Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Nothing beats originality. Originality is linked with creativity. Creativity is staying away from the beaten path . those who are courageous  alone can be more creative. This has been demonstrated earlier by several people. Why not now and everytime?

There are some extremely good and intelligent film made by Iran, Egypt , Romania and other countries which most people don't get to watch. Film makers in India could take the same subject matter and come up with something new instead of dishing out the same old / new loud films time and again which honestly makes you grit your teeth.I have stopped watching films now , the last film being Zindgi na milegi dobarah which was good and probably adapted from some other Western or European film 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

There are some extremely good and intelligent film made by Iran, Egypt , Romania and other countries which most people don't get to watch. Film makers in India could take the same subject matter and come up with something new instead of dishing out the same old / new loud films time and again which honestly makes you grit your teeth.I have stopped watching films now , the last film being Zindgi na milegi dobarah which was good and probably adapted from some other Western or European film 

True...I have watched a few Irani movies and they are simply unsurpassable in their simplicity, creativity and a storyline that is astonishingly simple yet appealing. We have some similar kinds of movies made in regional languages, especially in Marathi, Bengali and Malyalam (maybe in others too but I have not watched them). These movies are very original and beautiful but they fizzle out due to lack of enthusiasm from distributors who promote only Bollywood movies.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

True...I have watched a few Irani movies and they are simply unsurpassable in their simplicity, creativity and a storyline that is astonishingly simple yet appealing. We have some similar kinds of movies made in regional languages, especially in Marathi, Bengali and Malyalam (maybe in others too but I have not watched them). These movies are very original and beautiful but they fizzle out due to lack of enthusiasm from distributors who promote only Bollywood movies.

Yes true Kalyani, we do have some good regional films which only few get to watch....I wish the Hindi film makers took more interest in realistic films like it was in the seventies when we got to see some brilliant films like Ankur, Nishant, Subah and also light entertainers from the likjes of Hrishikesh Mukherji and Basu Chatterji...They do have such films in the west and adapting such films to India requirements is not a bad idea at all

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Honestly.. Its all depend on viewers.. I mean if they enjoys the movie then its okay and makers will earn money for it too.

But these days Indian people watch hollywood movies too. So if people will start watching movies directly from hollywood then same story line will not be appreciated. 

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

Indians may watch Hollywood and other English language movies.  But it is a good idea to dub in Indian languages movies in various languages like French, German, Japanese etc so that we may appreciate and enjoy movies in other parts of globe. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes, points which Usha Madam and Kalyani Madam discussed is exactly rights. Being from Kerala, I can easily say that Malayalam films are much more superior to Bollywood and many other colossal film industries in India, in terms of story ideas, concepts and its treatment. Even if I have not seen many Bengali and Marathi Movies, I have heard a lot that they maintain certain standards as in Malayalam Industry. Actually this is a major topic to discuss about. With the experience of watching many Malayalam movies, I can say that a lot very good movies are made in very low budgets in Malayalam. One of the main reasons I find is that, Malayalam movies don't go to much behind stars and their stardom. Of course, there are exceptions. And the topic of this thread, even in Malayalam movies, we can easily find some influences of foreign movies. But, those movies are remade in a good manner mixing up the Kerala culture into it.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Adoor made Thulabharam . Shyam Bengal made Ankur and girlish arnad  made Kaadu. All of them are made on shoestring budget. And all of twere have become trend setters. Remember all the three producers dared to produce these three movies, when they were wet behind the years. If they could do, why not today's youth?

You can take the good things from foreign films but imitation is not good. Imitation will lost its originality soon. Each country people have different opinions about their country movies. So don't compare the movie with other country and try to give the good things without hurting anybody and taking the films will definitely increase the movie quality count than movie count.

Creative movie makers like Mani Ratnam and Balu Mahendra add their own bit of originilality in their movies. Those who lack creativity will make the carbon copies of others' movies. If you have creativity there's no need to make movies from others creative property.

Thank you said by: Dwarakanathan
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.