Today one of my friend received a post that ha can win crores of rupees if he subscribe "Reader's Digest' books, to subscribe he has to send money to the given address. I googled to find out the reality. 

http://newsviews.satya-weblog.com/2010/10/did-you-receive-email-like-this-readers.html

http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Sad to know that this type of frauds under the guise of a world's well known Book Readers Digest. What we all we can do is to contact the Readers Digest directly.

Today one of my friend received a post that ha can win crores of rupees if he subscribe "Reader's Digest' books, to subscribe he has to send money to the given address. I googled to find out the reality. 

http://newsviews.satya-weblog.com/2010/10/did-you-receive-email-like-this-readers.html

This is not something new, has been happening since more than a decade now...You get some free gifts too and long back when this was new I too filled the form and sent for the subscription which anyway I wanted.I got some really nice gifts and also a " Chance to win One hundred thousand Sterling Pounds" which of course I never expected to win.But the gift which was a travel bag was good and I still use it..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It did not happen with me. Even this year too I renewed my membership. For the last many years, I have been getting the gifts also. They have a system of directly contacting them.

is it Readers Digest or somene using its name and fame?

Reader's Digest is not a fraud and they regularly send such pamphlets to all its subscribers. They do have an annual sweepstakes where crores of money is to be won by a few lucky. They have genuine lucky draw and people do win money, but only the really really lucky ones!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I'm a regular Readers digest subscriber It's a world renowned Magazine and never indulges in frauds.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Reader's Digest is not a fraud and they regularly send such pamphlets to all its subscribers. They do have an annual sweepstakes where crores of money is to be won by a few lucky. They have genuine lucky draw and people do win money, but only the really really lucky ones!

I too have seen pictures of the prize winners in some of their issues ...I used to subscribe to the magazine a few years ago but now buy an issue when I feel like it ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I'm regular subscriber. All the gifts given to its regular members are announced in RD's pages itself.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I too have seen pictures of the prize winners in some of their issues ...I used to subscribe to the magazine a few years ago but now buy an issue when I feel like it ..

Yes Usha, they do it legitimately and it is quite obvious that any magazine will resort to various marketing strategies to attract new subscribers and this is one of them and they do give away prizes. I have been a regular subscriber of RD for more than years but unfortunately, for the past few years, it has turned into another one of those lifestyle magazines so I do not subscribe to it regularly now. But through all these years, I have been able to collect some very good select editions of RD books.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

RD is a class by itself. Even though I never won their sweep stakes but  those usual membership gifts, I did not dis continue my membership of Readers Digest.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.