Trupti Desai, a well known celebrity is fighting for women right to enter temple or mazars. First she went to Shani temple and won her fight for equal rights for women. Now at mazar where she was no so successful.

But is this not flawed?  Worship in temple or at mazar is superstitious and of no use to anyone. However, she is still worth support. This is more a matter of gender equality. I oppose smoking but also support woman's right to smoke if this is allowed to man.

https://in.style.yahoo.com/post/144288320269/is-trupti-desais-model-of-feminism-flawed

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

if India is said to be the equality place in the world where everyone has the equal right then the people India should proof by allowing women in the temple where they want to go and worship, and i don't think that god will get angry on that.

bhuyali saroj

Women in India have equal rights. But on some place some traditions are much old one, so it very hard to change them. I am also against smoking but I think here is not prohibition for women for smoking. In rural area of Rajasthan Haryana large numbers of women are smoking.Worship at  temple, mazars, Church or gurduwara is superstitious or not is matter of belief and faith.

anil wrote:

Women in India have equal rights. But on some place some traditions are much old one, so it very hard to change them. I am also against smoking but I think here is not prohibition for women for smoking. In rural area of Rajasthan Haryana large numbers of women are smoking.Worship at  temple, mazars, Church or gurduwara is superstitious or not is matter of belief and faith.

In AP too, there is no restriction on women smoking. My own Grand mother used to smoke. Going to temples is an act of personal choice.

is this flawed feminism !

Category: Daily Dose Yesterday
 To a certain extent it is flawed feminism because Religion automatically comes with traditions and customs and to change that will only anger people, may be even women .. I agree that women need to have equal right to do things as they want. While I admire her single minded commitment to her cause, I would be happier if instead she spent some of her time on  other more important women's issues ..there is plenty to pick from !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Trupati Desai is doing the right thing by fighting for gender equality in religious places. All irrational practices start from such places of worship and their care takers. She should al least have the freedom to choose her cause for fighting.

India needs such people who fight for the just reasons especially for equal rights for women in par with men. I bow down before her out reverence.

rambabu wrote:

India needs such people who fight for the just reasons especially for equal rights for women in par with men. I bow down before her out reverence.

Fighting for equal rights are not bad thing but final aim of most of fighter are entry in politics. Once they got change they forgot right of equalty and other things.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Fighting for equal rights are not bad thing but final aim of most of fighter are entry in politics. Once they got change they forgot right of equalty and other things.

Such people should not be encouraged in politics, if their intention is to enter politics . People need selfless people.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Such people should not be encouraged in politics, if their intention is to enter politics . People need selfless people.

right people needs selfless people, where is selfless people. 
We want to join politics to serve peoplerage1.png, it is common statement of politicians.

That means, you are unable to read the person, who say that he is entering the politics to serve the people. That's your failure. For example, even now Congress says that it is always ready for doing service to the people. Knowing Congress well, if you once again vote for it, is it not your mistake ?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.