Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
That's true without Sachin we cannot imagine cricket but its for sure someone else will take his seat. Contribution of Sachin for cricket cannot be forgot. He is still ideal of many young cricketers hope he remains connected with cricket indirectly after retirement also. :)

He may retire from the active cricket.But, As an adviser, as a coach or in any capacity he has the potentiality to shape up the Indian cricket.
Absolutely he still is the best and has a lot to contribute to Indian cricket it won't be a surprise if he gets an offer to be coach of any country.in future. :)
That's true without Sachin we cannot imagine cricket but its for sure someone else will take his seat. Contribution of Sachin for cricket cannot be forgot. He is still ideal of many young cricketers hope he remains connected with cricket indirectly after retirement also. :)

He may retire from the active cricket.But, As an adviser, as a coach or in any capacity he has the potentiality to shape up the Indian cricket.

Sachin is undoubtedly one of our greatest cricketers but I disagree that we can use such terms as golden era or silver era and so on. Since I stared taking in interest in this game I adulate and almost idolize Sunil Gavaskar. What a cricketer! Without any helmet and other protective gears which later-day batmen have been using - almost giving the look of a medieval warrior- he negotiated the spine-chilling West Indian pace attack of Garner, Roberts, Marshal, Ambrose, Walsh for years together. Hats off to him!!!

Sachin is undoubtedly one of our greatest cricketers but I disagree that we can use such terms as golden era or silver era and so on. Since I stared taking in interest in this game I adulate and almost idolize Sunil Gavaskar. What a cricketer! Without any helmet and other protective gears which later-day batmen have been using - almost giving the look of a medieval warrior- he negotiated the spine-chilling West Indian pace attack of Garner, Roberts, Marshal, Ambrose, Walsh for years together. Hats off to him!!!

If you talk about Test cricket no doubt I will rate Sunil Gavaskar on top but I feel in ODIs Sunil Gavaskar never performed up to his level. :blink:

If you talk about Test cricket no doubt I will rate Sunil Gavaskar on top but I feel in ODIs Sunil Gavaskar never performed up to his level. :blink:

That's true! Then, you know he was more of a classical mould and never took one day format seriously!!

That's true! Then, you know he was more of a classical mould and never took one day format seriously!!

I don't think he was as great as Sachin as Sachin has played well in both the forms. :blink:

I don't think he was as great as Sachin as Sachin has played well in both the forms. :blink:

I am not into any comparison as I firmly believe that any such comparison is useless. Let us accept both of them as greats representing different times and eras!!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I am not into any comparison as I firmly believe that any such comparison is useless. Let us accept both of them as greats representing different times and eras!!

Yes they were heroes of their era and its hard to beat their records in recent time. :blink:
Though I agree that Sachin was a great cricketer, anyone watching India play cricket will say that India has continually grown in strength in playing cricket. Even before the independence India made a mark in the game. After the independence India fought giants like West Indies, Australia and England successfully and went on to win the world cup thrice in different forms of the game. We must say that the golden era continues. :)
Though I agree that Sachin was a great cricketer, anyone watching India play cricket will say that India has continually grown in strength in playing cricket. Even before the independence India made a mark in the game. After the independence India fought giants like West Indies, Australia and England successfully and went on to win the world cup thrice in different forms of the game. We must say that the golden era continues. :)

With so many talented youngsters around, the golden era will certainly continue.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.