Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am locking this thread now but will open it later for further discussion.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The tread is open for further discussion 

It is true that the condition of the government schools have drastically deteriorated in most of the parts of India. In Delhi, I have noticed that the government schools, Navodaya schools and so on are in a much better condition than in the other parts. May be because it is the capital of the country so a little more attention is given to it. I won't say that the teaching standard is very good in private schools and it is bad in government schools but yes regarding discipline and cleanliness the private schools are far better. It can be well managed if the concerned authorities put some effort but it's missing. The officials forget that school is that place where future is built up but they love to ignore this fact and students remain the looser.   

shampasaid

The biggest drawback of Indian education system is that this is commercialized like any other field. It is not the national interest, it is not the quality of education, it is not training every one for appropriate filed that concern the education institutes. They look more for their own commercial interests. The fee charged for education is too big for poor but meritorious students. The rich but mediocre get admission in prestigious institutions by donation. 

The remedy is that privatization must end. There should be selection of students on merit only. Entire education should be free and upto secondary level free and compulsory.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You are right that merit should be the only criterion for getting admission in the educational institution but donation facility is pushing back the meritorious students coming from not so rich section. This is hampering the quality of the achievers also but by saying so we need to oppose against the quota system too. It's also plaguing the educational system. Thus, meritorious children from general class who do not belong to the rich class too are the worst hit which ultimately frustrate them. In India, this particular system needs to be checked as soon as possible or else upcoming teachers, doctors, professors, engineers and so on will be of substandard level.  

shampasaid

As long a we have caste reservations we will not be able to have merit based education . The reservations in fact extend to minorities, political sufferers and so on where anybody and everybody  becomes a sufferer and manages to get a seat. Unless the whole Indian society gets revamped the Education system will thrive and help some become super rich and the system come up with mediocre performance .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

Perhaps India is the only country in the world where the government is promoting caste system right from the time we became independent. Why should they increase the limit for creamy layer to Rs 8 lac from 6 when the income tax exemption limit is much lower. Every government is playing with the rules just to catch the votes in their favor. You can't expect education standard going up with below average students having privilege over brilliant ones just because they belong to a certain caste or group. 

Absolutely, this is a major cause which is extremely harming the education system. I want to cite an instance which speaks a lot about our standard of education. Recently, my son got three out of ten in Mathematics practical paper. One sum which carried seven marks was given wrong. He asked the teacher and made her understand how he solved it. The teacher was not ready to accept it as that method was not given in the blue print of the answers. He constantly went on explaining his method and then the teacher tried to follow it, consulted other Mathematics teacher and then gave him seven more marks. Imagine if my son had not stick to his ground strongly and challenged the evaluation process then he would not have got full marks in that paper. How many students of ninth standard would have this guts to challenge the system? Finally, they will be the looser for no fault of theirs.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Absolutely, this is a major cause which is extremely harming the education system. I want to cite an instance which speaks a lot about our standard of education. Recently, my son got three out of ten in Mathematics practical paper. One sum which carried seven marks was given wrong. He asked the teacher and made her understand how he solved it. The teacher was not ready to accept it as that method was not given in the blue print of the answers. He constantly went on explaining his method and then the teacher tried to follow it, consulted other Mathematics teacher and then gave him seven more marks. Imagine if my son had not stick to his ground strongly and challenged the evaluation process then he would not have got full marks in that paper. How many students of ninth standard would have this guts to challenge the system? Finally, they will be the looser for no fault of theirs.

Something similar happened to my son again with Maths. While he was in PUC he had also appeared for CET . He was expecting to score 98-100% in Mathematics. But he got 90 which upset him a lot because it also counts for CET ,where for people like us without reservations ,every mark counts because it either decreases or increases your CET rank. Since he was confident about his own performance we decided to meet the university head at Bangalore. We had to apply for a re-correction process , after which  we were handed over the marks sheet which has be evaluated by the head of the dept of the respective college where he studied and if there is scope for more marks , one can apply for re-correction . They have one where you pay a nominal fee and the time taken may go up to 1 month or longer. We could not afford to take that option because the CET results were be announced in 2 weeks time after the PUC results. So we paid a higher fee which if the student scores more than 6 marks after the re correction would be refunded back  ( 85%).

The whole process of course involved in our making three trips to Bangalore which was an additional expenditure. Anyway, my son did get 9 more marks and got a rank within the first 100 in CET. But on thinking back I feel that since I was in the department it was easy for me to tackle it since it is a complicated and time consuming process, but imagine those who are unaware of it . Why dont they make the system simpler , where one can apply for re-correction at ones own university and have it done  quickly without wasting time. I am told that this is one way of making money since the number of student who apply for re-correction is very high .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Something similar happened to my son again with Maths. While he was in PUC he had also appeared for CET . He was expecting to score 98-100% in Mathematics. But he got 90 which upset him a lot because it also counts for CET ,where for people like us without reservations ,every mark counts because it either decreases or increases your CET rank. Since he was confident about his own performance we decided to meet the university head at Bangalore. We had to apply for a re-correction process , after which  we were handed over the marks sheet which has be evaluated by the head of the dept of the respective college where he studied and if there is scope for more marks , one can apply for re-correction . They have one where you pay a nominal fee and the time taken may go up to 1 month or longer. We could not afford to take that option because the CET results were be announced in 2 weeks time after the PUC results. So we paid a higher fee which if the student scores more than 6 marks after the re correction would be refunded back  ( 85%).

The whole process of course involved in our making three trips to Bangalore which was an additional expenditure. Anyway, my son did get 9 more marks and got a rank within the first 100 in CET. But on thinking back I feel that since I was in the department it was easy for me to tackle it since it is a complicated and time consuming process, but imagine those who are unaware of it . Why dont they make the system simpler , where one can apply for re-correction at ones own university and have it done  quickly without wasting time. I am told that this is one way of making money since the number of student who apply for re-correction is very high .

Your son was fortunate and got his answer sheet properly rechecked but sometimes rechecking means only re-totalling and nothing more. In such cases students loose. And, as you said it's a way of making money and this speaks a lot about our system and so how can we expect that our country will progress for the better. 

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.