People in Indian private sector especially the IT sector are facing high stress levels. In past 6 months itself I read few suicide cases of people who used to work in IT sector. Actually the way people work in India is not ethical. People in India continuously try to pull other people down below their level which is responsible for creating stress amongst individuals. Due to these reasons many of my friends have left India and migrated to countries like Australia or Canada. Even I try to help my junior but they end up pulling me down or dumping their own work on me. What do you think can be done in these situations?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am not in to IT sector but still we have lots of pressure at work place for adhering good productivity. Every day we are asked to improve productivity and targets are such they seem to be impossible to achieve. 

I too have heard about that from many people ...but it is the same even in finance sector . The private sector like to extract the maximum out of it's employees and that's how they make their profits. No doubt they pay well but make sure they extract every rupee worth 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I too have heard about that from many people ...but it is the same even in finance sector . The private sector like to extract the maximum out of it's employees and that's how they make their profits. No doubt they pay well but make sure they extract every rupee worth 

They try to extract double than what they pay. I am in private sector and we are asked to work at least 10 hrs a day and then too are critisized for not doing work. Thats the irony we don't even get enough time for family and other social activities as to take a leave even for a day is very difficult.

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

They try to extract double than what they pay. I am in private sector and we are asked to work at least 10 hrs a day and then too are critisized for not doing work. Thats the irony we don't even get enough time for family and other social activities as to take a leave even for a day is very difficult.

I think the quality of life in foreign countries is much better than India . Most of the clients for which I worked for leave their office exactly at 5:00 pm. Exactly at 5 they get offline. And we have to slog so much hours and our pay is almost one-third or one-fourth what they get. In addition to this we don't have teamwork in India, we have backstabber here who will pull you down for their selfish interest.

arjun sai wrote:
Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I think the quality of life in foreign countries is much better than India . Most of the clients for which I worked for leave their office exactly at 5:00 pm. Exactly at 5 they get offline. And we have to slog so much hours and our pay is almost one-third or one-fourth what they get. In addition to this we don't have teamwork in India, we have backstabber here who will pull you down for their selfish interest.

Yes.

We have many units outside India but you know what they do. They don't keep much of the  local Manpower but take people from India to work there as they know labor in India is cheaper than what they will get there. 

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
arjun sai wrote:
Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes.

We have many units outside India but you know what they do. They don't keep much of the  local Manpower but take people from India to work there as they know labor in India is cheaper than what they will get there. 

I don't know why we can't define the minimum wages in private sector in India. Is the workforce in India only meant for exploitation?

Not only IT sector but all private sectors like, educations, banks, insurance companies and exploiting their employs. In banking employs are working more than 12 hours a day. In private school and collages salary are less than salary of office assistant in government offices. 

anil wrote:

Not only IT sector but all private sectors like, educations, banks, insurance companies and exploiting their employs. In banking employs are working more than 12 hours a day. In private school and collages salary are less than salary of office assistant in government offices. 

But I have heard they pay good salary to the pvt school teachers. 

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
anil wrote:

No it is not right, I have experience of it. In my private school salary is 4 time less than government schools.

anil wrote:
Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
anil wrote:

No it is not right, I have experience of it. In my private school salary is 4 time less than government schools.

No doubt you will get salary equal to the govt teacher but teachers of pvt schools also get good salaries what I know. As few of the pvt school teacher I know get good pay. May be i am wrong and few schools give good salary. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.