After Tanushree Dutta's allegations, many more models, generalist, news reporters and actresses have brought forward their allegations. We don't know how many of these allegations are true but many people of Bollywood are now taking stand against these allegations. Your thoughts?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Bollywood , with all it's glmor and money is still a sleazy institution. If the actresses are now coming out ,it shows the amount if filth that is still hidden ...Nana Patekar who was respected and Aloknath, ...to what extent people can stoop !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Bollywood , with all it's glmor and money is still a sleazy institution. If the actresses are now coming out ,it shows the amount if filth that is still hidden ...Nana Patekar who was respected and Aloknath, ...to what extent people can stoop !

I think this is the first time they are speaking out loud against harassment in Bollywood. Before today no one dares to do so for fear of loosing her career.

This phenomenon is not confined to Bollywood or Hollywood only and having worked in the corporate sector for the last few years, it is highly prevalent there also. I can also say its pretty common in the armed forces and some time back a Flighty Lieutenant committed suicide because of her relationship with a group captain 25 years older to her. So the moral of the story is that it pretty common and it cannot happen if the girl is not willing.

Thank you said by: arjun sai
usha manohar wrote:

Good, but it's not confined to Bollywood and I have first-hand experience that it exists EVERYWHERE.

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Good, but it's not confined to Bollywood and I have first-hand experience that it exists EVERYWHERE.

Of course I agree with that , but so far the celebrities have managed to get away with most things ..today there is an interesting article which points fingers at Amitabh Bachhan too...it is just an insinuation at the moment , wd be interesting to see how it is going to unfold

https://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/sapna-bhavnani-to-amitabh-bachchan-on-metoo-movement-your-truth-will-come-out-very-soon/amp_articleshow/66185300.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: arjun sai

My take on this is that people face harassment and are victims to the atrocities of the people holding all the stroke and influence. This is industry agnostic and it's just the negative mentality of people, which i condemn. 

MG Singh wrote:

This phenomenon is not confined to Bollywood or Hollywood only and having worked in the corporate sector for the last few years, it is highly prevalent there also. I can also say its pretty common in the armed forces and some time back a Flighty Lieutenant committed suicide because of her relationship with a group captain 25 years older to her. So the moral of the story is that it pretty common and it cannot happen if the girl is not willing.

I think it is not about whether the girl is not willing or willing, it is about the awareness of her to file a complaint in the first place that needs to be brought in, this lack of awareness is also like a fodder for the Crime perpetrators.

Some people do not express it fearing some reasons of their career getting ended due to the influence of the person, but this movement is good as that brings out the real image of the person & it discourages influential & powerful people to act in such a way apart from giving confidence to the women fraternity.

Though it is only after law the action will be taken atleast the society will know what person is of what kind & the industry will also take some or the other action against such person.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

I think it is not about whether the girl is not willing or willing, it is about the awareness of her to file a complaint in the first place that needs to be brought in, this lack of awareness is also like a fodder for the Crime perpetrators.

Some people do not express it fearing some reasons of their career getting ended due to the influence of the person, but this movement is good as that brings out the real image of the person & it discourages influential & powerful people to act in such a way apart from giving confidence to the women fraternity.

Though it is only after law the action will be taken atleast the society will know what person is of what kind & the industry will also take some or the other action against such person.

Very rightly said. We need to see what legal action is taken against the defaulters. May be they all escape just like Salman Khan did.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Me to campaign is right one but it is not possible to punished for harassment old more than 20 years. It is not only is Bollywood, it is in every sector.

anil wrote:

Me to campaign is right one but it is not possible to punished for harassment old more than 20 years. It is not only is Bollywood, it is in every sector.

Why is it not possible to punish for a crime that took place a long time ago? May be it might take sometimes as the witnesses might not remember the detail but they can be punished.

By the way, just a few days back I came across a news in which  about 5 army personnel were punished for killing an innocent citizen 24 years ago. This proves that perpetuators of crime can be punished even after decades and decades later

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.