Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Where is the room for controversy?We should not be evasive about our stand. It is Tagore's version or that of his critics - which commands greater credibility? No woolly thinking, no verbiage or circumlocution. Let us face the truth! Who were the critics? Did Dr. Radhakrishnan or Dr. B.R.Ambedkar or Pandit Nehru or Gandhiji ever entertain any such insane line of thinking? It is not any controversy but sheer propaganda that is the most nefarious part of a dark design which all we must be careful about !

People now no more are in a position to believe these Cock and Bull stories of these mud headed politicians who always try  desperately to be in the lime limelight.

Why should people be perturbed about a historical fact? Tagore DID compose it for the king and it was first sung at the Calcutta session of Indian National congress especially called to welcome King George and Queen Mary in 1911. At that time British rule looked for another 200 years, tagore changed his views later at the rising tide of nationalism. However I will add that no point in discussing now as now the anthem cannot be changed.

Let matters rest, but to deny history leads no where.  I can quote some of top historians both Indian and world who support what I have written, but no point now in flogging a dead horse.

It is not right to say that Tagore wrote it for the King. It is a lie being purposely propagated by a particular school of thought. Where the freedom struggle leaders so dumb that they chose as our national anthem a song written for welcoming a foreign King. Wisdom has dawned only now. Even Tagore has denied tis charge during his lifetime but which top historians knew what he did better than him. Let the controversy be discussed threadbare and settled once for all.

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

Controversies will be there. They started 100 years ago in the first session of Indian National congress. Tagore's Jana gana mana is accepted as the National anthem. And it will remain so despite controversies.

@Vijay

You have very logically and impressively put it in the right perspective. Gulshanji has been another who has the magnanimity and wisdom of seeing facts in their true light and altering his original position.Ironically we don't have too many of such people to enlighten us. There would be always Priests of Darkness to mislead to be mislead to not even earn a place in the dust-bin of history. What appalls me is the sheer audacity of questioning Tagore's own viwes on this subject! Shame!

Thank you said by: rambabu

@ Chinmoy

Really it's a shame to question the views of this great Nobel Laureate who elucidated his views several times..

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

@Rambabu

Those who have barest or no knowledge about Tagore the man,his view of the world,his philosophy should think a thousand times before mouthing banalities and inanities! Tagore was too honorable a person to equivocate and prevaricate to wriggle out of a situation created and still being created by pseudos with perverted minds. Sane ones have enough to feel perturbed!

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

@Rambabu

Those who have barest or no knowledge about Tagore the man,his view of the world,his philosophy should think a thousand times before mouthing banalities and inanities! Tagore was too honorable a person to equivocate and prevaricate to wriggle out of a situation created and still being created by pseudos with perverted minds. Sane ones have enough to feel perturbed!

Really Chinmoy. I was perturbed. Why this maligning campaigning on a "Nobel" soul who made us proud in the world.Who made our held high and fearless. I cannot forgive these pseudos. They are a bad dream to the Indian society.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

No one has gone in to the history of our National anthem but let me say Kalyan is neither the first nor will be the last. The controversy started right from the time it was accepted as our National anthem otherwise what was the need for Gurudev became angry at the reactions coming from different sectors. BJP was nowhere in picture then

http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/history-and-culture/100-years-since-jana-gana-mana-was-born/article2752111.ece

A very informative article dealing about the Controversy surrounding Jana Gana Mana...

Though the BJP was not anywhere in the picture controversies were there since it was introduced. This is why Gurudev was obliged to offer an explanation. Since then until today controversies are continuing. And the clarifications are also continuing. And this will continue.

I can give you more links which will put more light on the whole episode. But do not read it casually- go through the entire post and let me say the comments section is even more meaningful.

http://www.quora.com/How-much-truth-is-there-in-the-argument-that-Jana-Gana-Mana-is-a-homage-to-British-emperor-and-not-written-as-the-national-anthem-of-India

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.