The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Rules made by the law of country should be applicable to each and every person of our country. It is usually seen that the common is the one who follows all the rules and pays his taxes on time. The VVIP people generally find various ways to bend the law in their favour. It has been in news several times that the TV celebrities don't pay tax etc etc. What is usually noticed is that whoever gets to sit on a position of power, he starts thinking how to misuse it. That is the reason government should find ways to eradicate the VVIP culture so that each and every citizen of India becomes equal in the eyes of law. There are many Indian politicians who have serious crimes against them but still law does not touch them. One of them is Bhaiya Raja who is MLA from Uttar Pradesh. There are at least dozen cases against this person for murder etc but still he wins election every year. Another one is Shabudin from Bihar who killed several people in broad daylight and still managed to win election 6 times. We need to ask ourselves that till what external will support these elements in our society? Once the common man decides that we will not support these elements and we will never vote for them in elections, India with become a wonderful place to live.

Any culture or norm that is seen in society, on some levels, begins from our individual homes. After all, the way people behave outside in the society are nothing but habits ingrained from our upbringings. If we want to change the way society behaves, we have to start at home. It is up to us to teach our children about how they should conduct themselves outside, teach a few lessons in humility and politeness and how to keep their feet firmly rooted on the ground even if they reach innumerable heights of success. If we can teach them that, if we can teach them to treat others with same respect and courtesy that they feel they deserve, then we can see automatic reduction in such kind of VVIP culture. But we have to take efforts on our own. Just banning certain things will not help, but humility has to be taught to everyone.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Is it possible to end VVIP culture ? This is a tricky question !!

Personally I feel that it will not be easy because of several reasons 

1, Human society is made up of individual differences in power,wealth and mental strength. Which means some will always be at a greater advantage by means of birth,caste,class or inherited wealth.

2, When we take the example of Indian society , it is clear that the masses , especially the vast uneducated  masses still look up to those who are better placed than them.

3, Our leaders thrive on such a divide and rule culture and since law making is entirely in their hands it is not possible to expect any kind of change that would hamper their own elevated positions 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Human beings have an animal instinct. We are suckers of power. Most end up using it for their personal gain and comfort. And only a handful really use it for benefitting society and others. The personal benefits extend to kins and closed groups. The question that stays is will it be banned?? But we have to look within and answer. Aren't we also happy to get benefits from our acquintances who are in power. It is enjoying that VVIP culture at lower level. We all end up using it for getting a faster result...for getting admission, for getting a faster reservation and so on. There is a lot of loops and holes in system that support the propagation of this culture and it comes in various forms at various places.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Though some changes has begun from the higher level to ban the VIP culture, the real change can take place when the commoners change their attitude. Lots of people take pride in knowing someone from the elite groups who can get their work done through back door. If everyone make a conscious efforts not to take such benefits from them, their importance would also go down. Another way how commoners encourage this culture is by giving undue importance and fawning over them. Behaving meekly and accepting the tantrums of the so called VIP in the name of respect also promotes this culture.

I would like to conclude my part by saying that VVIP treatment should only be given to top ministers such as Prime Minister and President because providing them security is of great importance to our country. Just because someone has more money or land shouldn't become the criteria to treat someone as VVIP. It is also the responsibility of citizens of our country to not let the promotion of VVIP culture in the society. The law and judiciary of our country also have a part to play here. The laws in the country should be applicable to each and every citizen of our country irrespective of the status he is holding. Government should impose strict rules to check that there is no partiality being done in following the rules. The offenders should be punished with heavy fine, temporary suspension to set an example for the public. If this VVIP culture is done away with, I am sure India will be a good place to live and all will live in peace and harmony.

So is it really possible to end VVIP culture in India or at least tone it down?

I feel that is possible to do so by educating the masses because the already elected leaders are floating at a different level and would want VVIP treatment for themselves to continue in all walks of life.

So a mass movement is the only answer that can help. The media has already taken it up such a movement by highlighting incidents , but unfortunately the central government is only making  half hearted attempts, which doesn't really help. We see many of the BJP leaders themselves abusing power and the government is slow to  act upon them thereby sending wrong messages.

At state level , the VVIP culture is very much there , especially in my own state of Karnataka where the home minister openly admitted that he deserved the preferential treatment. However , the media went hammer and tongs at him and he had to retreat his statement. This goes to show that once you reach a certain level in the society , people take it for granted that they are special and require to be treated as special citizens. So , any change has to come at the grassroot levels.

Unless education and awareness is spread among the masses , and people stop building temples for living actors and leaders and worshipping them, we may not see any great change in the mindset. It all comes down to us , the common people.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: arjun sai

A few political leaders are refusing the VVIP culture but that's not enough. It has to be stopped at the root level or else it is of no use. It is not only the political leaders who believe in VVIP culture but the wealthy and famous people too apply the rotten practice quite strongly. In villages, the VVIP culture reflected by the landowners is pathetic. They consider everyone else of lesser potential and, treat them inhumanly. So, money speaks and unfortunately, in our country, it rules not only over illiterates but also the literates with meager means of living. India needs to give up saluting money power and promote educational culture. This will strengthen every sensible mind and they will have the courage to protest wrongdoings.         

shampasaid

Thanks all the members for your great posts. All of you have been credited Rs 15 each. (Some of you were credited twice in the previous discussion so this thread will adjust them) The thread is closed now. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.