Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:
arjun sai wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Obsession for fair skin has been a part and parcel of our culture. We see in our puranas and scriptures , where all demons and bad characters have dark skin, fat and having irregular features or looking ugly and grotesque. This has been dinned into our mind which is totally unfair. I see some teachers discussing about fair good looking students and saying she or he looks like a Brahmin , surprising that she or he comes from a different community. This is the attitude that most people have ...so for nation that is the most racist and color conscious , all white people are good and Africans who may be genuinely nice are still capable of doing bad things ...

And we usually complain about the racist incidents in USA or Australia whereas in India , color bases discrimination is happening everyday.

I am not sure about America but I can tell you that most incidents in Australia are not biased but due the bad behavior of the Indian person involved. Some persons from India/Pakistan etc forget the basic manners or cannot resist the openess of locals and behave in a ugly way which results in the ugly incidents. Isn't it happening in India everyday where people get killed because they tried bad practices (or should I describe it openly- they try to to take advantage of open Austraian society which results in such incidents)

It is very sad to know that Indian people try to take advantage of people that too in their own country.

suni51 wrote:
arjun sai wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Obsession for fair skin has been a part and parcel of our culture. We see in our puranas and scriptures , where all demons and bad characters have dark skin, fat and having irregular features or looking ugly and grotesque. This has been dinned into our mind which is totally unfair. I see some teachers discussing about fair good looking students and saying she or he looks like a Brahmin , surprising that she or he comes from a different community. This is the attitude that most people have ...so for nation that is the most racist and color conscious , all white people are good and Africans who may be genuinely nice are still capable of doing bad things ...

And we usually complain about the racist incidents in USA or Australia whereas in India , color bases discrimination is happening everyday.

I am not sure about America but I can tell you that most incidents in Australia are not biased but due the bad behavior of the Indian person involved. Some persons from India/Pakistan etc forget the basic manners or cannot resist the openess of locals and behave in a ugly way which results in the ugly incidents. Isn't it happening in India everyday where people get killed because they tried bad practices (or should I describe it openly- they try to to take advantage of open Austraian society which results in such incidents)

There is a popular wise quote " While in Rome do as the Roman's do "..but unfortunately , many Indians living abroad try their level best not to blend in but standout like a sore thumb , so they get targeted. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.