In incident has happened which has brought shame on Indian railways. Yesterday when people in Amritsar were celebrating Dussehra festival , a train run over around 60 people killing all 60 and injuring many others. This incident has again opened the debate of unsafe railway lines / crossing. Many times it has been pointed out regarding lack of safety provisions in railway crossings but not much has been done to prevent these accidents. We also pray for the people who were victim of this accident and pray that government does justice to their families.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

You have to blame the organisers more than the railways. The incident happened because the event had been organised without permission , close to railway tracks , so how does that make railways responsible? The train driver could have stopped but again at that time of the night , with poor visibility , I doubt if he was aware of people being on the track ...

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/navjot-singh-sidhus-wife-vip-guest-at-punjab-event-accused-of-fleeing-scene-1934659

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen
usha manohar wrote:

You have to blame the organisers more than the railways. The incident happened because the event had been organised without permission , close to railway tracks , so how does that make railways responsible? The train driver could have stopped but again at that time of the night , with poor visibility , I doubt if he was aware of people being on the track ...

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/navjot-singh-sidhus-wife-vip-guest-at-punjab-event-accused-of-fleeing-scene-1934659

It is fault of organiser and politicians. Navjeet Kaur Sidhu reached late and spend enough time on speech. Due to it the ceremony of burning the effigy was delayed. It coniside with arrival time of train. People couldn't listen siren and this casualty happen. 63 killed and many more injured.

This is a sad event and sometimes preventable with the right actions taken at the right time. 

The organisers definitely were to be blamed. They cannot make the excuse that dussehra were organized in the same place every year without any incidents. This accident was bound to happen one day or the other. 

Though its sad that many lives were lost, those who were watching it are equally to be blamed. They had risked their lives unnecessarily and lost it. Now blaming the railway would be unfair. 

From what I read in the news, it is apparent that poeple were busy clicking photos and filming the burning of Ravana on their mobiles and when firecrackers started exploding they started running helter and skelter and caused total chaos, in which they didn't even notice the trains approaching at full speed. How can the railways be blamed for foolishness of people? Even after the accident, all people remaining there coiuld do was to click selfies of themselves with dead bodies and trains in the background and photos of the dead in a very undignified manner instead of helping the injured. How can railways be blamed for such thing?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

From what I read in the news, it is apparent that poeple were busy clicking photos and filming the burning of Ravana on their mobiles and when firecrackers started exploding they started running helter and skelter and caused total chaos, in which they didn't even notice the trains approaching at full speed. How can the railways be blamed for foolishness of people? Even after the accident, all people remaining there coiuld do was to click selfies of themselves with dead bodies and trains in the background and photos of the dead in a very undignified manner instead of helping the injured. How can railways be blamed for such thing?

Railway is not responsible, organizer and peoples are responsible for it. Organizer did not take permission from railway. Basically using railways track for other activities is crime, even we can't cross it.

It's really horrible incident.Many people blamed to railway for this accident.

But How Organiser had organised this celebrations very closed to the tracks?

Organiser and Railway blamed each other but that's true, many lost their lives in this terrible accident and that really heartbreaking.  

Be positive

In today news paper one photo and Navjot singh Siddhu and Saajan Jakhar, senior leader of congress, laughing during candle watch. It is organised by congress to pay tribute to person who were died in train accident. Shame.

anil wrote:

In today news paper one photo and Navjot singh Siddhu and Saajan Jakhar, senior leader of congress, laughing during candle watch. It is organised by congress to pay tribute to person who were died in train accident. Shame.

Such candle marches are nothing but a sham to grab some attention. No one really gives two hoots about those who died of their own foolhardiness or due to others' neglect. Instead they should be focusing on educating people about about safety and preventive measures and how to behave responsibly when attending public gatherings.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:

Such candle marches are nothing but a sham to grab some attention. No one really gives two hoots about those who died of their own foolhardiness or due to others' neglect. Instead they should be focusing on educating people about about safety and preventive measures and how to behave responsibly when attending public gatherings.

Earlier Siddhu said this accident is a natural disaster. Indeed politicians are emotionless peoples. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.