These days, issue of meat- mutton, pork, chicken, beef and so on- fresh or processed, domestic or imported- is very much a hot issue. But a word ofcaution. Processed meat may cause cancer. If you take meat, avoid processed meat. 

http://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/processed-meats-are-carcinogenic-says-world-health-organisation-1235908

https://in.news.yahoo.com/bacon-cancerous-cigarettes-050534947.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The World Health Organization's internal agency for Research on Cancer, IARC says  Processed meat and Red meat are linked to Cancer. Anyhow, the final report is yet to come out.

I am vegetarian so I am don't worry about it. Not only meat here water is cause of cancer. Canal and rivers water are not pure they are carrying with them wastage of Industries. Harmful chemical mixed in water.

anil wrote:

I am vegetarian so I am don't worry about it. Not only meat here water is cause of cancer. Canal and rivers water are not pure they are carrying with them wastage of Industries. Harmful chemical mixed in water.

Shalene  Mcneil says the available scientific evidence that does not support any relation between  any type of processed meat or Red meat. Anyhow the final report is yet to come out.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Shalene  Mcneil says the available scientific evidence that does not support any relation between  any type of processed meat or Red meat. Anyhow the final report is yet to come out.

It is advisable that we should refrain from packaged or processed meat till final report arrives.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

It is advisable that we should refrain from packaged or processed meat till final report arrives.

Yes sir. when the study has now taken a shape and the researchers themselves are saying that they are waiting for final report, It is too early to jump to conclusions

It is hte chemicals used during preservation of processed foods that may cause cancer and that too on prolonged use. Same should hold true frozen vegetables idf chemically preserved. silverlining is that vast number of Indians consume processed food in meager quantities, but one has to take the report seriously if consuming for long periods.

Processed food and red meat in excessive quantities have always been considered to be unhealthy. At the same time anything in moderation is fine. We Indians have a relatively healthier food habit. Our spices compensate for various ill effects of various food types and also life style. Turmeric, garlic, coriander etc are beneficial and prevent various ailments. After a certain age one has to be a bit careful . Personally I am okay with processed food but in moderation of course.  Bowel cancer is far less in our country as compared to Europe and US if I'm not wrong. Bacon, sausages etc in large quantities are surely not preferable.  

rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Yes sir. when the study has now taken a shape and the researchers themselves are saying that they are waiting for final report, It is too early to jump to conclusions

Fresh food weather veg or non-veg good for health. As much as possible we should be used fresh food.

Nothing can substitute fresh food but sometimes when processed food, veg or non-veg, is taken then I think it won't affect ones health. Whenever a chemical is used then it is quite obvious that it will have a negative effect so it will be good to use in moderation . 

shampasaid

Processed foods are usually high in sugar and  high fructose corn syrup.. Several studies confirmed sugar can cause devastating effects on metabolism. Additionally, Processed foods have many ingredients to increase the shelf life, preservatives , colorants which are all chemicals. These ingredients lead to a plethora of  several ailments which slowly lead to slow death.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.