I have seen , not just here but across the net on many other discussion forums, discussion starters feel that everyone should agree with them and their topic of discussion . Is this the right approach , while starting a discussion? Should we not be open to all points of view,positive,negative,new...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I noticed that too, and also experienced the wrath of the discussion starters when my views did not match their views! :lol:

But a conversation is supposed to be an open discussion, a dialogue and if it all remains one-sided, when most of all others agree with the starters, that is not much of a discussion, only a monologue which is endorsed by others! Not a healthy trend and no knowledge or anything new can be shared in the process.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I noticed that too, and also experienced the wrath of the discussion starters when my views did not match their views! :lol:

But a conversation is supposed to be an open discussion, a dialogue and if it all remains one-sided, when most of all others agree with the starters, that is not much of a discussion, only a monologue which is endorsed by others! Not a healthy trend and no knowledge or anything new can be shared in the process.

Yes , that's how most members like their discussion to be.There have been discussions on other forums where members become abusive over some petty matter simply because some member had something different to add ...so much so that moderators had to intervene and scrap certain material LOL...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In that case we should abolish the opposition system from every where including politics. Every coin has two facets and each one is as important. This is discussion that brings the reality on surface, if a discussion starter has some thing for sure then what is the need of discussing it.
All we can have an 'aye aye' button.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Yes , that's how most members like their discussion to be.There have been discussions on other forums where members become abusive over some petty matter simply because some member had something different to add ...so much so that moderators had to intervene and scrap certain material LOL...

:lol: The moment someone presents a different point of view, I think it becomes a matter of life and death to some and severely bruised egos!!! :woohoo:

In that case we should abolish the opposition system from every where including politics. Every coin has two facets and each one is as important. This is discussion that brings the reality on surface, if a discussion starter has some thing for sure then what is the need of discussing it.

Ha ha ha!! :laugh: Yes, providing such people with aye aye button should do it! but such people are really nothing but conversation killers!!!

Very well said! As you said, if there is no scope for disagreements then what is the point of discussions? In fact, I feel that only the discussions that is open to all point of views can become an interesting one and also beneficial for all participants

Ha ha ha!! :laugh: Yes, providing such people with aye aye button should do it! but such people are really nothing but conversation killers!!!

Honestly I see a lot of them in that role - post one general cliched sentence and you have no way of taking the discussion further.I wish people would add only when they have something to contribute instead of posting simply to collect points !!! That is even worse than the over enthusiastic kind ... :dry:

If a discussion can reach a conclusion agreeable to everyone, it's a perfect discussion. Since nothing in perfect in this world, we can just make it the best, though not perfect...thinking the same problem from both ends.

Meera sandhu
Discussions on any topic is just to put forward our points. We all are different from each other and thus or thinking and ideology is also different. While discussing a particular topic, we generally put forward our way of thinking. We may answer in the favour or against the topic or we may be indifferent. It depends....

Very well said! As you said, if there is no scope for disagreements then what is the point of discussions? In fact, I feel that only the discussions that is open to all point of views can become an interesting one and also beneficial for all participants

Exactly ! The very purpose of discussion a topic is to get all points of view.I remember a discussion where members added so much information that I managed to get almost all information that was there on the subject.It was a discussion on some technical issues regarding the net...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.