I was literally disappointed of not being active in this forum for last 15 days. On 13 th of this month, at Puri there was Snan Purnima (Bath festival)of Lord Trinity (Jagannath), and for this I have taken leave from office to reach there and due to inner sevayat of Lord, myself and my father went there and participate bathing Lord Jagannath. In my 35 years of life for the first time I have done that due to education and office engagements. I feel divine in staying close to Lord. Has anyone gone there to see this holy festival of bath of Lord Jagannath. On 13 th of this month the temperature of Puri was 42 celsius plus one can add six degrees of humidity temperature to make it virtually 48 degrees. Now, the Lord due to high bathing of 108 buckets of water, have caught fever and will be staying indoors for 15 days. In these days, we inner sevayat (Servitors) have no role, new form of clan will come mostly tribals, as Lord Jagannath was first there before being taken here to Puri, the tribal families will serve him in these 15 days of his illness, and then we return to serve him for rest of year.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I was literally disappointed of not being active in this forum for last 15 days. On 13 th of this month, at Puri there was Snan Purnima (Bath festival)of Lord Trinity (Jagannath), and for this I have taken leave from office to reach there and due to inner sevayat of Lord, myself and my father went there and participate bathing Lord Jagannath. In my 35 years of life for the first time I have done that due to education and office engagements. I feel divine in staying close to Lord. Has anyone gone there to see this holy festival of bath of Lord Jagannath. On 13 th of this month the temperature of Puri was 42 celsius plus one can add six degrees of humidity temperature to make it virtually 48 degrees. Now, the Lord due to high bathing of 108 buckets of water, have caught fever and will be staying indoors for 15 days. In these days, we inner sevayat (Servitors) have no role, new form of clan will come mostly tribals, as Lord Jagannath was first there before being taken here to Puri, the tribal families will serve him in these 15 days of his illness, and then we return to serve him for rest of year.

As a regular participant in Forums we felt your absence. But for a religious function which is connected with your own sect must have given you a sense of fulfillment. Its highly essential. Now you can take part in the forum activities

Interesting/ Keep us posted of further progress. Rath Yatra of Puri is world famous and I often enjoy watching it on TV.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
Welcome back, you were certainly missed. It is quite interesting to know that after bathing, even the Divine Lord falls sick and then he is looked after by tribals, probably due to their knowledge of traditional herbal medicine?? Do keep us updated about the further proceedings! And post pictures if possible!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Welcome back mohan and thanks a lot for those interesting details....Every temple and worship place across the worls has its own tale enriching the cities and towns across the world...Hope to see you around here more often now...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Welcome back, you were certainly missed. It is quite interesting to know that after bathing, even the Divine Lord falls sick and then he is looked after by tribals, probably due to their knowledge of traditional herbal medicine?? Do keep us updated about the further proceedings! And post pictures if possible!
According to Lord Jagannath's history, he was worshipped first by tribal chief tain known as Bishwa basu deep inside Jungle 500 miles away from Puri. King of Puri has a dream of Lord to bring back from this hide out to Puri so that he can be seen by all. Those tribals are of Bhil classes. They were very firece fighters and in deep inside jungle it is difficult to fight them out wihile they are expert in gurilaa fighting. King of Puri whcih is other wise called ad gajapati (gaja means elephant and patti means master) have been dreamed by Lord Jagannath to bring back from these hide outs. Tribal chiefttain was hiding Lord deep isnide jungle and no one except he and his only daughter Lalita could go there. King of Puri have given responibility to his releigious head "Bishwa pati" who is a Odia local brahmin, to bring back Lord from this hide outs. He changed his appearance to become a tribal and went inside jungle and slowly within two years while staying at jungle he developed love relationship with tribal girl lalita and then they married with the consent of chieft tain Bishwa basu. Chieftain does not know his son in law was a brqahmin and emissary of Puri king. One day Lalita secretly take her husband to the loacation of Lord and then slowly with the help of King of Puri Lord was taken away to Puri and now his location.

Afer happening such the tribal chief tain who was a seriuos devotee of Lord Jagannath has been in state of sorrow and do not take food and water and wants to die so that after death he would be nearer to Lord which he lovingly worship. Lord said to king to give one month of serving to clans of tribals chief who have been staying at Puri in the name of "daitas" They are descedants of tribal chief and they serve only one month from car festival to return car festival.

Then the odia brahmin religous guru Bishaw pati came with her tribal wife Lalita to Puri, then the socieity of brahmin samaja denoucned him for this intercaste marriage and devoid him from evevry opportunity of water and food. King of puri announce then that both "daitas" means tribals and descedants of "Bishwa pati" and Lalita the brahmin and tribal childs would serve Lord for one month starting from car festival to end of car festival.

Then king of Puri became angry at behaviour of odia brahmin society who have treated badly to exceptional work done by Bishwa pati, and announce that for the rest of eleven months worshipping of Lord could not be done b y odia brahmins. They are banned from entering into temple premises for worshipping. King of Puri, then called brahmin families from Karantaka, Punjab, J&K, UP, HP to worship Lord for rest of 11 months when Lord is inside holy sanctum. this is the traditions what we have been listeing to.

Bath festival or snan purnima what locally called as is performed inside temple so no camera is allowed according to temple administration, but when Lord goes out while at car festival certainly, I will be there and from distance I can click some photoes.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Thank you Mohan for the elaborate myth behind the tradition, it is quite intriguing and interesting! I have not quoted the post here since it is too long! :cheer:

Thank you Mohan for the elaborate myth behind the tradition, it is quite intriguing and interesting! I have not quoted the post here since it is too long! :cheer:
Thanks it is myth. I have used wrong words history. It should have been myth instead.

Thanks it is myth. I have used wrong words history. It should have been myth instead.

No no, I did not intend it to mean that, it could also very well have been a true incident, we never know, as is the case with all other epics and myths! :cheer:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.