upper hand, it also helped them to strengthen their policy of Divide and rule. 

Now when the country is independent for last 7 decades, VVIP culture still persists demarking a gap between the ruled and the rulers. It is a shame on a democratic country. It is deep rooted in the mindset of indIan people and is somewhat imprinted in our genes. It needs some firm rules to set it right.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

It is not banned in India.. People here still have an attitude and treat others like nothing. Most of the politicians do have this attitude. Their status can easily be seen when they pass through the road and you can see roads being blocked and they are the first to pass by. That hurts. But thats improving with the time now people know and don't care who is going unlike in the past when they used to stand for an hour just to have a glimpse of  vvips. 

Undoubtedly, the VVIP culture should be banned. Now the point is, those who enjoy a post and position must himself /herself forsake the VVIP treatment that they receive from general people. They need to understand that they are equals and not Godfathers/Godmothers. Being in politics or preferring to join government jobs is simply their chosen career and they are not Godsend. In India, it is my baap culture so the lesser privileged ones allow the privileged ones to throw tantrums, accept their misbehaviour, tolerate the undue advantage they take. Such a culture was wrong and still happens to be a very wrong attitude so this is highly unacceptable. It sends out a wrong message but the VVIP culture still continues to rule India because of lack of education, 

shampasaid

Dear Members- May I bring to your kind notice that VVIPs take advantage by way of living in posh residences, refurnishing, rebuilding or redesigning the entire buildings according to their choice or spend tons of monies on traveling, phones and hiring unnecessary staff etc all at the cost of exchequer that ultimate comes from taxpayers' pockets. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Shampa Sadhya

India is a country which is driven by power and money. I have seen people who have power and money, slapping police officer and he could not do anything. Almost every Individual in our country wants to get to that place where he can exercise his judgement over other people. As the topic of this discussion or debate goes -- is it possible to ban VVIP culture? I don't think so because the majority of the people will want that this culture continues so that they can spend their life like a Babu. Even though the common man is against the VVIP culture, if he gets a chance to sit on back of horse called "VVIP culture" he will misuse his power and become one of those "VVIP" regarding whom we are having a debate now. I would like to remind you all of Mr Arvind Kejriwal. When he started "Jan Lokpal Aandolan" I was in my hometown that time. He promised to end all VVIP culture, even I was so influenced by his words that I thought that bad days of India will come to end now and India will rise again. Even I was really motivated by his speech that I was ready to give my 100% support and contribution to the cause he was standing for. But what happened after he won elections is not hidden from anyone. After he became CM he used to make frequent travels in India and abroad in name of "official travel". One of the ministers in his party misused the designation of MP and took his pregnant wife to USA when she was just about to deliver child. He did this just to get citizenship of USA because the child born is dependent on his parents. Generally visa official will not allow pregnant women to travel but he misused his power for personal gain. So do you think when majority of population of India supports this culture it is possible to ban VVIP culture? I don't think so.

VVIP culture in India can be certainly banned, it will be a lot difficult to do so but not entirely impossible. The very hazard of the VVIP culture is that the people who are accorded the VVIP status begin to think of themselves as autocrats and think that every privilege granted to them, paid for by taxpayers' money is rightfully theirs. That is why we see, from time to time, controversies arising such as Pratibha Patil demanding property belonging to the army to be given to her bungalow after retirement or the arrogant and class one goonda like Akhilesh Yadav destroying a huge, expensive bungalow out of spite just because the court asked him to vacate it as he no longer holds official post. These acts go unpunished solely because commoin people do not take much interest in politics. If all were to stand united and file petitions etc. and keep following up, the VVIP culture could easily be brought into a certain discipline and the officials could be held accountable for. Modi, for now, has at least initiated in the same direction by banning VVIP lamps on official cars. Slowly, I guess, more and more rule can be brought in and phasing it out completely.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.