Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

thanks sir giving more informative information about adhar card and why its need in india so its  very neccessary for all the people of identity thanks a lot and some is needed pan card is require  visit here -- http://knowyourpan.net/how-to-apply-for-pan-card/

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

It is easy for an honest citizen but for fake citizens it is not that easy since they have to provide address proof and also give a photograph and this when it is used for all transactions , blows their cover away at some stage or the other 

Ideally, that should be the case, but in India where corruption will get you anything and everything, one can obtain even a passport on fake documents, although I agree it has become more difficult than in the past. But we have always heard of thousands of ration cards and aadhar cards being issued to people from Bangladesh for mere couple of thousand rupees or so. Just yesterday, one burglar was caught in Pune who visits India every few months on tourist visa, conducts a few burglaries and goes home to Bangladesh richer with each visit.

Kalyani, even today there are any number of supporters for these so called immigrants, who are actually illegal entrees . Politicians and some pseudo seculars who feel they are a cut above the rest - what happens to the security of the nation is not their concern but what impression, they create in the media is all that they care about. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

It is easy for an honest citizen but for fake citizens it is not that easy since they have to provide address proof and also give a photograph and this when it is used for all transactions , blows their cover away at some stage or the other 

Ideally, that should be the case, but in India where corruption will get you anything and everything, one can obtain even a passport on fake documents, although I agree it has become more difficult than in the past. But we have always heard of thousands of ration cards and aadhar cards being issued to people from Bangladesh for mere couple of thousand rupees or so. Just yesterday, one burglar was caught in Pune who visits India every few months on tourist visa, conducts a few burglaries and goes home to Bangladesh richer with each visit.

Kalyani, even today there are any number of supporters for these so called immigrants, who are actually illegal entrees . Politicians and some pseudo seculars who feel they are a cut above the rest - what happens to the security of the nation is not their concern but what impression, they create in the media is all that they care about. 

The immigrants find supporters because they are the ideal vote bank for these politicians, who care the least about their own country and only about their own position and status. That is why the issue of Bangladeshis in WB, Assam etc. is burning for such a long time.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Aadhar card is good. But I have a different take on it.

1. All are data is available to a third party. Finger print, bank details, passport details basically all personal details. Can you even imagine what can happen if it falls into wrong hands??? The repercussions may not only be monetary, it would be like loosing your identity. The person with all this data in hand can actually impersonate as you. 

2. There is a huge section of people who do not pay there taxes correctly. Its only the working or salaried people who are forced to pay the taxes because its automatically deducted from their accounts. Yes we need to pay taxes, but the question is why only us. Now to relate this to the aadhar card. Lets take the case of LPG subsidy. Initially they said subsidy for those who have the aadhar card. So all got the aadhar card. This in turn meant the govt had all the income hand of the people in hand. Next step they are relating the subsidy or the govt benefits to the income. People with more income can not get the subsidy. I feel that its not fair. Reason: if we are paying the taxes, we should be getting all the benefits from the govt. Irrespective of our income. If govt is taking from us why cant it give us back.

No offence to anyone. These are my personal thoughts and anguish :)

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

@ Divya , you got both points wrong ! First of all, it is precisely because your finger prints ,retina scan and image goes on record that it is not easy for others to impersonate you, not the other way round.

Secondly, any subsidy is meant for the citizens of the country and aadhar is given only to the citizens although it may have its own loopholes thst nay need to be corrected . And every citizen has the right to get basic amenities regardless of the income ..cooking gas is one such !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I beg to differ here. Retina scan and finger prints yes are correct cannot be impersonated. But think of a situation where you have a persons account number, date of birth, date of marriage etc. These are very sensitive data. Most financial agencies would ask you these datas only to reconfirm your identity. So this is data is very sensitive and is currently with third party vendors. With the level of corruption and bias we have in our country (sorry i am not criticizing my country just stating the fact) it will be a cake for unscrupulous people to get our data.

Next thing regarding subsidy. I do not know about other cities. I am in chennai and here they have stopped giving LPG subsidy to people who have an annual income of more than 10 lakhs per annum. So how did the govt get this data ?? definitely through the aadhar card. I am paying all my taxes correctly not a penny less. Again I need to spend more on all the basic items also. Which would inturn mean, that I should not work towards getting a better pay, because ultimately the excess margin goes to the govt. But my point here is not related to subsidy alone. Going forward who knows could bring in the same concepts in petrol, housing loans, Deposits etc. I am imagining a day in the very near future where the govt might say... ok so you have an income of "X" lakhs, so you pay your loans @ 2% more interest and since you already have money let your deposits earn you 5% less interest. 

These are just situation that should not come. Fingers crossed. Otherwise aadhar and unique identification is all good.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Divya wrote:

I beg to differ here. Retina scan and finger prints yes are correct cannot be impersonated. But think of a situation where you have a persons account number, date of birth, date of marriage etc. These are very sensitive data. Most financial agencies would ask you these data only to reconfirm your identity. So this is data is very sensitive and is currently with third party vendors. With the level of corruption and bias we have in our country (sorry i am not criticizing my country just stating the fact) it will be a cake for unscrupulous people to get our data.

Next thing regarding subsidy. I do not know about other cities. I am in chennai and here they have stopped giving LPG subsidy to people who have an annual income of more than 10 lakhs per annum. So how did the govt get this data ?? definitely through the aadhar card. I am paying all my taxes correctly not a penny less. Again I need to spend more on all the basic items also. Which would inturn mean, that I should not work towards getting a better pay, because ultimately the excess margin goes to the govt. But my point here is not related to subsidy alone. Going forward who knows could bring in the same concepts in petrol, housing loans, Deposits etc. I am imagining a day in the very near future where the govt might say... ok so you have an income of "X" lakhs, so you pay your loans @ 2% more interest and since you already have money let your deposits earn you 5% less interest. 

These are just situation that should not come. Fingers crossed. Otherwise aadhar and unique identification is all good.

As regards gas subsidy, this is given only to the less privileged or poor sections. So nothing wrong if this is not given to people earning above certain limit. subsidy has no meaning if given to everyone irrespective of income level. Your other fears are imaginary.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Unless you have aadhar or your pan card nothing moves forward, and your personal details aregiven everywhere not just on aadhar card. . As long as you take care of your finances it is not easy for others to tamper, they may try but that's another matter.

If you show all your outgo when you file your returns, you can still avail the subsidy. I am doing it ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.