Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

No one has gone in to the history of our National anthem but let me say Kalyan is neither the first nor will be the last. The controversy started right from the time it was accepted as our National anthem otherwise what was the need for Gurudev became angry at the reactions coming from different sectors. BJP was nowhere in picture then

http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/history-and-culture/100-years-since-jana-gana-mana-was-born/article2752111.ece

A very informative article dealing about the Controversy surrounding Jana Gana Mana...

Though the BJP was not anywhere in the picture controversies were there since it was introduced. This is why Gurudev was obliged to offer an explanation. Since then until today controversies are continuing. And the clarifications are also continuing. And this will continue.

I can give you more links which will put more light on the whole episode. But do not read it casually- go through the entire post and let me say the comments section is even more meaningful.

http://www.quora.com/How-much-truth-is-there-in-the-argument-that-Jana-Gana-Mana-is-a-homage-to-British-emperor-and-not-written-as-the-national-anthem-of-India

Again thanks for this link. As you said, i read it seriously without a biased mind including comments.

There are comments both For and against the issue, which is but natural.

But, the most important, relevant and true comment which I liked most in the comments section is " These are trivial matters, lets concentrate on doing some real good for our country and its people."

@Rambabu

The issue is far from trivial as the honor of a venerable titan is involved. Clearly two strands of opinions emerge from our discussion so far.One is that Tagore's work of eulogy for a British monarch and second one Tagore's rebuttal of the same.Now the question is which one should we go with?If the first one is allowed to stand the logical and corollary is Tagore was an inveterate liar and those presided over its adoption were a bunch of nitwits who were cheated into doing it by Tagore. If this line of persists and be the dominant rational choice I am all for scrapping this disgraceful piece of national anthem and putting Tagore into Hall of Disgrace but his detractors have taken a ridiculous position by betraying their own lack of faith in conviction by suggesting that it is a fait accompli - nothing can be done about it Tagore must remain permanently disgraced! What a monstrous state of mind! I am in complete agreement with Vijay that the issue should be decided once for all and we all owe it to great man.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, rambabu
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

@Rambabu

The issue is far from trivial as the honor of a venerable titan is involved. Clearly two strands of opinions emerge from our discussion so far.One is that Tagore's work of eulogy for a British monarch and second one Tagore's rebuttal of the same.Now the question is which one should we go with?If the first one is allowed to stand the logical and corollary is Tagore was an inveterate liar and those presided over its adoption were a bunch of nitwits who were cheated into doing it by Tagore. If this line of persists and be the dominant rational choice I am all for scrapping this disgraceful piece of national anthem and putting Tagore into Hall of Disgrace but his detractors have taken a ridiculous position by betraying their own lack of faith in conviction by suggesting that it is a fait accompli - nothing can be done about it Tagore must remain permanently disgraced! What a monstrous state of mind! I am in complete agreement with Vijay that the issue should be decided once for all and we all owe it to great man.

The issae is not trivial. In fact there is constant vicious propaganda by some miscreants in U Tube and elsewhere about Tagore and many other reknowned personalities. I am sorry that I also was misled by such propaganda and believed that the song was in praise of Brfitish emperor. .There is similar propaganda that Nehrus had Muslim origin.  There is attempt to malign the freedom fighters.    .  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

@Rambabu

I'm of the firm opinion, we all owe it to Tagore. And the only way  to repay our gratitude is giving  place of preeminence in the folios of History.

Those organisations who did not take part in India's freedom struggle are either selectively borrowing  certain leaders to build their lineage or are busy selectively spreading malicious propaganda against tall leaders like Nehru and Gandhi. People are wise enough to see thru these crude attempts.Maligning Tagore is an attempt in this direction. What is painful is to see otherwise educated Indians fall into these traps. Should pygmies of today evaluate tall leaders pf the past.

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

I agree with you Vijay,.It has become a practice for these midgets to malign the past greats. It's nothing but desperate struggle to stay in the limelight.

Let them stay in limelight by their contributions not condemnations of others.

Contributions ? Are there any ? if there are contributions, they are mere Cock and Bull stories which people stopped believing.

@Gulshanji

We are living in decadent times.Here lived a soul who was well ahead of his time by at least a few hundred years. And history will judge him for his seminal contribution to the growth of civilization as a whole. He was just not a literary genius but an extraordinary human  being. His eldest brother an equally gifted person, but less known , once commented on his youngest brother that : Rabi is the only one of us who never veered from the narrow and straight path of life." This is Tagore for you. Suffering countless tragedies in his personal he developed a sagely persona.When he was sent as a Zamindar to Selaidaha he was deeply moved by the plight of poor peasant of both Hindu and Muslim communities. He was shocked at the gross exploitation by money lenders and encouraged them to resist them by opening a bank and deposited his Nobel prize money. He voiced his agony when the Hindu Zamindars in East Bengal forced their Muslim subjects to stand in meetings and sessions unlike their Hindu counterparts and he abolished it at the first available opportunity.  His grim prediction that one day the insulted and exploited Muslim community would hit back came tragically true in the form of partition. His views on education,gender equality and nature are all revolutionary and poignantly relevant today. In his intellectual honesty he never compromised and not even spared the community he sprang from whenever the situation demanded. I have mentioned in the beginning that decadence has gripped the entire landscape not even sparing the institution for which he had to beg money to build- Shantiniketan has been reduced to a spectre of all that he fought against. Its spirit went with his death. I am writing all these because when we comment on great worthy personages we must educate ourselves a little about them. That is the irreducible minimum!

Thank you said by: rambabu, Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
@Chinmoy. That's a treasure chest of facts hitherto unknown to me.rather I'd say many are unaware of these facts. I agree with you, his views on nature, gender equality are relevant even today
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.