Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

First thingsfirst. The demand came from BJP. let me clarify, what if the meaning of Adhinayak means Boss ? Spiritually in Hinduism we call god as lord,like lord Jagannadh . If lord Jaganadh is wrong,yes, Adhinak is also wrong. Secondly why we talk about a matter which at present is unnecessary when there are other burning problems plaguing the country ?

You said it, we used to call Lord to every British that came and ruled over us. We are no more slaves of British so we can safely remove Adhinayak (and yes, also Sindh as the state of Sindh has gone to Pakistan- not necessary though) Let's be a little more practical.

OK Sunil, I'm convinced. In the earlier thread Kalyani too gave an apt reply. I'm indebted to both of you.

Please read my post on Boddunan at https://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/57-stories-a-tales/24357-the-national-anthem-by-tagore-was-in-reality-a-paen-to-king-george-on-his-visit-to-india.html

The national Anthem was written by Tagore as a paen  for King George and his consort Queen Mary on their visit to india. The All India archives mentions it. What are we discussing?

Once it has been accepted , it cannot be changed

rambabu wrote:

The BJP demands removal of "Adhinayak" from the national anthem. The word Adhinayak means, the big lord. It can be interpreted in the present scenario as the lord who controls the world. Then it was interpreted as George VI which is no mre relevant. Demand for removal of ADHINAYAK is not justified.

It was not " interpreted " for King George. It WAS for him and was sung at the 1911 session of the Congress party at Calcutta  specially called to welcome King George and Queen Mary to India and also to thank him for the annulment of the partition of Bengal.

No change is called for now.

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

The BJP demands removal of "Adhinayak" from the national anthem. The word Adhinayak means, the big lord. It can be interpreted in the present scenario as the lord who controls the world. Then it was interpreted as George VI which is no mre relevant. Demand for removal of ADHINAYAK is not justified.

It was not " interpreted " for King George. It WAS for him and was sung at the 1911 session of the Congress party at Calcutta  specially called to welcome King George and Queen Mary to India and also to thank him for the annulment of the partition of Bengal.

No change is called for now.

I repeat my request to not to write two posts in a row. It is against rules of the Boddunan forums. Thanks.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Personal apeeches of any leader- Congress or BJP cannot change the national anthem. I feel that national anthem should have been one associated with freedom movement.  The songs related to freedom struggle are- Rang de basanti chola,  vande mataram etc. Jana Gana mana is not connected with freedomn struggle.  However, once accepted, this needs no change. 

If Kalyan singh is really serious about the change in language of the national anthem, he shold follow some procedure. He needs send a proposal to Union Government that will have to be debated in parliament before giing practical shape. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Personal apeeches of any leader- Congress or BJP cannot change the national anthem. I feel that national anthem should have been one associated with freedom movement.  The songs related to freedom struggle are- Rang de basanti chola,  vande mataram etc. Jana Gana mana is not connected with freedomn struggle.  However, once accepted, this needs no change. 

If Kalyan singh is really serious about the change in language of the national anthem, he shold follow some procedure. He needs send a proposal to Union Government that will have to be debated in parliament before giing practical shape. 

Appropriate suggestion. After following the norms, like you said, a discussion in the parliament with valid reasons for the change is an acceptable democratic procedure.

rambabu wrote:

Appropriate suggestion. After following the norms, like you said, a discussion in the parliament with valid reasons for the change is an acceptable democratic procedure.

Do you think that there will be a proper discussion in the parliament on such an issue. As the members of parliament who are in opposition shout on every step of government whether it is a good step for public, we have seen what happened to land acquisition bill and GST bill.  

http://www.comparenshop.in

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Do you think that there will be a proper discussion in the parliament on such an issue. As the members of parliament who are in opposition shout on every step of government whether it is a good step for public, we have seen what happened to land acquisition bill and GST bill.  

Proper discussion may be or may not be there, but, the procedures must be followed. I think, with valid reasons, if the ruling party convinces ,with majority, such discussions are bound to get approved.

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:
rambabu wrote:

There is no escape from parliamentary discussion despite undesirable behavior of MPs on some occasions. Land Acqusision Bill and GST Bills have also  to be passed by parliamen only and not by mob in ram Lila Maidan. similarly, change in national anthem can also be by parliamentary procedure only and no other way. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The poet never thought that this poem would one day be declared as the national anthem.However when questions controversies singed him he recorded his anger and pain in a letter and I quote: I should only insult myself if I  cared to answer those who consider me capable of such unbound stupidity as to sing in praise of George the Fourth or Fifth as the Eternal Charioteer leading the pilgrims on their journey through countless ages of the timeless history of mankind". So Great Kalyan Singh and his ardent admirers should go through the entire text of our anthem is a truncated. We may not have learned yet as to how to respect our respectable but that should not be an excuse to indulge in a despicable villification campaign against our Greats!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.