Indian government is planning to roll-out smart coaches for Indian railways. The railway coaches  will have black box, Artificial Intelligence enabled CCTV which will send all information about railway coaches to control room to avoid accidents. It seems a good step in order to improve situation of railways.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is a good news for the commuters. Every year, we hear about accidents taking place in railway. With the introduction of such smart coaches, hope the loss due to such accidents would come down drastically.

It is very good step for our indian railway. It increases the standard od our indian railway. It decreases the major accident due to lack of technology.

I read it in newspapers. When every thing is changing railway coaches must be changed. India's railway system in largest one  in the world. New technique will help in safe journey.

anil wrote:

I read it in newspapers. When every thing is changing railway coaches must be changed. India's railway system in largest one  in the world. New technique will help in safe journey.

Yes correct. I read that many wild animals such as Elephants die train accidents because it is very difficult for engine driver to stop train abruptly and again start the train when the wild animals have crossed the railway tracks. If we have some Artificial intelligence in railway then maybe we can save life of these poor and innocent animals.

It is indeed a welcome move but I really hope that it is not at huge cost as we will be bearing its expenses. Hope they are doing it economically & the work will be supervised by the C&AG Department after the work is done to avoid any misutilisation of money. Also hope the commuters are ready to be taking pride in the modernization & not destroy the facilities provided to them like they have done a couple of times already.

I am hoping that it is first implemented in AC Coaches & then slowly to other coaches to avoid large losses like in previous instances.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.