The topic is locked.

Dear Members- Here is another contest for you The rules are simple and ‘must follow with ‘no exceptions’ please.

1. Please write 1 (one) post a day starting from 4th June and ending on 10th June. (Second post will be deleted if posted on same day)

2. Please write 80 words or more per post to qualify

3. Please stay on the topic

4. Please do not answer or quote any other member but write an independent post

5. Please do not ditto any other post but input your own views

6. All selected members will qualify for Rs 15/ each at the end of contest (result will be declared on 10th June and members will be credited immediately).

7. A member must write at least Five (5) posts to qualify for inclusion in winners' list.

Here is your topic for this contest-

What are your views about "Uniform civil code, abolition of Article 370 and 35a?"

PS- I am not in the contest so number of posts will not be applicable to me.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This is quite an interesting discussion. These three things- Uniform Civil Code, Article 370 and Article 35a have been a topic of interest and doing about rounds in media for quite some time. In the last five years after the Modi government took over, they have become a hot topic. It is first time that a government has talked about these issues without being concerned about minority appeasement or loosing votes as these are tough decisions which might not be taken well by many. The government took a bit of risk by putting it in their election manifesto.

I feel that for India to be a real inclusive and secular nation, UCC is an requirement and must for the country. Law of the land should be the only law. No religion or community should have a different set of laws for them.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I think all the three are very hard to implement but good, especially the Article 370 & Article 35a.

Article 35a deals with the special powers given to J&K to define their permanent residents and give them special priviledges. So that essentially means that if any anti national party takes charge, J&K will not act in consensus with the Nation. So it is very important to scrap it. Article 370 gives J&K special powers beyond the constitution. Both needs to be scrapped

Uniform Civil code is to implement one uniform code for all the country not taking the religious and scriptural regulations into picture. Thus it is more a secular view. It brings good change as it will unite the Country, but it may be hard to implement but not as hard as the Article 370 & 35a. Hope Uniform civil code can be done this term.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Article370  and 35a

The implementation of the two articles was done on a temporary  basis simply because  the Ruler was undecided  at the time of partition. And according  to statistics the Hindu  population  was slightly in majority  in the state at that time. If only the government  and tne leaders had the foresight especially given the fact that Pakistan declared a war in 1947 itself, India had the upper hand and could have made Jammu and Kashmir  an integral part of India.

Coming back to the present it takes a majority government to go ahead and do what is needed to scrap the two articles. They were afterall written by people for the convenience of  the people of a nation  so keeping them or scrapping them can be done by the same citizens..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

The decision of the High Court of J&K in the year 2015 states that Article 370 cannot be amended. It states that J&K only has the power to repeal the Article by recommendation to the Government.

In this case I am not aware whether the Supreme Court has afterward issued any directives in this regard. But I hope it has been done. To have a seperate Constitution for its own state is something not good for the Nation. So I hope the sooner it gets done with the better it is for the Country.

I think that Article 35a has more serious consequences as it decides who is the permanent resident of the Country and hence repealing of Article 35a should be given more priority than Article 370, though Article 370 is being widely discussed about.

Article 35a gives opportunity for anti nationalist people to enter the state & wreck havoc. Once Article 35a is repealed, repealing Article 370 will become a little easier.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

It is the latest one that politicians of Tamilnadu oppose education policy. They said that if Hindi will impose on us we will oppose it. It is small example. Here politicians like to oppose because they want to oppose any thing weather it is good bad. So UCC is demand of time but it is not easy. Most of Indians are in favor of abolition of article 370 and 35A. It is natural that people of Kashmir will oppose. Whole country for Kashmir's people but Kashmir is not for Indians is not a fair thing. 

As soon as the Modi government is back in its second term, they have pretty much started working on Kashmir issue. Amit Shah has a record of being a straightforward and strategic minister in Modi's tenure in Gujarat and he handled up to 12 portfolios efficiently in Gujarat. Nation has a lot of expectation from him. Now this new Kashmir policy of delimitation of Kashmir can be seen as a step forward to bringing Kashmir in to mainstream. The division into Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir will lead to a better governance and many suppressed and unheard voices of non Muslim population will get a say. With such decisive steps, slowly he can build up all strategies to include the state into a an Inclusive and mainstream India. 

When I have discussions with people around me, I find different views. Many feel that article 35 might be easier to do away with but Article 370 would be a tough nut to crack. I have to really read and know more about it.

But already the new Kashmir policy of delimitation of the state is sending jitters to likes of Abdullahs and Muftis and they have already started to roll their sleeves to challenge it.

Speaking about Uniform  civil code, almost all developed nations follow one single civil law and they are not called insecular nor undemocratic. So why this great fuss about implementation of such a law here in India?

It does not restrict one's religious  freedom. It only makes it easier while dealing with civil suits and certain other aspects that can have an affect on the general public like property distribution and other related matters.  Land , after all is a nation's asset but economics and commerce has made sure that it has become privately owned kingdoms by some people , where rieligion plays a great role. When it is simplified to cater to the needs of the people regardless of religion,  isnt it far more secular and democratic ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is right that most of develop and developing country have one civil code. But they are not like India. Their basic religion is one. They are follower of Christian and Islam. But India have not any basic religion. So it is not easy to have one Uniform civil code. It is better for country if it have it. Amit Shah initiate to remove section 370 and 35 A. If with it in coming election BJP will able to make government in J&K than it is some easy to remove these sections.

Uniform Civil code would be a step in right direction for a truly secular state.  It will definitely bring about more harmony in social fabric and justice too.  The discrimination based on religion will be diminished.  It's a need for a civilized democratic and secular country.  Anything that discriminates and deepens the religious divide should be discouraged and replaced with one that brings an uniformity. 

I don't think it should be an issue with any rational thinking person.  It will only be opposed by those who miss no opportunity to bake their brownies for personal or political gain and give a communal color to any issue. 

Now for issue of Kashmir,  a fair election will be first right step.  Let all sections have their political say here.  Delimitation of state under the new policy will give a fair chance to all to be heard.  The Buddhist in Ladakh will have their voice heard and so will Dogra and other communities from Jammu. 

The results of upcoming poll election there will play a vital role in the fate of these two articles pertaining to the state. 

As far as I understand from social media and news, I think that for the removal of Article 370, the government of J&K was only opposing with the rebellious state people also putting their displeasure in some or the other way.

The Country people and the party in power seems to be in one stand, may be except the Mamata Banerjee kind of politicians who just don't like what other people do.

May be the law is not so easy to be modified.

It is just like a state of West Bengal where the ruling party is aggressive and opposing of the ruling government.

However here the people are also not cooperating and that might be causing difficulties.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.