Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Calling and branding every junk food as unhealthy is not proper. If I'm not familiar with a type of junk food i keep silent. Calling Khichidi as junk food is really something. Khichidi is known for its Healthy qualities. It is a combination of many Pulses.

Absolutely, it is ignorance more than anything else ...

Khickdi is a wholesome meal.

It's a balance of carbohydrate and protein. Moong beans additionally are a good source of dietary fibre, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. It has all the 10 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. Freshly-cooked khichdi eaten with pure cow’s ghee provides the right amount of macro-nutrients, complex carbohydrate, protein and fat. Adding vegetables to it makes it a complete meal.

http://www.thehealthsite.com/fitness/khichdi-4-reasons-why-it-is-more-than-just-comfort-food-k214/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Fast food differs from traditional food. Some items of fast food also could be healthy. But we need to take fast food only occasionally and take normally ordinary home meals, tommotto and chicken soups, fruit or fruit juices. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Nothing is better than home made foods. But occasionally it becomes necessary to go out for fast food joints. Especially when sudden and unexpected guests  arrive.

Not necessarily because of any unexpected situation, one may genuinely want to go out and have a burger or a pizza once in a while ...I like doing that and I really like some of the fast food knowing fully well that it may not be health food or there are additives added etc etc ...It becomes a problem when you get hooked on to it and it becomes a habit ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In my case, i'm habituated ever since I remember not to go for outside food . And this is continuing. Even when guests descend suddenly, my wife prepares food.  If at all there arise a situation when my wife gets sick or indisposed, I prefer to go to a Udipi or Telugu restaurants and eat only foods like Idli or some kind of foods like that.It's a question of habit.

usha manohar wrote:

At times people simply call everything that is not familiar to them as junk food - I had this experience once when I had some unexpected guests drop in at  9 pm and instead of ordering food from outside I decided to make a Kichdi adding whatever vegetable I had and served it with salad , pickles and yogurt, and although the guests were happy because by then they were really hungry ,one of my cousins who too was with them commented 'Oh you are serving us junk food , instead we could have ordered from outside ! I asked him whether rice and Saambhar is junk according to him, and he said no...So, what was the difference between that and Kichidi which is a slightly different version of the same since it has rice, dhal, vegetables..

Calling khichadi made with rice, dal and vegetables as junk food is really ludicruous. I guess some people consider food, even if healthy, prepared quickly as being junk.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Khichidi is made from Rice and lentils.

It's easy to cook and very easy to digest. It is the best food for recovering fast after sickness. And such food is being labelled as Junk ? funny. It shows the people's lack of knowledge about Healthy foods.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

At times people simply call everything that is not familiar to them as junk food - I had this experience once when I had some unexpected guests drop in at  9 pm and instead of ordering food from outside I decided to make a Kichdi adding whatever vegetable I had and served it with salad , pickles and yogurt, and although the guests were happy because by then they were really hungry ,one of my cousins who too was with them commented 'Oh you are serving us junk food , instead we could have ordered from outside ! I asked him whether rice and Saambhar is junk according to him, and he said no...So, what was the difference between that and Kichidi which is a slightly different version of the same since it has rice, dhal, vegetables..

..Calling khichadi made with rice, dal and vegetables as junk food is really ludicruous. I guess some people consider food, even if healthy, prepared quickly as being junk.

@ rambabu ..Khichidi is made from Rice and lentils.

It's easy to cook and very easy to digest. It is the best food for recovering fast after sickness. And such food is being labelled as Junk ? funny. It shows the people's lack of knowledge about Healthy foods.

That is true, Kichidi is quite an effortless dish that one can prepare in a jiffy and the guy was surprised I guess LOL...Later of course he realised his mistake !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Those who relish junk food find it normal and rest foods are junk.. Chinese flavour has captured the Indian food market and one gets to eat Chinese samosas, dosas, Manchurian fried idli, etc. Soon there will be available Chinese khichdi 9may already be available). With times people's food habits also change and the body adapts beautifully to these. Yes over indulgence, even of healthy khichdi can cause problems.

I love Chinese food and I find it very light ...But I hate the idea of Indo Chinese version of some of the food items , I guess with time they become naturalised ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.