Being spiritual or religious is same or different things? Are you religious or spiritual ? What you consider yourself?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

No. They are not the one and the same.

Religion binds you. Spirituality sets you free.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Both are of the same kind but vary in their nature. Religion is related to body and mind; but spirituality to soul. One is enforced and the other is natural. I am both religious and spiritual. Religious in the sense that I am born and brought up in a family belonging to a particular religion. For me religion is a mask to convince the society that I am also a part of the same crowd. Whereas, spirituality is the very nature of my soul and I don’t have any words to express it. 

I'm not religious but definitely Spiritual. Fortunately for me, i don't have to convince the society that I belong to a particular religion. Bu I know every religion has to be respected. And I respect every religion and their practitioners.

I am opposed to all organized religions as history would bear me out ,these are capable of perpetrating unimaginable mischief ,horrific barbarity on fellow human beings.I would prefer to remain a servant of my conscience and my rational being!!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Organized religion is plague to the society.It binds you and makes you a  slave. I too am opposed to  religion

Spirituality is independent of religion. A religion may contain spirituality as well as materialist customs, rituals, moral standards, personal law of community etc.   One may be spiritual without belonging to any religion. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Spirituality is independent of religion. A religion may contain spirituality as well as materialist customs, rituals, moral standards, personal law of community etc.   One may be spiritual without belonging to any religion. 

Yes sir. I'm spiritual, but not not religious. My religion is Humanism and within my means i render my services to the needy. I believe in " Sarve Jana Sukhino Bhantu." Let all be happy

Most of the time I do not feel like worshiping God in traditional ways and I also dont find any peace going to temples. Is God a imaginary friend? Why he want people to worship him?

God did not mention that one should worship him or offer any thing to him. These things were created by the in between people. The Real God is The sun, who is known as "Pratyaksha Daivam .It  means a god who is visible to all.  And the Sun is the source of energy.Does he demand anything from you ? In Geeta it's said that it's not the offerings, that pleases the God. only thing that pleases God is a wholehearted prayer.

Spirituality is abstract and religion is visible. So the former is within the individual and the latter is subject to exploitation.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.