Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes. Very recently a Nigerian group was caught while sending mails promising heavy cash after giving their credit card number etc. The same is true in the case of terror groups . Social websites have become a platform for all kinds of  cheating.

The Nigerian phishing scam is as old as the internet itself. Before internet they operated via mail, and with the onset of IT, they quickly improvised and adapted themselves. Until date, hundreds of people have been duped by the Nigerians. Now an ongoing scam currently, in India, is to target middle-aged single women or men searching for a partner. These men or women are contacted by 'prospective' partners and charmed and wooed, and then money extracted on some pretext or other.

I see. Anyway you look at it, it is clear how the social websites are being used by the antisocial  elements. People should be aware of these evils and stop getting lured by the sops offered by these groups.

rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes. Very recently a Nigerian group was caught while sending mails promising heavy cash after giving their credit card number etc. The same is true in the case of terror groups . Social websites have become a platform for all kinds of  cheating.

The Nigerian phishing scam is as old as the internet itself. Before internet they operated via mail, and with the onset of IT, they quickly improvised and adapted themselves. Until date, hundreds of people have been duped by the Nigerians. Now an ongoing scam currently, in India, is to target middle-aged single women or men searching for a partner. These men or women are contacted by 'prospective' partners and charmed and wooed, and then money extracted on some pretext or other.

I see. Anyway you look at it, it is clear how the social websites are being used by the antisocial  elements. People should be aware of these evils and stop getting lured by the sops offered by these groups.

I doubt if Facebook had anything much to do with the Nigerian scam since posts are pretty open on Facebook and everyone can see them...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I was referring Social websites in general. It is possible that FB has nothing to do about these Nigerian groups.

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I doubt if Facebook had anything much to do with the Nigerian scam since posts are pretty open on Facebook and everyone can see them...

True...but FB is becoming notorious for youngsters being lured by sexual predators and then getting harassed!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

True...but FB is becoming notorious for youngsters being lured by sexual predators and then getting harassed!

FB has become a platform  for youngsters For harassing and bullying. These youngsters derive demonic pleasure out of harassing thinking that what they are doing is a Heroic  achievement.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I partly blame the youngsters for falling for such schemes...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Youngsters are fast spirited. They do not have an iota of idea what they are doing. They generally have some role model from the movies who celebrates every time he harasses some helpless creature. Youngsters are carried away by these and they imitate their idol in real life. This gives them a sense of achievement.

Facebook brings change in lifestyle?????

Recently on last Mondat Facebook had one billion users in one day which goes to show its popularity inspite of everything ...Every social site has both advantages and disadvantages. Personally speaking in the past 8 years that I have been on it, never have I had any bad experience expect some amusing and entertaining moments !

True. It was a record having one Billion users. This certainly is an index of FB's popularity. It is also true tthat social websites are an admixture of Good and bad. Then its's our duty to pick the good and leave aside the Bad.

What i have noticed that people want to showcase their life and this makes them pleasure to show that they are living a different life than others. Thatswhy they want to post every a minute thing that has happened in their life.

Want to make each day Accountable

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.