Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is the people who will give Modi five years or more. Your observations are apt with your thought process based on the beliefs you hold. I respect them. It is your conclusion which I have differences with. The very democratic process that propelled Modi to power, voted Congress to power repeatedly for many decades. Does it mean that voters then were naive and today's are smart. This country has risen to present state of all round progress under Congress regimes and also others in between. Because Congress was difficult to dislodge it was spread that they are coming to power due to en bloc votes of muslims. This is a fallacy, but lot many believe it and could be true in handful of constituencies. Congress was an all inclusive party which got corroded due to its corrupt leaders like Kalmadi, Chauhan, and association with DMK corrupt leaders like Raja and others. It was rightly voted out. Now BJP is trying to consolidate its hod by polarising the society as it believes muslims can go to Congress and Hindus should go to it. But voters are smart as recent results show. In J&K for the first time voters have voted on polarised basis with Hindus in Jammu voting for BJP and muslims voting for PDP and NC and few Congress in Valley. So how BJP is trying to bring Muslims close to Indians is not clear. But while you are entitled to your views and I to mine both can accommodate each other's views for better understanding and appreciation in a pluralistic society. The days when Hindus could be canon fodder are gone so no need to be afraid on that score.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
vijay wrote:

@Kalyani's passionate advocacy is indicative of the deep sense of hurt felt by a section of Hindus who believe that minorities have been pampered and their misdeeds are overlooked. She may well be right but may well be wrong depending which way one looks at the isue. Congress has portrayed BJP as anti Muslim and BJP has portrayed Congress as pro Muslim. Both have won votes on these portrayals. Both have compromised when it has suited then with extreme religious groups of the other side. The truth is somewhere in between. However increasing sensitivity has got injected which makes contrary views look very hostile and extreme reaction  are freely expressed. There seems to be no leader of stature to calm the rising temperatures.

It is this very fact which you stated is the cause of such anguish and the reason for increasing rift amongst communities, that congress has and is vehemently trying to portray BJP as being Anti-Muslim, which it is not. Neither am I an anti-Muslim or anything close to it. I have some very great and dear friends from that community and am well aware of their current predicament which congress misrule has out them into. Under the guise of doing good, they only made a few handful religious figureheads of that community powerful who did not let progress of any kind trickle down to the lowest member of their following. BJP on the other hand is working hard in Kashmir, to bring Muslims close to other Indians, working hard for emancipation of neglected-by-congress NE states and all other remote places where congress leaders find it not in their best interests to go and work. If there is rising intolerance among Hindus, they cannot be blamed, you all are putting weapons into Muslims hands and then expect Hindus to thurst their necks forward to enable the weapon wielders to cut them easily, why? And of course, if you have reason to give a benefit of doubt to the Muslims for their deeds and good deeds, give the same space to Hindus too. It will not work and not be tolerated if Hindus are denied that space and freedom/ and coming to your statement on the absence of a substantial leader, at least try and give Modi five years where you have already given congress 65 years of free hand. Do not cry wolf when he is unable to repair the damage of 65 years in just 1.5 years.

Very true and I agree that too much is being expected of Modi and the opposition is going all out to pressurise him in every way possible without caring a hoot about  the country or its development. Kashmir is another story altogether, ...This was a link I got today which sums up the Kashmir story as to how Hindus have become strangers in their own home 12799357 693824354094218 2119282236085135778 nuled by Hindus ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
vijay wrote:

@Kalyani's passionate advocacy is indicative of the deep sense of hurt felt by a section of Hindus who believe that minorities have been pampered and their misdeeds are overlooked. She may well be right but may well be wrong depending which way one looks at the isue. Congress has portrayed BJP as anti Muslim and BJP has portrayed Congress as pro Muslim. Both have won votes on these portrayals. Both have compromised when it has suited then with extreme religious groups of the other side. The truth is somewhere in between. However increasing sensitivity has got injected which makes contrary views look very hostile and extreme reaction  are freely expressed. There seems to be no leader of stature to calm the rising temperatures.

It is this very fact which you stated is the cause of such anguish and the reason for increasing rift amongst communities, that congress has and is vehemently trying to portray BJP as being Anti-Muslim, which it is not. Neither am I an anti-Muslim or anything close to it. I have some very great and dear friends from that community and am well aware of their current predicament which congress misrule has out them into. Under the guise of doing good, they only made a few handful religious figureheads of that community powerful who did not let progress of any kind trickle down to the lowest member of their following. BJP on the other hand is working hard in Kashmir, to bring Muslims close to other Indians, working hard for emancipation of neglected-by-congress NE states and all other remote places where congress leaders find it not in their best interests to go and work. If there is rising intolerance among Hindus, they cannot be blamed, you all are putting weapons into Muslims hands and then expect Hindus to thurst their necks forward to enable the weapon wielders to cut them easily, why? And of course, if you have reason to give a benefit of doubt to the Muslims for their deeds and good deeds, give the same space to Hindus too. It will not work and not be tolerated if Hindus are denied that space and freedom/ and coming to your statement on the absence of a substantial leader, at least try and give Modi five years where you have already given congress 65 years of free hand. Do not cry wolf when he is unable to repair the damage of 65 years in just 1.5 years.

Very true and I agree that too much is being expected of Modi and the opposition is going all out to pressurise him in every way possible without caring a hoot about  the country or its development. Kashmir is another story altogether, ...This was a link I got today which sums up the Kashmir story as to how Hindus have become strangers in their own home 12799357 693824354094218 2119282236085135778 nuled by Hindus ..

Let me inform readers that many in Saudi are convinced that India will similarly become Islamic nation in just another 100 years. Maybe the period is not correct, but the threat is real as it happened in Kashmir and East Pakistan. Remember entire Indonesia became Muslim inside 100 years as Buddhism and Hinduism was thrown out. Part of this due to the archaic practices of Hindus themselves and many who sided against their own community.

This is a real case scenario and must be guarded against

Most of the discussion is based on fears. Muslims are used to say- Islam is in danger. Now many including those in this form fear that- Hindu is in danger.

But the fact is that nobody is in danger. Religion is personal matter. Let anyone have any faith. Neither Hindu nor Islam is endangered. In fact, humanity is in danger. Let us nourish human values so that humanity is saved. 

The best thing is to enhance skills, education, social justice, economic justice, prosperity. It matters little whether our nation is at time Hindu or Muslim majority. we need good citizens and human beings and it is immaterial whether they are Hindu, Muslim, Christian or atheist. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

MG Singh wrote:

Let me inform readers that many in Saudi are convinced that India will similarly become Islamic nation in just another 100 years. Maybe the period is not correct, but the threat is real as it happened in Kashmir and East Pakistan. Remember entire Indonesia became Muslim inside 100 years as Buddhism and Hinduism was thrown out. Part of this due to the archaic practices of Hindus themselves and many who sided against their own community.

Yes of course , the rate at which they are growing here is proof of that...We also have politicians who are extremely communal when it comes to minority interests just to make sure that their positions are safe. I wish BJP and Modi takes a firm stand and brings in a uniform civil code which would be helpful to the nation and its interest, of course parties like Congress would oppose with all their might showing their communal tendencies but the large majority of the people will definitely support it !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Will Common Civil Code remove the threat M G Singh alludes to Saudis having shared with him?

The list of Kings are of Jammu and not Kashmir Valley. These are two different regions which  were joined together along with Ladakh by British and handed over to Dogra kings and since called state of Jammu & Kashmir.  From around 1300 AD Kashmir was continuously ruled by Muslim kings till British rule started. Abdullahas will naturally not figure in the list as they hailed from a middle class ordinary family. 

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
vijay wrote:

The list of Kings are of Jammu and not Kashmir Valley. These are two different regions which  were joined together along with Ladakh by British and handed over to Dogra kings and since called state of Jammu & Kashmir.  From around 1300 AD Kashmir was continuously ruled by Muslim kings till British rule started. Abdullahas will naturally not figure in the list as they hailed from a middle class ordinary family. To support your point you should provide list of kings of Kashmir.

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

Yes of course , the rate at which they are growing here is proof of that...We also have politicians who are extremely communal when it comes to minority interests just to make sure that their positions are safe. I wish BJP and Modi takes a firm stand and brings in a uniform civil code which would be helpful to the nation and its interest, of course parties like Congress would oppose with all their might showing their communal tendencies but the large majority of the people will definitely support it !

You are right. There are politicians who direct all their endeavors to stall Modi's efforts to bring Uniform civil code. But Modi cannot be stopped in any condition.

There are bound to be Muslim kings in the valley since the Mughals and even Afghans ruled for a while , they also made sure that the entire place was looted and the place was left in misery. After 1846 it was Hindu Kings who ruled Jammu and Kashmir region until Independence when Congress made a mess of things which affects the country to this day ! A Nehruvian blunder !!!

http://www.koausa.org/Crown/history.html

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.