Sometimes I feel myself fortunate as we have lots of work at job when there is lots of unemployment in our country. Also when most of the companies have lesser work and trying to keep less manpower we feel lucky to be with such an organization where there is plenty of work to do.

But the thing is I am not able to give much of the time to family which I think is equally important. I am stuck in my life at present and not able to decide what should I do.

Can someone advise me how can I make a balance in life?.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Start your own business dealing with Web development and other related jobs. Delegate powers to one experienced colleague. This must give both rest as well as job satisfaction. This issubject to your courage and conviction. Anyhow, had you given your specialities, I'd have given you more specific solution.

Hi SJ..

I can understand.. With job (and that also with lots of work) it is hard to give time to family. Even one of my cousin which is earning good but fed up of job as he thinks that there is no family life and nothing special in life. I mean whole week went for job and on sunday he just sleep whole day. 

So even he is thinking about self employment in some section. 

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

First of all let me know your specializations. Without them, no one can advise you.

SJ, you are a mechanical engineer so you can open a repairing shop near your home, that will give you enough time to look after your family. Besides, if you employ me in your garage (I am also an engineer) you can spend enough time looking after your family :) 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

SJ, you are a mechanical engineer so you can open a repairing shop near your home, that will give you enough time to look after your family. Besides, if you employ me in your garage (I am also an engineer) you can spend enough time looking after your family :) 

lol.... If you guys have vacancy for computer engineer... Then let me know. :D

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
suni51 wrote:

Even if SJ is a mechanical engineer, there is a lot to be seen.

Is he deriving pleasure out of his job?

Has he chosen his profession willingly or just for earning a liveli hood?

If he really enjoys his job, he need not think about change. With a little bit of adjustment here and there, he can get best of the two worlds.

In all, unless SJ provides all the answers, it's not possible to guide him.

The private sector employs two people to do work of four persons. It pays them three salaries and saves one salary. The result is the two persons have to work for longer hours. Many development champions will call this higher productivity. But it takes toll on the person and his family life. that is why also many times it is called jobless growth - go on burdening the existing employees with more work load and a few more peanut sized emoluments. Thus you have a working generation with lots of money but no time to enjoy. SJ can try to move to a public sector company if possible as they still follow to a large extant old ways of fixed hours working. Salary may become an issue but family may be happy. 

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

If he really enjoys his job, he need not think about change. With a little bit of adjustment here and there, he can get best of the two worlds.

SJ is a senior manager in one of the best multinationals in NCR of India. He starts such topics just to gain sympathy. I will not mention it here his company owes me lot of money that I lost buying their shares a couple of years before. :). As Vijay has rightly mentioned, the private companies pay good but they suck blood esp of their sincere workers (careless ones do not survive for long).

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

SJ is a senior manager in one of the best multinationals in NCR of India. He starts such topics just to gain sympathy. I will not mention it here his company owes me lot of money that I lost buying their shares a couple of years before. :). As Vijay has rightly mentioned, the private companies pay good but they suck blood esp of their sincere workers (careless ones do not survive for long).

Obviously SJ wants to have a good pay and perks and enough time to enjoy life. I think one cannot have both. It's here SJ has to weigh the things and come to a decision. As the saying goes,"One cannot have the cake and eat it too."

rambabu wrote:

Start your own business dealing with Web development and other related jobs. Delegate powers to one experienced colleague. This must give both rest as well as job satisfaction. This issubject to your courage and conviction. Anyhow, had you given your specialities, I'd have given you more specific solution.

I am not a software engineer. Moreover to start my own business will be risk and at present when my family needs are growing I can't afford to take risks.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.